Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden Healer Help

esp1992
esp1992
✭✭✭
Hi.

I’m thinking about building a Full Magicka Warden Healer called “The Jade Warden” with 2 Restoration Staves for PVE content, but don’t know where to start.
Also looking for what Armor/Weapon sets to run too.
Thinking of using mostly Green Balance Abilities.

Any Ideas?
MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont use two resto staves. Use one for your healing bar, but your second bar should be a destruction staff (preferably lightning). There's really no need to run 100% heals in this game, you can easily get by healing any content with just one bar, and your back bar should be for supporting buffs and damage/debuffs.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Dont use two resto staves. Use one for your healing bar, but your second bar should be a destruction staff (preferably lightning). There's really no need to run 100% heals in this game, you can easily get by healing any content with just one bar, and your back bar should be for supporting buffs and damage/debuffs.

What about Skills?
    MY CHARACTERS

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although the majority wants a healer using single resto and single destro staff, I'd recommend do not follow the majority way and create your own. So two resto staves are good. I already have destro/resto argonian templar healer, so my magicka warden healer uses only resto.
    Warden already supports group with Frost Cloak, Maturation passive or Combat Prayer, so don't tell me I need any additional suport than pure strong healing - let the mag DDs use destro staff for suport and actually be supportive instead of just staying stupid doing damage.
    I actually level an argonian for mag warden heal, with all crafted gear, light armor in divines, Apprentice mundus (didn't check yet if The Ritual isn't better), 5 pcs. Julianos and 3 pcs. Magnus plus random jewellery drops, like trainee. Resto staves with Powered trait for increased healing (I used to have infused with spell power gain - berserker but I think Powered is better - raises to ~2400 a single tick of healing Springs).

Skills: a mix of warden and resto skills

1-st resto bar:
    - Healing Thicket ultimate (no bear)
    - Healing Springs morph from Resto (basic heal)
    - Budding Seeds morph from warden (secondary heal)
    - Lotus Blossom morph from warden (always up for heal and spell crit)
    - Living Trellis morph from warden (occasionally)
    - Nature's Embrace morph from warden (cool skill, strong heal over time and great for trolling other players while out of combat :) ).
    2-nd resto bar:
    - Permafrost ultimate (for supporting group)
    - Frost Cloak (extra resistance for group)
    - Combat Prayer from Resto (extra damage for group)
    - Blue Betty
    - Shimmering Shield (for self-defence).
    Edited by Gargath on April 28, 2018 4:55PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Although the majority wants a healer using single resto and single destro staff, I'd recommend do not follow the majority way and create your own. So two resto staves are good. I already have destro/resto argonian templar healer, so my magicka warden healer uses only resto.
    Warden already supports group with Frost Cloak, Maturation passive or Combat Prayer, so don't tell me I need any additional suport than pure strong healing - let the mag DDs use destro staff for suport and actually be supportive instead of just stay stupid doing damage.
    I actually level an argonian for mag warden heal, with all crafted gear, light armor in divines, Apprentice mundus, 5 pcs. Julianos and 3 pcs. Magnus plus random jewellery drops, like trainee. Resto staves with Powered trait for increased healing (I used to have infused with spell power gain - berserker but I think Powered is better - raises to ~2400 a single tick of healing Springs).

Skills: a mix of warden and resto stave skills
    1-st resto bar:
    - Nature's Embrace morph from warden (cool skill, strong heal over time and great for trolling other players while out of combat :).
    2-nd resto bar:
    - Blue Betty
    - Shimmering Shield for self-defence.

How about Gear?
    Thinking of using Chokethorn.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »
    How about Gear?
    I'm not sure about monster sets for healer, I prefer to have two full 5 pcs. sets than single full and a complete monster, mainly because it's easier for me to obtain overland sets, than to farm for the one correct monster.

But comparing stats I think Earthgore should be better that Chokethorn for a healer, I'd like to have this one.
    The cooldown is longer but the heal for really wounded player is instant, massive, guaranteed, and when it is actually needed, not by a small chance and on random players like with Chokethorn.
    Edited by Gargath on April 28, 2018 5:10PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not sure about skills but the sets are

Spell Power Cure and Jorvuld’s Guidance.

