Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, Gryphon mount please?

• Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a cool addition, perhaps its wings could work when you jump?

I'm on board for mount specific advantages such as increased speed for Guars, increased carry capacity for Camels or increased stamina for Bears.

Mounts are a bit too boring at present. Throwing a spanner in the works would be a welcome sight tbh
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Ark ;)
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did this it would kinda blatantly favor High elves Ad over everyone else

They would have to give ingame other races mounts just as impressive.

Otherwise it'd be bs favortism
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on April 7, 2018 11:37PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bhWeIef_o
    Now that I just saw the size of the Gryphons... I doubt they will be made into mounts. Unless they can explain miniature flightless ones for us.
    But pets are already okayed, so that is something at least! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Now that I just saw the size of the Gryphons... I doubt they will be made into mounts. Unless they can explain miniature flightless ones for us.
    I'd be happy with a miniature flightless one. They can just say it's a different species from the giant gryphons. I want it to have wings, but they can say that this species isn't big or powerful enough to fly with a rider on its back.

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 18, 2018 5:11AM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    RGvolterra wrote: »
    Having a Flying Gryphon would be one of my deepest dream coming true since I love role playing ... since we’ve got the most beautiful game ever created in terms of diversity and environment, I’d suggest that the gryphon would hover the ground instead of flying lest missing of the richness used to create those amazing and unique regions covered by our grand tamriel map.

she-canne-take-it-captain.gif

seriously, the game engine can't handle riding a mount at full speed within STORMREST.... now multiply that with flying.

They could just limit flying speed.

If they would do something ridiculous like allow flying in the first place, then limit the speed, do you realize how much ranting about how slow the mount is would happen?

I really hope they never cave and do flying mounts. The game wasn't built for it, and so much would be ruined if they did.

We get it. You've stated SEVERAL times how you feel. Hopefully ZOS cares more about money than a minority group hellbent on dictating terms for every one else.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Having a Flying Gryphon would be one of my deepest dream coming true since I love role playing ... since we’ve got the most beautiful game ever created in terms of diversity and environment, I’d suggest that the gryphon would hover the ground instead of flying lest missing of the richness used to create those amazing and unique regions covered by our grand tamriel map.

seriously, the game engine can't handle riding a mount at full speed within STORMREST.... now multiply that with flying.

If they would do something ridiculous like allow flying in the first place, then limit the speed, do you realize how much ranting about how slow the mount is would happen?

I really hope they never cave and do flying mounts. The game wasn't built for it, and so much would be ruined if they did.

We get it. You've stated SEVERAL times how you feel. Hopefully ZOS cares more about money than a minority group hellbent on dictating terms for every one else.

I have no idea about whether the people who do appreciate and want to see the lore maintained are a "minority". If "everyone else" really doesn't care about the lore of the game world, there are other games out there that have all kinds of flying mounts. The Elder Scrolls lore offers a difference; if it doesn't matter, then any game with the flying mounts so many people want would do just as well.

ZOS has fulfilled your other wish; if you want the Maomer motif, you have to buy the rng/gamble boxes. And it doesn't come in a "book", it comes in pages. It will be interesting to see the logs of how many crates are purchased in the hopes of getting all the pieces.

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    They can never do dragon mounts anyway, they are not around in this time period. But I am all for Gryphon mounts and the idea that when you hit space bar and they either flap their wings majestically or glide briefly is great :open_mouth::)
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on May 3, 2018 3:22AM
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different colored Gryphon's would be a Big seller for them and if they glided a small amount when jumping ...it would make them so cool.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

I have no idea about whether the people who do appreciate and want to see the lore maintained are a "minority". If "everyone else" really doesn't care about the lore of the game world, there are other games out there that have all kinds of flying mounts. The Elder Scrolls lore offers a difference; if it doesn't matter, then any game with the flying mounts so many people want would do just as well.

ZOS has fulfilled your other wish; if you want the Maomer motif, you have to buy the rng/gamble boxes. And it doesn't come in a "book", it comes in pages. It will be interesting to see the logs of how many crates are purchased in the hopes of getting all the pieces.

You can actually collect all the Maomer motif pages without buying crates now. ZOS made it so due to player feedback. I believe it's through fishing, which is surprisingly appropriate.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    No flying mounts please, thanks.