Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Player on my alliance showed his friend my stealth location

DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
✭✭✭✭✭
So i was farming in IC and a DC was showing his EP friend my stealth location so that he could kill me even tho i was all the time in stealth.

Is this against the TOS? Can you report this behaviour? It made farming for me impossible there cause he would show his friend all the time my location.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, its not against any of the rules. Stop camping, its not good for your health. If people rat out your camping location then find a new one, or better yet, learn how to be a mobile shadow constantly surprising people.

Put him down as....a "spy", a traitor to your alliance. They happen ALL the time, especially in overland Cyrodiil.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about someone ruining your game cause you cant ruin other people's game. Nice.

No its not a ToS violation, its just an underhanded act in PvP. Most you can do is just go somewhere else away from the traitor.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet just get good enough to trash him and then tbag the both of them.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a *** move, but it happens in PvP all the time.
    In Cyrodiil just yesterday, a player on our alliance was calling out locations to his guild on the opposite faction, or saying in zone chat, "Help at Ash!"...but no one was there...solely to pull other players away from taking another keep.
    But there's hope.... https://imgur.com/9dE8Krd
    I'm sure clever players will still find ways around this, but it's a start.
    Punks are gonna be punks. Find another spot and know that person is a trader..
    Edited by Kel on April 27, 2018 9:14AM
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say repeated (i.e on a daily basis) behavior like that is grounds for complaint. Otherwise, you were probably better hiring your own friendly enemy or switching server. Pretty sure it happens all the time, via whispers or discord. no really has much trust in their faction mates these days in pvp with the way things work.

Edited by Goshua on April 27, 2018 9:18AM
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    Often when you are in the IC but also in Cyro some PvPers use this so they have not so many People who just follow them to get easy Ap or Tel Var. It is not very usefull for them to give half of their Tel Var to someone who just leaches it.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil has gone to the dogs. And its all the players fault..

2 nights ago late at night when pop was low, Ash was camped. No sieging, just people hanging around wanting a fight. Yet as soon as anybody exited the keep, they were set upon by around 15 of these guys. A few times, 3 or 4 people pushed out together, but there's only so much can be done against half a dozen snipe spammers that you can even reach due to the talons spam.

On its own, this isn't too bad, except these 15 campers were made up of both EP and AD. They had constant line of sight with each other but did not fight each other. They stayed just far enough away to avoid accidental aoe 'friendly fire', yet both immediately targeted any DC who left the keep. Each one of the factions had more people there than DC did, yet they needed to gang up. And neither were these guys zerglings who needed that kind of advantage, there were all competent player in their own right.

Went on for at least half an hour - possibly longer, idk, that's just when I logged off in disgust.

Yesterday hit another situation. Same kind of thing.. Reds and yellows together not fighting each other, ganging up on blues...

Players have really destroyed this game.
    Edited by Biro123 on April 28, 2018 4:13PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We call this a traitor it happens to everyone eventually just forget it and move on
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All bets are off in IC!

It started with the people camping the fishing spots & then came the Justice Patrols who would gank the gankers...
    now these days anything goes!
    & if you spent too much time camping the same particular locations that's exactly who the remaining Justice Patrols like to kill, in fact they often form up the cross factional groups just to hunt down those types
    o:)<3>:)
    Pretty much that's WHY they are in there!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Espionage and treason is punishable by death in most cases historically. But it’s not a diety that smites the spy, it’s the offended party. Instead of being a snitch that’s gonna get their report laughed at and passed around the zos support center, sack up and log on/make an alt and put that kid in his place if it means so much to you.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

2 nights ago late at night when pop was low, Ash was camped. No sieging, just people hanging around wanting a fight. Yet as soon as anybody exited the keep, they were set upon by around 15 of these guys. A few times, 3 or 4 people pushed out together, but there's only so much can be done against half a dozen snipe spammers that you can even reach due to the talons spam.

On its own, this isn't too bad, except these 15 campers were made up of both EP and AD. They had constant line of sight with each other but did not fight each other. They stayed just far enough away to avoid accidental aoe 'friendly fire', yet both immediately targeted any DC who left the keep. Each one of the factions had more people there than DC did, yet they needed to gang up. And neither were these guys zerglings who needed that kind of advantage, there were all competent player in their own right.

Went on for at least half an hour - possibly longer, idk, that's just when I logged off in disgust.

Yesterday hit another situation. Same kind of thing.. Reds and yellows together not fighting each other, ganging up on blues...

I just wanna add something here; you wanna know why Vivec has degenerated to this? Because the campaign was concluded 4 days after it started, leaving players with 27 days of no campaign play. Ep and DC know they cant beat the AD morning zerg, so they just dont give a *** anymore, get frustrated and only want to try to get as much personal ap as possible (not that it matters, you cant buy anything you dont already won with that ap nowadays anyway). So instead of a healthy campaign play, we are left with the spoils of the party. AD already ate all the cake, drank all the lemonade managed to squeeze in the extra vanilla sauce and have now left for next party (sotha sil).
    The moment the campaign becomes slightly interesting again, the situation will change, pugs will actively search for seieges and push for points, instead of tanking inside a keep hoping to land off a killing blow from the walls on the 1vx heros camping outside. Then you have the usual tower hamsters of course, using cyrodiil to rub their e-peen, who can run fastest and longest in a circle inside the tower. Pretty fun ye isnt it. Only solution is to radically change the scoring tables at freak hours to save cyrodiil, or next only the tumbleweed wil hit walls.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Nope, its not against any of the rules. Stop camping, its not good for your health. If people rat out your camping location then find a new one, or better yet, learn how to be a mobile shadow constantly surprising people.

Put him down as....a "spy", a traitor to your alliance. They happen ALL the time, especially in overland Cyrodiil.

^^^^^^

Sorry OP, I know how frustrating it is. Had it happen to me.
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Espionage and treason is punishable by death in most cases historically. But it’s not a diety that smites the spy, it’s the offended party. Instead of being a snitch that’s gonna get their report laughed at and passed around the zos support center, sack up and log on/make an alt and put that kid in his place if it means so much to you.
    This also works!
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on April 28, 2018 6:38PM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is casual AF. Don’t take it too serious. I know it’s cliche but for this game it’s really not worth stressing over.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should only be allowed 1 alliance on your account. cause it would fix this problem.
    i hope the devs make it that way.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 28, 2018 7:45PM
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Our guild kicks people who would do this.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you should only be allowed 1 alliance on your account. cause it would fix this problem.

I actually agree with this. There is zero faction loyalty atm.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

OMG been saying this forever.

I think you should pick your main faction and if you make a character outside that faction it should not be able to enter a pvp campaign at all.

People spying from another faction is sooooooo dumb.

As for the OP I would redo build until you can take them! Or just move to another area or sewers because I don't think zos really cares if it doesn't involve them making money directly.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, i have plenty of truce players of other alliances and it's fun wrecking the 3rd alliance together. It's a lot of fun. Ive met some cool people like that. Not in the scale you're talking of, but same premise.

It's not as fun if you're on the recieving side, but get in chat, group up, use your brain and beat them one at a time. That is even more fun than what they are doing. If you run out solo in the middle of two opposing factions, over and over, what do you expect to happen?

There's a million ways to have fun with that situation imo.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, i have plenty of truce players of other alliances and it's fun wrecking the 3rd alliance together. It's a lot of fun. Ive met some cool people like that. Not in the scale you're talking of, but same premise.

It's not as fun if you're on the recieving side, but get in chat, group up, use your brain and beat them one at a time. That is even more fun than what they are doing. If you run out solo in the middle of two opposing factions, over and over, what do you expect to happen?

So what's to do? its late at night, either one of them outnumbers us, they are all good players and know not to chase/get lured away/seperated..

That stuff you say only works vs zerglings.

You cannot get away from the simple fact that it stinks - and that if it keep going that way - with the good players not fighting each other - and everyone else wanting to be the same - and those who do want to fight get ganged up on and smacked down? then in the end nobody will fight and pvp dies.

I've seen this exact thing happen in other games.. Where are they now?
    Edited by Biro123 on April 28, 2018 10:18PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG been saying this forever.

I think you should pick your main faction and if you make a character outside that faction it should not be able to enter a pvp campaign at all.

People spying from another faction is sooooooo dumb.

As for the OP I would redo build until you can take them! Or just move to another area or sewers because I don't think zos really cares if it doesn't involve them making money directly.

The only problem with that is multiple accounts...

Stupid people will always find a way, unfortunately. One can only hope, the mentality changes, as much as the odds are against that.

Oh and by the way: Some people do it without knowing, like when they use "rapid regeneration" on hidden people. :expressionless:
    Edited by Kelces on April 28, 2018 10:34PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what's to do? its late at night, either one of them outnumbers us, they are all good players and know not to chase/get lured away/seperated..

You cannot get away from the simple fact that it stinks - and that if it keep going that way - with the good players not fighting each other - and everyone else wanting to be the same - and those who do want to fight get ganged up on and smacked down? then in the end nobody will fight and pvp dies.

Going at that solo would stink, yes. But you have options. Y not just go else where or ask them for a 1v1/xvx if you just want to fight? How about getting in zone and coordinating allies? Switch gear and gank/ bomb/ troll them?

Sounds like neither you nor them where objective based. If they're decent players they'll oblige to some skilled combat. I guess my point is it's what you make it.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Going at that solo would stink, yes. But you have options. Y not just go else where or ask them for a 1v1/xvx if you just want to fight? How about getting in zone and coordinating allies? Switch gear and gank/ bomb/ troll them?

Sounds like neither you nor them where objective based. If they're decent players they'll oblige to some skilled combat. I guess my point is it's what you make it.

You're missing the point. It's not about what you could do in a severely outnumbered camping scenario, it's about a behaviour that drives players from participating in PvP. I understand that from a certain gameplay PoV it's nothing different to one huge blob from one alliance only. But it reveals much of the player's mentality when two alliance (with numbers advantage) forge an alliance against the already lowered populated third one.

