Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to craft the light armor jerkins instead of robes?

Nadijeh
Nadijeh
✭✭✭
For clothier, I find jerkins in the world, or from quests but I can't see a way to craft them for light armor. Am i restricted to only crafting robes, or is there a way to learn the jerkin version of the armor that you can buy/find
  • mistral93
    mistral93
    Scroll to the right on the armor piece selection.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's medium armour though :neutral_face: I'm talking about the jerkin version of light armor you can buy from armor vendors or get from quests/drops.
  • Srikandi
    Srikandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nadijeh wrote: »
    For clothier, I find jerkins in the world, or from quests but I can't see a way to craft them for light armor. Am i restricted to only crafting robes, or is there a way to learn the jerkin version of the armor that you can buy/find

I don't believe there is a way to craft those. You're not the first person to raise this though; I'd suggest using /feedback in game to request it. It ought to be a simple thing to add.
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Send them a /feedback requesting it. If enough people ask they shouldn't have a problem adding it to the game. I'm not a fan of robes/dresses myself. It looks weird on male characters.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Darn! :( yeah I wanna have the jerkins instead >.< thanks guys.
  • nzblustone
    nzblustone
    ✭✭
    Have you looked at the different racial styles? pretty sure at least one of them is sleeveless like a jerkin.
    Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBD]
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to wear a dress. Skirt bottom armor ala kilt yes, dress no... just something fundamentally wrong seeing a large fat man running around in a mu mu.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! Rusty blades, I agree.

@nzbulstone yeah I have, but they are the harder to get ones like daedric & such. I have only found 1 racial book for crafting so far. It would just be nice for there to be a jerkin style version for the racial ones like the ones sold by the armor vendors, or dropped by mobs, etc. The art is in the game for the cultural/racial armors, but we can only buy them & the vendors are overpriced for what you get.
  • JD_Douglas
    I would soo very much appreciate the ability to select either Robe or Jerkin for Light Armor Crafting. Light Armor is what my guy wears, but I don't care for how it looks at all, at least the Chest and Hat Pieces. Since its light armor could we get a selection for Circlet Hat and Jerkin Chest Please?
    "No One May Make You Feel Inferior Unless You Allow Them To Make You Feel Inferior." ~ E. Roosevelt

"Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity." ~A. Einstein

• rodneymoran.gmb16_ESO
    rodneymoran.gmb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes please this would be a great addition. So far I end up wearing way lower level chest pieces on my Sorc because I don't want to wear a dress and I find jerkin drops aren't very common for me.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see more shirts or vests or whatever you'd call them. It would make the art for the light pants a bit more useful. A popular option in the meantime is to just throw on a piece of Heavy or two to off-set the armor differences since you don't necessarily need all 7 slots as one type.
  • mollyirma2000b16_ESO
    I don't think you can craft light armor jerkins until later in the game but they are definitely available in quest rewards and loot drops.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want to wear a dress. Skirt bottom armor ala kilt yes, dress no... just something fundamentally wrong seeing a large fat man running around in a mu mu.

It's not a dress, it's a robe :P
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    Well I wan't a bathrobe to wear around while I smite evil and such.
    "Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    Jerkins are, by history, leather tops. You can always enchant the Jerkin to give you the benefits you want so they match your light armor. But I seriously doubt they will break lore or common knowledge to satisfy a couple people. You do have a valid point though, please don't take it wrong. Just don't see it being changed as it's just the way it are...
  • Kildar
    Kildar
    i think it might be a racial thing. im going to look into it my self now that i see that there is a problem with that. but i think it is racial.
  • korwinthale
    korwinthale
    ✭✭✭
    Jerkins are, by history, leather tops. You can always enchant the Jerkin to give you the benefits you want so they match your light armor. But I seriously doubt they will break lore or common knowledge to satisfy a couple people. You do have a valid point though, please don't take it wrong. Just don't see it being changed as it's just the way it are...
    ok So lets call it a shirt :)

"Still, we have to keep trying and hoping. That's what's important--the trying and the hoping. Maybe that's most important of all."
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭

Well, they already did break lore then because you can buy them from vendors, or get them from drops so they exist and already in-game & therefor should be a craftable option imo. I don't care if they call them jerkins or not for the trade skill, even though that's what they're called from the vendors/drops/rewards right now.

But yeah, it's cloth armor and should have a much broader variety & set of options than there currently are.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, more variations in style, skirts and kilts too would be nice also for medium armor.
    I don't think a short robe would work well as it hides the leg armor anyway.
    But an shirt and various bottoms would solve this.

