The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Making a Stam Healer, LF tips/ideas

Sogreth
Sogreth
✭✭✭
As the title says, I'm making a Stamina based Healer. Now, before I get sh*t on for probably doing something "non-meta" or whatever, I'm not expecting to be the best of the best with this build. It's mostly for fun, but I still want to get the most out of it.

So, I'm still leveling right now, only Lv30. I'm also a Warden. But I have most of my "main" abilities, and their Morphs. But I have it all planned out, so I'm looking for tips or ideas that others may have. Maybe if others have used this type of build, or a skill I should change.

I'm going with Duel Wielding and a Bow as my backbar. My bars will look like this:
DW
1) Soothing Spores
2) Echoing Vigor
3) Green Lotus
4) Bull Netch
5) Flying Blade
U) N/A

Bow
1) Soothing Spores
2) Echoing Vigor
3) Bursting Vines
4) Bull Netch
5) Poison Injection
U) Healing Thicket

So, first off, I wanted to keep my 2 "main" heals on both bars. If you think I should change that, then I may. I just thought that that was the smart thing to do. I also wanted Bull Netch on both bars as I get a 12% Stam/Mag regen buff while I have it slotted. So I thought it would be best to have it on both bars. I choose to have Bursting Vines just to help me maneuver around the battlefield better, and since most of my healing has a range of about 12-15m I need to be able to move around quickly. And I won't be using any Magicka outside of Green Lotus, so the cost doesn't really bother me. It's more for the utility. I also wanted at least 1 DPS skill on each bar. So I took Poison Injection, since it's dirt cheap and does pretty decent damage. And Flying Blade since the Weapon Damage buff SHOULD increase my healing.

For Ultimates, I have Healing Thicket set for my Bow, since it's VERY cheap to use (only 90), but I'm not sure what I should have for a second Ultimate. I was thinking maybe taking Barrier with the Replenishing Barrier Morph. The shield it gives is HUGE, and the range (12m) shouldn't be too much of an issue as I will be dealing with that range for healing anyways.

Anything I should change? Or any ideas for other Ultimates I should use?
Edited by Sogreth on August 7, 2018 2:15PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely go with barrier, since you'll be in the middle of everything to heal anyways. I know magicka healers often double on DPS duty, but I think you might want to try being more tanky. Grab bone shield from the Undaunted line.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Wetshirt
    Wetshirt
    Soul Shriven
    I am a DK/Warden tank and I run PUGs with my buddy who is a stamina warden healer. He runs Dw/bow setup with Sentinel/Hircine/Powerful Assault.

Bars are:
    Echoing vigor
    Spores
    Bull netch
    Sub assault/dive (preferance)
    Deadly cloak
    Warhorn

Lotus flower
    Orb
    Arrow Spray/poison injection
    Ice fortress
    Circle of protection
    Healing thicket

If I am.on my warden he swaps ice claok with bone shield.

I am pretty comfortable with him healing. Sentinel helps with stamina. Vigor tooltip is 19k, so he says, and PA + Hircines are nice buffs.

Non DLC dungeons he swaps for bear and does 15k dps.
    Edited by Wetshirt on April 27, 2018 12:44AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt use so many of the same abilities on both bars. Learn how to bar swap efficiently and you'll be better off; put some other damage abilities and buffs on those slots to be more useful to the group.

Use powerful assault, it's sort of the stamina equivalent of spellpower cure (not as good but it's not bad for 4 man content).

Use bone shield, it may not be a big buff on yourself but the synergy gives your entire group a 100% health damage shield, that's pretty potent if they activate the synergy and dont ignore it.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I wouldnt use so many of the same abilities on both bars. Learn how to bar swap efficiently and you'll be better off; put some other damage abilities and buffs on those slots to be more useful to the group.

Use powerful assault, it's sort of the stamina equivalent of spellpower cure (not as good but it's not bad for 4 man content).

Use bone shield, it may not be a big buff on yourself but the synergy gives your entire group a 100% health damage shield, that's pretty potent if they activate the synergy and dont ignore it.

If you put points into bastion it's 100+
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sets: powerful assault and sunderflame.. or war machine.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Sets: powerful assault and sunderflame.. or war machine.

Sunderflame could be very interesting after the change. Giving minor breech and fracture still war machine goes well with your plan.
  • Sogreth
    Sogreth
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Definitely go with barrier, since you'll be in the middle of everything to heal anyways.
    Barrier does seem like a good choice. It shields for a lot.
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I'm not comfortable with that. I like having same skills on both bars. But obviously I'll have to get out of my comfort zone eventually. I'll ease my way into it.
    Wetshirt wrote: »
    I am a DK/Warden tank and I run PUGs with my buddy who is a stamina warden healer. He runs Dw/bow setup with Sentinel/Hircine/Powerful Assault.

Bars are:
    Echoing vigor
    Spores
    Bull netch
    Sub assault/dive (preferance)
    Deadly cloak
    Warhorn

Lotus flower
    Orb
    Arrow Spray/poison injection
    Ice fortress
    Circle of protection
    Healing thicket
    What are his thoughts on Barrier? I'm only 30 now but, the tooltip says it shields for over 25k. Which is HUGE considering I only have 22k HP with food buff. Obviously these numbers will change by the time I hit Lv50, but if Barrier stays high, would it be worth taking? That's a massive shield.

Also, for DW does he use two Daggers? I would assume "yes" as they give the Weapon Crit. But would the increased damage from using Swords increase healing? I know increasing weapon damage will increase healing. But not sure about the increased damage.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the input! I'll definitely be looking into all of this, and rearranging my bars and looking into these sets.
    Edited by Sogreth on April 28, 2018 12:24AM