It's like why should I even PvP at all when it's the green/orange/purple alliance? When they want to play with their friends, why don't log to an alt with the same alliance?

It's unhealthy for PvP as a whole in the long run.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Surefire way to lose customers fast.

People have chars in different factions to PvP with different friends and guilds. Stopping people from playing with friends unless they buy another account, is douchebaggery of the highest level.

Let's also not forget that guilds occasionally re-roll to different factions to balance out the AvA guild populations which leads to healthier game. Remember this?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185117/vehemence-rolling-blue/p1

Finally the time people spend levelling up alts, is time playing the game and feeding the game's market. You stop that and you reduce in-game activity. Not to mention that you'd have to sort out what happens with all the accounts that already have chars of different factions.

There's many arguments against locking the accounts to a single faction. I see 0 note-worthy arguments for it, just the old
    iT rUiNs mY iMmErShuNs

Edited by Maulkin on April 29, 2018 9:33AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

People have chars in different factions to PvP with different friends and guilds. Stopping people from playing with friends unless they buy another account, is douchebaggery of the highest level.

Let's also not forget that guilds occasionally re-roll to different factions to balance out the AvA guild populations which leads to healthier game. Remember this?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185117/vehemence-rolling-blue/p1

Finally the time people spend levelling up alts, is time playing the game and feeding the game's market. You stop that and you reduce in-game activity. Not to mention that you'd have to sort out what happens with all the accounts that already have chars of different factions.

There's many arguments against locking the accounts to a single faction. I see 0 note-worthy arguments for it, just the old
    iT rUiNs mY iMmErShuNs

What about this for an argument; Cyrodiil has never been more stale and boring. Apart from the random megazerg pvp is now about grouping up inside a tower. I used to log in and enjoy multiple pvp scenarios, now I have two options; chase small groups inside tower or join the zerg. And yes, there are more and more spotters on the friendly faction. Last weeks the duellers have even stopped moving to slightly remote areas to duel, they group up outside the main keeps, ganking players who wanna go on the offense, spotters telling them to *** off when asking why theyre being deliberately exposed. Come summer and the usual stale period due to vacations, Cyrodiil will be a field for duellers and tower runners exclusively, and ye the morning megazerg wont notice a difference anyway. 4.th of July is gonna be the argument youre looking for, but then it will be too late.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locked campaigns will solve this problems, if people quit good riddance. Theres always a new era in PvP.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they fix alliance swingers

• Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iT rUiNs mY iMmErShuNs

What about this for an argument; Cyrodiil has never been more stale and boring. Apart from the random megazerg pvp is now about grouping up inside a tower. I used to log in and enjoy multiple pvp scenarios, now I have two options; chase small groups inside tower or join the zerg. And yes, there are more and more spotters on the friendly faction. Last weeks the duellers have even stopped moving to slightly remote areas to duel, they group up outside the main keeps, ganking players who wanna go on the offense, spotters telling them to *** off when asking why theyre being deliberately exposed. Come summer and the usual stale period due to vacations, Cyrodiil will be a field for duellers and tower runners exclusively, and ye the morning megazerg wont notice a difference anyway. 4.th of July is gonna be the argument youre looking for, but then it will be too late.

It just sounds like you do the same thing over and over. Of course that gets stale.

I just switched to a play style i hadn't done for almost a year, it's been a blast. Gonna do the same on my other characters to change it up too.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iT rUiNs mY iMmErShuNs

What about this for an argument; Cyrodiil has never been more stale and boring.

It's subjective, something that can't be measured, and even if true, could be related to about 1,000 other factors that have nothing to do with faction hopping.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

iT rUiNs mY iMmErShuNs

Except there's three campaigns and 3 factions.
    So, your main can do Vivec for AD, for example...
    Your DC can do Sotha Sil, and your EP can do Shor. (Or what ever faction you want to take to whatever campaign.)But if you have one character who's AD, it should faction lock your AD characters to that campain. You have a AD in Vivec, only your AD alts can join. Your EP and DC characters are free to join other campaigns, but would be locked from Vivec.
    If the goal is just playing with your friends, what's it matter in what campaign you play in? You and your friends can go forth and play.
    We live in a world where a few bad apples spoil the bunch, and if it wasn't such an issue, this wouldn't even be a topic. Unfortunately, there are players who've ruined it for you and your friends. Blame them...they've caused a situation that needs to be fixed. Spying and map flipping is dirty. Something needs to be done about it. If that means you and your friends have to group up in a diffrent campaign, one that might not be your preference, it's a small inconvenience and a small price to pay for a more fair environment.
    Edited by Kel on April 29, 2018 3:53PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    4.th of July is gonna be the argument youre looking for, but then it will be too late.

4th of July isn't going to be anything like stable, balanced gameplay. I'm looking forward to it, I've been in some Alpha testing, but expectations need to be held in check.