A guess at the skills.
    Spells you need.
    Enchanted growth, Budding Seeds, Combat Prayer, Ward Ally, Aggressive Warhorn.
    Leeching Vines,Shimmering shield,Expansive Frost Cloak, Wall of lightning, Elemental drain, Enchanted Forest.

Enchanted growth is healing springes unless you have a masters resto then you'll need to use it. Budding seeds acts as mutagen. I guess ward ally isn't required but I think its good. Aggressive warhorn is your main ultimate.

Leeching vines is a lot of healing for a low cost. Shimmering shield maybe you can cut it if the tank is really good but its one of wardens best abilities generating ultimate quickly. Frost cloak seems good. Wall of lightning and elemental drain are important. Enchanted forest is the "OH Sh*&T" button, and you'll generate the ulti back to keep up warhorn.
    Edited by Narvuntien on April 28, 2018 5:29PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Enchanted growth is healing springes unless you have a masters resto then you'll need to use it.
    In my opinion Healing Springs is way better than Enchanted Growth - HS means less magicka cost, stronger heal (over time), magicka restored, not cone in front but large radius, more precise than EG which is hard to operate and some players may be missed due to lack of healing marker on the ground.
    Personally I don't like EG due to it's unjustified big cost and don't recommend it. Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance aren't worth so much.
    HS is also basic spammable healing skill. You can't use EG as spammable due to the cost :).
    Edited by Gargath on April 28, 2018 5:56PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/401669/protector-of-life-the-complete-end-game-warden-healer-build-1-4

All depends in direction you like to heal? Are you more after the experience in using different ablities, r supporting allies, glory in battle, or something els? How you imagine your future?
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭

Chokethorn is probably the best healer monster set for starting and PUGs
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden already supports group with Frost Cloak, Maturation passive or Combat Prayer, so don't tell me I need any additional suport than pure strong healing - let the mag DDs use destro staff for suport and actually be supportive instead of just staying stupid doing damage.
    I actually level an argonian for mag warden heal, with all crafted gear, light armor in divines, Apprentice mundus (didn't check yet if The Ritual isn't better), 5 pcs. Julianos and 3 pcs. Magnus plus random jewellery drops, like trainee. Resto staves with Powered trait for increased healing (I used to have infused with spell power gain - berserker but I think Powered is better - raises to ~2400 a single tick of healing Springs).

1-st resto bar:
    - Nature's Embrace morph from warden (cool skill, strong heal over time and great for trolling other players while out of combat :) ).
    2-nd resto bar:
    - Blue Betty

Healers are usually expected to run Elemental Drain, though... can’t do that with dual resto staves.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Healers are usually expected to run Elemental Drain, though... can’t do that with dual resto staves.
    Then stop expecting that from healers once and for all. Let the lazy DD's do a bit more than just damaging. There is always some magicka DD in group. Healer has already much to do with noobish DD's staying stupid on red circles.

I remember doing some dungeon with my guildies from Priests of Hircine and I was asked if I'll have Ele Drain, but I was dual resto so refused and they said no problem - one DD slotted it and everyone was happy :).

And by the way, to all recommending resto/destro build (along with Master/Asylum weird elite hybrids so called "healer builds") the OP was asking for dual resto build so...
    Edited by Gargath on April 29, 2018 8:45AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then stop expecting that from healers once and for all. Let the lazy DD's do a bit more than just damaging. There is always some magicka DD in group. Healer has already much to do with noobish DD's staying stupid on red circles.

I remember doing some dungeon with my guildies from Priests of Hircine and I was asked if I'll have Ele Drain, but I was dual resto so refused and they said no problem - one DD slotted it and everyone was happy :).

And by the way, to all recommending resto/destro build (along with Master/Asylum weird elite hybrids so called "healer builds") the OP was asking for dual resto build so...

Two things, you say lazy dps, I hear you are a lazy healer, which is worse in my eyes.

Then there is syphon spirit, gives minor magic steal just like eledrain. If you are not going to slot eledrain, you will have room on your bars for that at least.

My warden healer looks like this-

Front bar resto

Green lotus- bursting vines- mutagen- springs- combat prayer- ulti northern storm

Back bar lighting staff

Eledrain- enchanted growth- blood altar- mystic orbs- lightning wall- ulti warhorn

Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on April 29, 2018 10:39AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking those “lazy” DDs to slot elemental drain instead of one of their damage skills screws up their rotation and results in damage loss. Also, most magicka DDs have the other morph of that skill anyway for target dummy testing.

Damage dealers have one job: deal damage. As a main healer, I would NEVER expect a damage dealer to slot a support skill like Elemental Drain. My job as the healer is to buff, debuff, and keep my group’s health continually topped up to ensure good SPC uptime. Dual resto staves are overkill — and that’s not just my opinion. There’s a reason why resto/destro is always recommended for magicka healers. I’m assuming that the OP wants to be the most effective magicka Warden healer he/she could possibly be, which necessitates running resto/destro at a bare minimum. They could certainly run resto/resto and be fine, but would ultimately not be as effective as they could be.

There are often perfectly satisfactory alternatives to the meta in ESO, but that’s usually not the case for magicka healers, unfortunately.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run different stuff for diff circs. I play magden healer. I have just levelled my warden and healed most vet dungeons on her and some normal trials as a 3 week old PvE healer. (The healing magicka templar has gone to Cyro, where she is weeping quietly.)

This is long but I hope it explains the reason the answers may vary a lot in what is recommended. Everything below is pve oriented . Healing on a magden in pvp is a whole other thing.

Normals: In 4 person groups I try to do 12-15% of dps plus 75 -100% heals unless we have nukers along.... Then my dps % drops but i am still supplying buffs resources and debuffs. ie I am happy to drop some unneeded heals for some extra group dps. 'If they dead they can't hurt anyone.' So if things die quicker you are doing your job. Even if there's nuthin to actually heal.

So I would run a full lightning destro bar with drain, crushing shock (interrupt) and wall of elements (off balance..old habit) plus a damaging warden shield and another flex warden dps skill. Destruction staff ult. On resto staff my ult is either Warhorn or trees The resto also has the standard heal skills recommended in this thread.

In dps races or skyreach runs where my role is to mostly buff then heal huge aoe pulls, if needed, I run combat prayer and try to keep spc proccing. I am still getting familiar with warden buffs and defile.

Pure healing: I still run a destro and a resto.
    Destro: In hardmode vet and trials or when tank/dps needs resources or dps needs synergies to proc moondancer, for example, i would replace wall of elements with orbs. The flex skill becomes a warden heal like budding seeds, or a purge in for example, vHoF or lotus for the heal while heavy attacking. I Always run ele drain. This is the main reason to run destro. It helps dps so much. Same thing, If i don't need the interrupt from crushing shock then I may put betty netch or another warden heal or the defile on instead.

The type of shield changes depending on the boss and my resources. I generally put a shield on each bar. Read the tooltips to decide which is relevant. For example, i always have harness magicka as one for resource regen. I lag and have bar swap issues so double shield is good insurance in stam draining fights where roll dodging and block can chew magden resouces.

Gear:

You need spc and any of mending/worm/sanctuary depending on what leader wants in difficult vet stuff/trials.

Tried Jorvuld but no one asks for it for trial heals in my guilds. Others really like it. I haven't done a proper comparison.

Troll king/chokethorn/ both ok for monster.

Alternative: I wear two 5 pieces, staves and molag kena shoulders for the spell damage (for increasing my healing springs heal)

When soloing, to level undaunted to get orbs, You could also try Destruction Mastery plus a dps set of your choice. I used winterborn but its a bit more 'meh' than the tooltip would indicate but is good enough for soloing public dungeons while built for heals CP wise.

I am sure others have good gear suggestions until you get your golded perfect trait worm, spc, and at least one other set required for end game vet dlc healing.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    This is very helpful so far, but I would rather use the ice staff instead of lightning.
    and yes, I know about the passive.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very helpful so far, but I would rather use the ice staff instead of lightning.

Out of curiosity, why?

Blockade of Frost: reduces enemy Movement Speed and immobilizes chilled enemies -- completely unnecessary for a healer, as any tank worth his/her weight will already have trash locked down and/or slowed.

Blockade of Storms: sets concussed enemies off balance -- even with the off-balance nerfs, this is a good option for a healer to slot, as it helps your whole group out and doesn't overlap with a tanking utility role.