I got an item named "kilt of fractured minds" but it was usual pants.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AbaddonLive
    There are no jerkins among the 10 most common racial styles. I got every single motif, except for the last 4 (?) but everyone of them has dresses instead of jerkins. However, I fancy myself a medium chestpiece and some medium boots to make that up for it. 5 pieces of light and 2 pieces of medium, just for the looks of it. (And ofc. the benefits with having some medium)
    Edited by AbaddonLive on April 2, 2014 11:29AM
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Cloth armor jerkins are, in no way, lore-breaking.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • LivingParadox
    But yeah, it's cloth armor and should have a much broader variety & set of options than there currently are.

This is a nice idea, but doing that might require quite a bit revamping of the crafting system as is. The only plausible way I can see them doing something like this is by adding another "motif".

If implemented the questions become: What do you call it? Is it only for cloth, or do you make it available for all crafting options?

Until this happens the thing to consider is how much is one or two pieces of medium or heavy armor going to negatively affect your build? And is it worth sacrificing that to make your character look the way you want them to.

Personally I enjoy the robed mage look, but to each their own... although hats would be cool :smiley:

• JD_Douglas
    Really it feels like my guy is Bruce Cambell playing in some B Class Movie. Running about in a Bathrobe smiting foe's with my glowy stick of Sunburn, all to of course "Save the World", since I'm obviously "The Choosen One", nevermind the thousands of others running about being told the same by the quest NPC's.
    "No One May Make You Feel Inferior Unless You Allow Them To Make You Feel Inferior." ~ E. Roosevelt

"Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity." ~A. Einstein

• TheRedMage
    TheRedMage
    ✭✭✭
    Ethoir wrote: »
    Indeed. Send them a /feedback requesting it. If enough people ask they shouldn't have a problem adding it to the game. I'm not a fan of robes/dresses myself. It looks weird on male characters.

T_T i want this so bad, i was sending feedbacks after every beta and iirc had posted to the forums about it.

Only reason i even considered doing a 5/2 split was because i didn't want to be limited to robes. Jerkins are in game as seperate items, and should be craftable!

This is a nice idea, but doing that might require quite a bit revamping of the crafting system as is. The only plausible way I can see them doing something like this is by adding another "motif".

If implemented the questions become: What do you call it? Is it only for cloth, or do you make it available for all crafting options?

Until this happens the thing to consider is how much is one or two pieces of medium or heavy armor going to negatively affect your build? And is it worth sacrificing that to make your character look the way you want them to.

Personally I enjoy the robed mage look, but to each their own... although hats would be cool :smiley:
    No revamp needed, I'm certain race already has its own style of jerkin, as I found one and was able to convert to imperial (and no, it didn't turn into a robe).

I mean yeah they can add leather/heavy robes (heres looking at you Paladin/monk Tier sets from WoW) if they want to keep it even Steven, but i doubt there's as big of a group who wants to be put in a dress vs those who don't want to be forced into them.
    Edited by TheRedMage on April 2, 2014 5:03PM
    Please try not to think I'm hostile, I'm not trying to be. I just have a hard time wording things with tact >_<.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the robes, but my Dunmer look simply adorable wearing jerkins instead. I am investing a lot in crafting, everything I am doing in the game is with crafting in mind, and I want to be able to craft a larger variety of equipment. So, yes, I want to be able to craft light armor jerkins!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see jerkin style light armor myself, however, I am using a leather chest piece since I prefer the look and even with it on, I am soft capped on max magicka and magicka regen.

Edit: Bosmer Light style looks interesting http://eso-fashion.com/bosmer-homespun/
    Edited by Vendrath on April 2, 2014 5:39PM
  • Vampiresbane
    Vampiresbane
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    yes, more variations in style, skirts and kilts too would be nice also for medium armor.
    I don't think a short robe would work well as it hides the leg armor anyway.
    But an shirt and various bottoms would solve this.

I got an item named "kilt of fractured minds" but it was usual pants.

I'd love to see kilts in the game. Sign me up.
  • 99LukeKBub17_ESO
    I think its absolutely ridiculous that i can buy and loot Jerkins (but so far only up to level 5) but i cant craft them. It seems so ridiculous in-fact that i can't help but wonder if it was something they meant to put into the game, but simply forgot. I really want to see high level jerkins on my nice giant fat argonian templar
  • BKTHNDR
    BKTHNDR
    ✭✭✭

But light jerkin are already in-game. No one is asking for brand new, non-existent armor. We just want the ability to craft what's already available through NPC vendors and quest rewards.
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    The art is already there so far up to level 20 so...yeah