The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Xbox One] Haven't played in a while, in need of Nirnhoned stuff. Best way to get it?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
My master Crafter is ALMOST complete. He's researched every trait on every piece EXCEPT for Nirnhoned. To cut to the chase, I aim to fix that, so I need nirnhoned gear. One for each weapon and armor type.

What's the best way of getting it, would you say?

I imagine it's available in Craglorn in some places, but I don't know specifically. I also imagine I could get other crafters to make some for me, but chances of someone doing that for free seem slim at best. As for guild stores...nirnhoned is expensive, right? Plus there's the issue of me struggling to find a specific piece and such.

So...what would you say is the best way to get a full set of Nirnhoned gear for research purposes?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Farm bazillion nodes in craglorn. For all 40 stones you’ll need? Hmm. 5 trillion hours farming, lol.

Purchase items in guild shops made specifically for research. Use filters to find what you specifically need. It’s the fasted route...I haven’t checked prices lately, but they used to be $10k for armor, $20k for weapons.

Purchase stones in guild shop and get guildie r friend to make item from them. Stones on my server are currently $2k armor, $14k weapon.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most you need is 9 nirnibits at a time (assuming triple research perk in all three crafts), then a pretty good delay before you can do it again. So I'd use gold up front to help get that initial 9 pack in research, then farm nirnibits in Craglorn during the long delay till your ready to repeat. If you have 9 trait friends and can provide the nirnibits, most will make what you need for free and may be able to save some gold during the long process. Basically, farm what you can and buy what you can't.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most you need is 9 nirnibits at a time (assuming triple research perk in all three crafts), then a pretty good delay before you can do it again. So I'd use gold up front to help get that initial 9 pack in research, then farm nirnibits in Craglorn during the long delay till your ready to repeat. If you have 9 trait friends and can provide the nirnibits, most will make what you need for free and may be able to save some gold during the long process. Basically, farm what you can and buy what you can't.

Main problem with that is that because I haven't played in a while, all of my friends have moved on and aren't playing anymore, none of my guilds are still active, and I've got basically no gold. I can't buy stuff with no money, and I can't sell what loot I do have because my trading guild no longer has a trader, and I have nobody around who can do things for free.

Craglorn seems like my best bet at this point, though I will definitely try to get into a trading guild asap to make some money.

Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver