The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mechanics be hard...

Kalgert
Kalgert
✭✭✭✭✭
Well, not really, but when it comes down to it, it annoys me quite greatly.

So the problem I am facing is what feels like a fairly common case of "People aren't doing the boss mechanics properly, wipe, and then are confused and outraged by said wipe", this is when I am doing something like Cradle of Shadows as a tank, or any otger kind of dungeon that has a certain mechanic that requires a change of focus or for you to interrupt something.

I have stopped wanting to play a tank just because of Cradle of Shadows' second-to-last boss. With DPS whailing on the spectres instead of interrupting them, leaving me to essentially die (Not to mention one occurence had me kicked by two trolling party members who were acting like Dumb and Dumber)

Am I the only one who thinks that there need to be more signals for the especially blind people to react to? Perhaps a loud blaring noise saying "Interrupt!" Or "Focus on Target!", or am I crazy thinking this?
  • Sjizzle
    Sjizzle
    ✭✭✭
    why u pug DLC dungeons ?
    go with friends there or with guild m8's ....
    also at second-to-last boss if u are a tank u will need to chain the 4 adds to the boss to avoid unnecessary dps death or dmg ...( i am tank )
    most of the pugs have no idea how some mechanics work they want to finish a dungeon without to put a minim effort !
    Edited by Sjizzle on April 24, 2018 5:14AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sjizzle wrote: »
    why u pug DLC dungeons ?

This. Why teach new pugs (or bother trying) when you can just run it with friends instead?

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If referring to Dranos, simply chain the adds in and he'll absorb them. Then when you are pinned someone has to bash him. Otherwise it's a very easy fight. But if you're struggling with that fight velidreth and particularly hardmode will be a major issue.
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, the simple thing would be to get friends together, or join a guild... Problem with that is though, is that I don't really have any firends who play regularly (I have only 11 people in my friends list, and there are two on that list I am in touch with), and I don't really wish to join any guilds, mainly because I need to be multilingual to join them, or they are guilds that only want to do Trial runs.

In fact, one guild I wanted to join kicked me out because I was pretty open with my desire to do dungeon content. Which pretty much tells me that I have to pug to do dungeons. And of course, pugs are very, very unreliable.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a circle of friends that enjoys the same sort of content you do can be one of the most difficult things to do in this game (or in life too). It can definitely be worth it. It's not always as easy as joining a guild and saying "who want's to run X?" Taking the time to get to know people and work your way through the ranks of a guild can really help. Some will say it's not worth the trouble and it's probably not for everyone, but I've found it very rewarding.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go with friends xD
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.