Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furniture market waaay too slow.

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more concerned with the lack of furniture PLANS in the guild stores. I nearly never buy furniture, but I'd totally buy some good purple plans... IF THERE WERE ANY.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    I like making my home my own but i wish there were more variety of furniture where are weapon racks or maniquin or a glass case to make put one of your items on display a side from stone slabs can we get some veriaty in masonary more statue veriaty as well you look at the clockwork city slc and there is a ton of furniture theres even crafting table in this style what about all the races lets gey some more deadric theme things other then the deadric pedistal and the bench and lights
    Edited by Luciferazazell on April 26, 2018 5:17PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    One would think people that always rush to buy those super expansive homes, like the Linchal Grand Manor, will also want to furnish them. But nope, that's not the case. People always complain that the new purple plans are painfully rare. They go for 250-500k or more. So what I did was I bought one that hasn't been seen before by MM or TTC and tried to craft and sell it to see how profitable it is. It's the Dres divider, you know the one you see in every NPC home in Morrowind. One would think it sells like candy.

Turns out I was mistaken, because it takes days to sell just 1 or 2. I am trying on one of the biggest guilds in Rawl'kha at the standard 10k price per piece these purples tend to go for. I will need to sell 60 to break even on the 250k recipe price, which will probably not happen in less than 100+ days.

I really do not get it.

why would i buy from you if i can craft it myself?
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Furnishings are pretty cheap lately.

Not spending 100k for the blueprint when I can buy AT least ten already crafted items.

Lately, I’m seeing purple furnishings down around 5k.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe you do if you can grind 100k a day, but that's not a pleasant gaming experience.

I make 200k+ each day by selling via a guild trader and I don't really have a use for the money. So there might be the explanation why the blueprints, patterns, designs, formulas, and praxes sell even if people just make a couple of items for themselves. It's called hoarding I think ;)
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Homestead appeared I was deraming of collecting all the fruniture plans. Very soon I realized that it is impossible. I keep hunting furniture plans, but I also started to buy crafted furniture, or my houses will be stay unfinished forever. I'm trying to sell my crafted items. And yes, they go slowly...
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Furnishings are pretty cheap lately.

Not spending 100k for the blueprint when I can buy AT least ten already crafted items.

Lately, I’m seeing purple furnishings down around 5k.

Furnishing prices have finally dropped to a price point that people are willing to buy. Before Skooma Bubblers used to be listed at 60K+. At that price if you wanted more then one of them, you'd be better off just buying or farming for the plans yourself. A lot of furnishings were like that a little while ago.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Linchal Grand Manor (bought it furnished, with crowns), and I literally only just started decorating it yesterday (yeah, 9 months later after I bought it, lol [thank Hurricane Irma]).

I got really salty when I found out that you could only place no more than 10 mounts/pets. This was extremely dissatisfying. Especially since I have been a subscriber since launch (4+ years). $14.99 per month (rounded to $15 x 12 months x 4 years = $720). That doesn't even include the money I spent during crown-sales on the 40%-50% off on the 5,500 crown-crate packages.

My vision was to get all of the unique crafting-set stations set up around the Linchal Grand Manor's alleyways (along the sides of the main house) and use the front-yard pool area as a dueling arena, etc. But then I was informed by friends that the set crafting stations cost like 250k+ each, or roughly 750k+ for just 1 set (cloth, wood, and smith stations), and there are like 20-30 craftable sets in the game, lol.

If I'm correct and doing the math right with the current furnishings market, you'd need somewhere around 15 to 25 million gold to get all of the crafting station sets at their current market prices (250k per station, 3 stations per set, and about 20-30 craftable sets, total. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,) but the only players with that much gold on hand are the leaders/officers of the major trading guilds and conglomerates (of the guilds in Rawl'ka, Mournhold, etc.) AKA: "Thanks for your daily/weekly donations!"

But seriously, don't expect to be able to sell any high-end furnishings when the average-players can just teleport to their guild leader's home, where they already have everything set up for anyone/everyone... AKA trade-guilds like WARmart Blade'n'Trade, Bleakrock Barter Co, Dead Nirn Dealers, and even Dreadlords, 1 of my EP PvP guilds.

Anyway, it doesn't look like my guild hall / home will be getting all of the crafting stations anytime soon. I don't poach my members for daily/weekly fees and dues, etc. Unlike others, lol.

