The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Critical ERROR (directx) - Your DirectX version is unsupported.

Shaefer
Shaefer
Soul Shriven
Yesteday I played the game with no issue. This is the message I get when I want to play today (Title). I`m just wondering what is going on, since I have not INSTALLED anything on my computer since my last login, nor did the game update or download anything either.
I can`t get the game running no matter what I do.
Help thanks!
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Shaefer wrote: »
    Yesteday I played the game with no issue. This is the message I get when I want to play today (Title). I`m just wondering what is going on, since I have not INSTALLED anything on my computer since my last login, nor did the game update or download anything either.
    I can`t get the game running no matter what I do.
    Help thanks!

I get this now and again (Steam/Win8.1), and a reboot of my laptop usually clears it.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did have the same error message some time ago and its not necessarily related to your directX version.

First things to do:
    - check driver updates for your graphic card (feg: some nvidia got a new one yesterday that doesn't work with eso -> resett to older driver untill problem is solved)
    - check graphic card settings (even a working update may have caused settings to resett)

-> use game consultant (found in the launcher menu -> cog upper right corner -> about-> game consultant) and the requirement checker (found in the eso client tab on your hard disk (c: drive usually, not the files in documents) to check for any hardware problems. Keep reports for further troubleshooting.

Good luck.
    Edited by Elsterchen on April 27, 2018 8:06PM
  • Shaefer
    Shaefer
    Soul Shriven
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    I did have the same error message some time ago and its not necessarily related to your directX version.

First things to do:
    - check driver updates for your graphic card (feg: some nvidia got a new one yesterday that doesn't work with eso -> resett to older driver untill problem is solved)

Thanks a bunch man!
    It was the bloody nvidia driver that caused my problems. I have owned this game since launch, and never had this issue. Weird.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaefer wrote: »
    Elsterchen wrote: »

First things to do:

Thanks a bunch man!
    It was the bloody nvidia driver that caused my problems. I have owned this game since launch, and never had this issue. Weird.

Wow, glad i could help... get used to it tho, these things happen from time to time.