The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New char for PVP, DK or Nightblade?, and anyone can get me good guide?

Power
Power
New char for PVP, DK or Nightblade?, and anyone can get me good guide?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcasthq.com keeps great guides, with PvP specific builds for all classes.

Nightblade and DKs are polar opposites...it really depends on your playstyle preference.

Blades, magic and stam, are designed to sneak around in stealth and then hit unsuspecting enemies fast and hard. They are hard to master, and require a lot of strategizing. I find both magblades and stamblades super fun in PvP.

DKs are tanky knights. They’re more prone to group play because their dps isn’t typically high enough to take down targets solo...some players can. Stam DKs are about getting up close and personal, then rooting your targets while you smack them around.

I am totally biased, so I can’t offer a very fair opinion of which is best. I just like sneaking around too much, and pulling off insane maneuvers...like cloaking across a patio with twenty enemies to hide inside their keep, and annoying NB tactics like that, lol.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks dont have to be tanky though, there are quite some squishy firemage builds around, which cut your health in half with one whip. It totally depends on the build. Both classes can be played as melee fighters, stamina and magicka. But nightblades also have the possibility to fight ranged either as snipers or as shadowy magicians. But atm magicka nightbladed based on magicka mostly play ranged, since they have strong kite abilities and cloak. Stamina nightblades rather go for burst and fast kills in melee or with bows. Meanwhile magicka and stamina dks always are melee fighters, either going for tanky builds or insane pressire with fire and poison dots.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade. DKs took a nerf in the last patch and Nightblades are shining again.....not as much as Wardens anyways. Wardens are the new thing in PVP and everyone and their dogs are making one. But Nightblades are still a favorite among PVPers. BUT, Dks are still great with their DOTS and they eat through my shields like none other but NB are still favored.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on April 3, 2018 1:39PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • jnelson1182
      jnelson1182
      ✭✭
      my dk is awesome, granted because I run a fire mage build his health isn't that great but he hits like a truck, I get 12k+ hits off my lash and that's even morphed wrong w/o all divines. I recently made a NB but only leveled him to 9 so I can't say how much fun he is yet plus being new to game still figured its better to stay with classes that have a much similar rotation than the NB so until I learn the game a lil more I'm going to stay on my sorc & dk, the dk is really my main but when/if I ever run into anything I can't do with my dk my sorc can finish it. with sorc I flew thru maelstrom but on my dk I can't even get thru it on normal but I think it has to do with my skills slotted rather than anything else.
      * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
      **MBF**