So many millions of in-game gold thrown away in the guild-trader gold sink bids, when instead that gold could have been used on real, tangible in-game goods like housing furnishings, etc.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 26, 2018 5:59PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One would think people that always rush to buy those super expansive homes, like the Linchal Grand Manor, will also want to furnish them. But nope, that's not the case. People always complain that the new purple plans are painfully rare. They go for 250-500k or more. So what I did was I bought one that hasn't been seen before by MM or TTC and tried to craft and sell it to see how profitable it is. It's the Dres divider, you know the one you see in every NPC home in Morrowind. One would think it sells like candy.

Turns out I was mistaken, because it takes days to sell just 1 or 2. I am trying on one of the biggest guilds in Rawl'kha at the standard 10k price per piece these purples tend to go for. I will need to sell 60 to break even on the 250k recipe price, which will probably not happen in less than 100+ days.

I really do not get it.

Yep, had a redgaurd bookcase full, wardrobe, and fancy bedside table I used to sell. I don't even bother crafting any to sell anymore as it is not worth the effort. Making furniture is just not a profitable profession. Now I just sell the recipes when I get them and take advantage of the low prices on crafted items if I need something.

I don't know what to tell you, not all professions in the real world are profitable either. I don't really think it is ESO's fault. In fact, most industries that are truly competitive and also almost totally unprofitable. You need a lot of barriers to entry to make something pay well. The medical industry in the U.S. has really shown how to best to do it with: artificially restricted med school admissions, licensing, required insurance, outlawed govt bargaining on drug prices, outlawed international purchasing, permission required to purchase medicine, indirect and unlabeled pricing schemes, patent protection, and even the confiring of honorific titles. That is how you make something profitable.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I quit getting excited about new/buying furniture items a LONG time ago. Why?
    Because of housing slot cap!
    I have no room for new stuff!!!!
    #MoreHousingSlots

@Darkmage1337 , at the moment, pre-Summerset there are 41 crafted sets=123 crafting tables + Alch, Enchant, Outfit, Transmute, = 127 crafting tables total.
    After Summerset: + 3 new craft sets = 9 new craft tables + 41 jewelry tables = 50 tables + 127 = 177 crafting tables total....
    Almost a third of available slots in mansions.
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on April 26, 2018 6:23PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont craft or buy furniture at all....my houses are empty of decorations except for structures I have made from basic materials...what do I care about furniture? I am never in my houses anyway...housing was the most worthless addition to the game ever I honestly think
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as someone can craft some milk carton crates I will buy them instantly. Gonna RP my college days furnishings
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit getting excited about new/buying furniture items a LONG time ago. Why?
    Because of housing slot cap!
    I have no room for new stuff!!!!
    #MoreHousingSlots

@Darkmage1337 , at the moment, pre-Summerset there are 41 crafted sets=123 crafting tables + Alch, Enchant, Outfit, Transmute, = 127 crafting tables total.
    After Summerset: + 3 new craft sets = 9 new craft tables + 41 jewelry tables = 50 tables + 127 = 177 crafting tables total....
    Almost a third of available slots in mansions.

Interesting. Yeah, even more than I originally thought, which further proves my point. Lmao.
    These need to be easier to get and/or lowered in market price, someway/somehow.
    127+ unique/individual crafting stations is just ridiculous... I don't even have ONE. :lol:
    Feel free to send along your duplicates to me! :smiley::wink:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 26, 2018 6:37PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a way of making gold, this isnt viable unless you drop a furnishing plan that is new and make the items, sell at really good price i was getting 20k per Amalexia tabelt and it wasn't even listed on TTC yet :)

Failing that, it seems it is defenitely best to sell any you get that are newish, wait until these random anniversary box event or such and then get them at half the effort.

I know around 88% of furnishings as i am a completionist. I make nothing for myself as the measly cap of 700 for an instanced area is nowhere near enough to pleasure me to furnish, should of been 1,500 to promote true customisation and actually placing the ever growing number of trophies and pets unlocked/made available.

Make a lot of stuff for guildies that send me mails and mats i whip the items up fast but cap puts me off personally.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by people who would rather pay 100K for a purple furnishing recipe rather than like 8K or so to just buy the furniture itself. I don't know why you'd want multiples of the same thing for your home (unless it's a shelf or a chair or something) and I would never make enough of the same item to justify the cost. I like to have variety, none of my homes have the same things in them. I guess that's just me.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    With furnishing prices dropping it’s making master writs and vouchers fairly pointless, by time you have bought the odd motif and the mats crafted the writs, saved the vouchers you may as well have bought a premade item.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    I'm confused by people who would rather pay 100K for a purple furnishing recipe rather than like 8K or so to just buy the furniture itself. I don't know why you'd want multiples of the same thing for your home (unless it's a shelf or a chair or something) and I would never make enough of the same item to justify the cost. I like to have variety, none of my homes have the same things in them. I guess that's just me.

