The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question for magicka dks

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone try burning spellweave/brass/valkyns in light armor yet? Curious how good it works.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What content/role are you wearing that for? I could see it working okay in PVP if you think you need the extra resistances from Brass fortress, but I don't know that it would work well in a PVE setting.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What content/role are you wearing that for? I could see it working okay in PVP if you think you need the extra resistances from Brass fortress, but I don't know that it would work well in a PVE setting.

PvP subforum^

To OP, brass is a decent substitution for heavy, but IIRC riposte is comparable with better 2/3/4 pieces no? And BSW is only worth it if going destro resto. Otherwise innate might be better. Buffs everything I use on my bar except entropy with a 100% uptime, and valkyn doesn't scale anyway.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

PvP subforum^

Ah, doh!
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like the problem with that setup would be sustain (even if you get destro staff for elem drain) - or alternatively damage (if you swap out spell dmg enchants/mundus etc to fix the sustain issue).
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy how things work for one class but not another. For example this build you ask about.

It works beautifully on my magicka templar (although I ended up trading the bsw for transmutation for a more tanky build).

For DK I tried it and people just eat through the brass. Sustain is fine, damage is pretty good. Maybe it's just bad skill on my end (I have little with DK) but I have some seem some amazing mitigation from light armor DKs that didn't need brass.

I would say brass is unnecessary if you are skilled with DK, but if you are not don't get your hopes up. Good luck.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    Brass, what set is that? as for bsw with Skoria that's what I run now & love it, I use mostly dots as well as aoe dmg skills so I think it works out to every one of my bars able to proc both with all but 2 skill slots, maybe 3 total but definitely no more than than. I use heavy head, med shoulder, [I think, that maybe other way around] n the rest bsw on my body, as for staffs I have been using random flames or embershild/willpower infernos, for jewelry I use either 3pcs lich for recovery, 3 pc silks for health an mag or willpower to run 3 complete sets but I'm unsure which is actually better, anyone know? also theres a flame staff I got from doing fighters guild quest in the earthforge, I think its called prismatic flame staff.

I'm wondering if anyone has used that before and if so how well did it work? also do we get to keep it after finishing the quest is was made for?

* last question is if anyone has tried the knight slayer set in pvp on mag dk, if so how does it hold up to the sets we are talking about in post?
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brass is a bit worse than wizards riposte, since riposte has better stats. For pure defensive actually pariah would be the best set anyway. It outshines every other defensive set at around 60-70% and is strong above that value.
    Sustainwise this will be hard tough.
    Concerning knightslayer, this only works well combined with the skill molten weapons and together with elecance for maximal damage. Its good burst if you combine a heavy attack with stonefist (the morph with increased damage, if it stuns).
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the builds I use is Riposte, Burning Spellweave, and Grothdarr, Sword and Board with Destro or Resto back bar. This one seems to work pretty well open world and in BGs, though I switch up skills a bit in the different scenarios (ele drain in BGs versus mist form open world for instance). 5-2 Light/Heavy. If I go destro I have to use dragon blood while resto allows me healing ward. I also like the staff infused with magic damage/magicka return glyph for extra sustain.

Also this is a bit unpopular but I really like using empowering chains as a gap closer. Repeated usage keeps major expedition active plus it deals fire damage and can proc spellweave. I replaced engulfing flames on my bar with it so you may choose otherwise.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube