Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My copy of the game has disappeared (Steam)

maxsand1112b14_ESO
maxsand1112b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I’ve been playing the past few days no problem. Logged on today (steam library) to see that instead of “Play” the only option was to “Install” the game. I could not browse local files either, all of the dlc was missing as well. So I went to where Steam games generally are (the “common” folder) and ESO was missing. The recycle bin didn’t have it, so it wasn’t deleted. I went through the control panel and checked “uninstall a program” and found that the game is still on my computer somewhere, I just don’t know where. So how can I get the game back into my steam library without having to download it for the next day or so?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that happen. I redownloaded it and there were no issues with it since.
  • maxsand1112b14_ESO
    maxsand1112b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Update: went looking around in “common again” found ESO there in everything thing included I think. Referring to “Zenimax Online” folder size:77.6 GB. So steam just isn’t recognizing it?
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the game files are still there, Steam will only download what’s missing etc. My son has this problem often, and while it always looks like it will download the whole game when you click install, it’s rarely been more than a few GB at most and then he can play again no problem.

Not sure why this happens, but I’m guessing it’s corrupted, missing, or outdated files. Whatever the cause, it’s definitely annoying.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • maxsand1112b14_ESO
    maxsand1112b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for replies! I’ll just re-download and hope for the best.