1) Because you have multiple homes, and want one in each. If they're all owned by a single character, even more so.
    2) As you mention, shelves, chairs, lamps and a lot of others in a single home. If I have a house large enough for multiple beds, then I'd more likely use matching ones, rather than a different style for each.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buy only furniture styles that would make sense with my toon rp backstory.
    Edited by JWKe on April 26, 2018 8:36PM
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is generally broken in ESO where you can be a master at everything. There's a good reason that traditional MMOs limit crafting skills to a few per character.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the current moment in time, the only plans I'm missing (that are definitely known to be ingame) are two ayleid purples, four dwarven purples, the blackmarrow plan, and the hlaalu orderly bookcase.

I'm actually not sure on one of the dwarvens, nor am I sure on the blackmarrow plan, since no one on PC NA seems to have found one yet.

With that said, part of the problem as a furniture crafter is that a) I don't want to waste craft mats and listing space on furniture that doesn't end up selling, b) as stated earlier in the thread, people who buy furniture don't take into account (or don't WANT to take into account) the craft cost of some of the pieces, BUT c) if I just go around in zone saying I can make whatever and to PM me if interested, no one takes me up on the offer.

I mean, I enjoy that I can make all this stuff, and make stuff for free for guildies if they supply the mats, which was my original reason for trying to learn all the plans. But in terms of there being a lucrative furniture market? That seems to rely solely on flipping stuff from the lux vendors weeks later.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    This so much. tamriel trade center is very nice here.
    We should have an furniture sale channel under housing or rather 6, one for each server. This would include services as in crating on demand and design tips.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's say a house has 300 furnishing slots. If you have all of the green and some blue blueprints plus a stock of luxury furnitures, you are already at the cap. And that is the problem. The cap. If we had lots of space empty, we would say "I need to find something cool to put here" and we would check the furniture market. Right now the best we can do is move around furniture and curse everytime we hit the limit.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Another issue is when people price there furniture they way over price the item. IMO furniture should cost the same as the mats used to make it

Zero profit is not a viable model.

That said, on PC NA I used to have numerous items that I could craft and sell quickly for a couple thousand gold of markup each. That dried up, to the point that I stopped trying a couple months ago and make other use of my guild store slots instead.

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno about some people but I do know on xbox na there are clicks of people that just plain outright will make something for someone if they provide the mats for it, I do it and I know of a handful of others that do it as well. Just note that they do it of their own free will, won't do it if someone tries to be extremely pushy/harassing.
    I still remember the time someone asked me to make 100 daedric fences >_>
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's say a house has 300 furnishing slots. If you have all of the green and some blue blueprints plus a stock of luxury furnitures, you are already at the cap. And that is the problem. The cap. If we had lots of space empty, we would say "I need to find something cool to put here" and we would check the furniture market. Right now the best we can do is move around furniture and curse everytime we hit the limit.

Yes. Housing caps are a major limit on the demand for furnishings.

They also, of course, greatly reduce the value of the houses themselves.

I doubt that each point is compensated for by people getting more houses so that they can have more total furniture. But maybe ZoS feels otherwise, in which case that might be their reason for crippling housing the way they do.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

I really do not get it.

because people aren't idiots. Why pay 1/3 of the cost of the pattern, when the pattern, while more expensive, allows you to crank out as many as possible? You also might consider that your guild's trader isn't very good at his job, or that your prices aren't competitive enough.

Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on April 27, 2018 4:05AM
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭

I really do not get it.

Everyone wants to make their own furniture and the ingredients are super easy to get. Resources and patterns are basically given to everyone drops are far to common so it dilutes the market. Just farm raw mats and sell those, saves a lot of headache.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As others have said, you are probably just better off farming housing materials to sell instead of selling crafted furniture. I think the only way you'd get furniture to sell would be to price it at a bargain, in which case, you'd still be better off selling the materials instead of taking the loss.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to do housing, you need eso+, and willing to spend tons of crown.. most of the decoration are crown purchase only... so... don't expect too much people go crazy for these random piece.. if you cannot get a full set it is next to worthless to most people.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the furniture market is so slow: Because no one really cares about furnishings. In my house I am far more interested in seeing what crazy structures I can build than actually decorating it, I am never there aside from building architecture anyway, and thats only when I am exceptionally bored anyway