Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Speed Cap and Snares

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
My understanding is that speed is capped at an additional 100% on top of the normal speed (200% total speed), and that you can actually go over the cap (but you won't see a speed increase past the cap). My question is, if you are over the cap, does the excess apply when you are snared? Example:

Say I have the following speed buffs:
- Sprint = +40%
- Major Expedition = +30%
- Minor Expedition = + 15%
- Orc Passive = +10%
- Medium Armor Passives = +18%
= +113% more speed (213% total speed)

Now say I have a 40% snare applied to me. Do I run at +60% speed (160% total) or does the excess speed apply and I run at +73% speed (173% total)?

Hope this makes sense, super tired this morning.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +160% speed. The cap should be removed especially with the new jewelry trait but whatever.
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cap only can be removed outside of pvp. or to make it even more specific: speed cap only applies scroll runners in pvp and only applies on the battleground types domination, chaosball, capture the relict and crazy king.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good question, the best way to answer would be :

Duel between to players :
    - First one with a speedcap build
    - Second one with a build that is way over the cap.

Control race : confirm they both sprint at the same speed (cap)

Test race : have them apply the same slow to each other (like rending slash) and see if second player sprints faster.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please just add a speed DE-Buff when you carry a flagg or scroll and then the rest of the time allow people to go as fast as they want to in both sneak and running.
    please do this.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please just add a speed DE-Buff when you carry a flagg or scroll and then the rest of the time allow people to go as fast as they want to in both sneak and running.
    please do this.

In every battleground type but deathmatch a speed cap needs to be present.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought sprint was only +30%

Where are your numbers coming from? I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I’d like to check.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Where are your numbers coming from? I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I’d like to check.

That number was from another forum post and could be wrong, I don't have the link either as I was just wasting time last night and ran across it. I'm just concerned about how the speed cap interacts with snares. I was wondering if I built enough speed into my build if I could forgo a "snare removal". From the responses it seems like any excess over the cap does not apply when you are snared. This is counter-intuitive to me as a cap would imply that I can not go faster than a given speed. Like if I have resistances at say 60% (10% over cap), and someone has 20% penetration I resist 40% damage, not 30%.

Edited by akray21 on April 26, 2018 6:28PM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Here is a link to more information. https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6c2q7p/movement_speed/