The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUEST]Chat Filter to suspend certain player messages

DangerousTed
DangerousTed
Soul Shriven
Seems that the gold farmers made their way into Tamriel today -- is there any way an addon could be made that would allow for chat to automatically filter the keywords gold farmers seem to use and just not display that message? Trying to ignore them all has proven quite annoying.

Have been reporting but, looking for alternative in the meantime. Thanks!
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen any spam yet, but something like that should be possible, as long as the ignore list is accessible through add-ons.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If you're using a mod/add on to ignore them, that's not getting rid of them, it's only putting them into a little bubble where -you- can't see them.
    I further state that if you don't report them you give up any right to complain about them.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    How's about a script to simplify that, then? :) Say, autodetect them, grab their name and @accountname, auto-ignore them, and then leave a clickable button onscreenwhich would auto-fill the report on them with all necessary details (name, account name, copy of what they wrote, time).
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working with another player on this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/506785

Unfortunately, auto-filling the report isn't possible, since the report form is an embedded webpage rather than some UI stuff, but it might be possible to use the same functionality as the context menu for players... we'll see. You should suggest this in the other thread. :)