0 Points in Tri-Focus with Frost Staff equipped: eliminates the problem of taunting, but also provides no other benefits whatsoever. If you do decide to put points in tri-focus and heavy attack on your resto staff, you gain the "benefi"t of... blocking costing magicka instead of stamina? You're not the tank, so short of certain boss mechanics, you're not going to be doing a whole lot of blocking anyway. If stamina loss related to dodge-rolling is a concern, tri-stat glyphs are your friend. Also, many AOE attacks can be avoided without dodge-rolling if you're positioning yourself appropriately, so stamina should NEVER be a concern for a healer. There's also the issue of bar-swap delay and accidental taunting. To be safe, you shouldn't put any points into this passive, which, again, provides no other benefits.

2 Points in Tri-Focus with Lightning Staff equipped: heavy attacks damage nearby enemies for 100% of the damage done -- neat, you get to help out the whole group with a little bit of DPS!

Ancient Knowledge with Frost Staff equipped: reduces the cost of blocking by 30% and increases the amount of damage you block by 20% -- again, you're not the tank. You need to block as a healer on occasion, but this is a passive that will be of WAY more benefit to a magicka tank that has to block frequently.

Ancient Knowledge with Lightning Staff equipped: increases your damage done with area of effect abilities by 8% -- yay, trash groups die a bit faster, especially if you're using blockade! No drawbacks whatsoever.

Lightning is objectively the better choice for a healer. Leave CCing and blocking to the tank -- that's their job, not yours. Frost staves are cool for Wardens from a roleplay/solo perspective, but they will be of relatively little help to you or your group as a healer.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, why?

Blockade of Frost: reduces enemy Movement Speed and immobilizes chilled enemies -- completely unnecessary for a healer, as any tank worth his/her weight will already have trash locked down and/or slowed.

Blockade of Storms: sets concussed enemies off balance -- even with the off-balance nerfs, this is a good option for a healer to slot, as it helps your whole group out and doesn't overlap with a tanking utility role.

0 Points in Tri-Focus with Frost Staff equipped: eliminates the problem of taunting, but also provides no other benefits whatsoever. If you do decide to put points in tri-focus and heavy attack on your resto staff, you gain the "benefi"t of... blocking costing magicka instead of stamina? You're not the tank, so short of certain boss mechanics, you're not going to be doing a whole lot of blocking anyway. If stamina loss related to dodge-rolling is a concern, tri-stat glyphs are your friend. Also, many AOE attacks can be avoided without dodge-rolling if you're positioning yourself appropriately, so stamina should NEVER be a concern for a healer. There's also the issue of bar-swap delay and accidental taunting. To be safe, you shouldn't put any points into this passive, which, again, provides no other benefits.

2 Points in Tri-Focus with Lightning Staff equipped: heavy attacks damage nearby enemies for 100% of the damage done -- neat, you get to help out the whole group with a little bit of DPS!

Ancient Knowledge with Frost Staff equipped: reduces the cost of blocking by 30% and increases the amount of damage you block by 20% -- again, you're not the tank. You need to block as a healer on occasion, but this is a passive that will be of WAY more benefit to a magicka tank that has to block frequently.

Ancient Knowledge with Lightning Staff equipped: increases your damage done with area of effect abilities by 8% -- yay, trash groups die a bit faster, especially if you're using blockade! No drawbacks whatsoever.

Lightning is objectively the better choice for a healer. Leave CCing and blocking to the tank -- that's their job, not yours. Frost staves are cool for Wardens from a roleplay/solo perspective, but they will be of relatively little help to you or your group as a healer.

And that’s why I wanted to use 2 resto staves for healer.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, why?

You mean because you think healers shouldn't help with DPS? Keeping your group's health at 100% most/all of the time is really easy, especially on a Warden. Again: dual resto staves are overkill, and you won't be able to support the group as well as you could with a resto/destro setup. There is honestly nothing more frustrating than a lazy healer who just stands there heavy resto-attacking and throwing out a heal every now and then when the previous batch of HoTs expires. Keeping everyone alive is obviously the priority, but you should also help out with DPS when it's safe to do so (which is more often than you might think), and you should ALWAYS help out with buffs/debuffs. Elemental Drain is very important if you have magicka damage dealers in the group, and the healer is typically the one who slots it.

I'd only use resto/ice staff on a Warden if I were planning on making a hybrid magicka tank/healer character designed to run with three high-end damage dealers who know what they're doing. I'd never use resto/resto in any situation.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 30, 2018 12:19AM
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, why?

You mean because you think healers shouldn't help with DPS? Keeping your group's health at 100% most/all of the time is really easy, especially on a Warden. Again: dual resto staves are overkill, and you won't be able to support the group as well as you could with a resto/destro setup. There is honestly nothing more frustrating than a lazy healer who just stands there heavy resto-attacking and throwing out a heal every now and then when the previous batch of HoTs expires. Keeping everyone alive is obviously the priority, but you should also help out with DPS when it's safe to do so (which is more often than you might think), and you should ALWAYS help out with buffs/debuffs. Elemental Drain is very important if you have magicka damage dealers in the group, and the healer is typically the one who slots it.

I'd only use resto/ice staff on a Warden if I were planning on making a hybrid magicka tank/healer character designed to run with three high-end damage dealers who know what they're doing. I'd never use resto/resto in any situation.

That’s what I’m probably leaning on towards, a healer and off-tank.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, why?

I'd personally recommend tank and off-heals more so if you're planning on running dungeons with a pre-formed group, because competent damage dealers are usually pretty good at keeping themselves alive with a little extra help from the tank during the oh sh** moments. In that case, you could probably get away with something like Akaviri Dragonguard (5pc body for heavy armour passives), Sanctuary or SPC (jewellery and staves, with one head or shoulder piece), and a monster head/shoulder of your choice. If you wanted to stick to light armour, you could even try Fortified Brass instead of Dragonguard. When Summerset hits and 2H weapons count for two set pieces, you could then use 2 pc Bloodspawn for really high uptime on Enchanted Forest. I've never tried a tank/healer Warden build, so there are likely far better theorycrafted options out there if you look through YouTube.

I reeeaally wouldn't recommend a hybrid build, though, unless you have three good damage dealing friends (or if you're in a trials group that doesn't care if someone's a little lot off-meta). A hybrid build would limit you from queuing in the group finder, as you'd almost inevitably irritate the dedicated healer or dedicated tank you're randomly paired up with every single time.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 30, 2018 12:59AM
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭

Out of curiosity, why?

I'd personally recommend tank and off-heals more so if you're planning on running dungeons with a pre-formed group, because competent damage dealers are usually pretty good at keeping themselves alive with a little extra help from the tank during the oh sh** moments. In that case, you could probably get away with something like Akaviri Dragonguard (5pc body for heavy armour passives), Sanctuary or SPC (jewellery and staves, with one head or shoulder piece), and a monster head/shoulder of your choice. If you wanted to stick to light armour, you could even try Fortified Brass instead of Dragonguard. When Summerset hits and 2H weapons count for two set pieces, you could then use 2 pc Bloodspawn for really high uptime on Enchanted Forest. I've never tried a tank/healer Warden build, so there are likely far better theorycrafted options out there if you look through YouTube.

I reeeaally wouldn't recommend a hybrid build, though, unless you have three good damage dealing friends (or if you're in a trials group that doesn't care if someone's a little lot off-meta). A hybrid build would limit you from queuing in the group finder, as you'd almost inevitably irritate the dedicated healer or dedicated tank you're randomly paired up with every single time.

I’ll keep that in mind, thank you for being honest.
    MY CHARACTERS

• esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to thank everyone for their help, point-of-view, and honesty.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1-st resto bar:
    2-nd resto bar:
    - Blue Betty

Out of curiosity, why?

My warden healer actually uses this (blockade of frost). First let's mention you can off balance with crushing shock. You can provide concussion with asylum staff. So used frost for more benefits. It will slow enemies down, imbolize, and ranged aoe maim
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some bad advice here. Why a healer slots permafrost...

Use spc, worm and earthgore/trollking.

Heal springs, combat prayer, betty, orb, healing ward, blizzard ult that gives mana

Ele drain, blockade, cone heal, lotus, [ ], war horn

Emty spot can be dmg skill, shield or support skill. Only cast warhorn as ult. Dont listen crappy advice of some other people here. Use lightning staff, fire ok too. Dont use frost staff. This is trial setup.

Quick advice: if someone dont suggest any of lotus, vine(with heal over time) or root shield skill; that person dont know anything about warden. Dont listen to him. Only these 3skills proc regen passive. Lotus is best among all tho.