Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

group finder improvement

visionality
visionality
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi all,
I love doing random dungeons with random people, but lately, I almost always end up with total idiots sitting in a dlc dungeon far beyond their capabilities, regrouping for hours (literally!) in the hopes of finding some PVE god who is willing to carry them through. This is utterly annoying and often wasting a lot of good gaming time because approx. 80% of all people stuck in a dungeon are really NOT carryable at all - so you waste time trying (if you try) and then waste time by quitting and getting a 15-min-cooldown.

So a very simple idea to solve the problem (partially):
- Once the first dungeon boss is killed, a group cannot start a search for new members more than three times.

Getting three free shots at new group members is still a pretty fair number and will cover all ragequits, disconnects or people leaving for other reasons. It will not prevent people from inviting friends or guildmates to help them along, it will just stop "campers" from regrouping over and over again and stealing other people's gaming time.

Any ideas and comments are welcome.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually a pretty awesome idea because this would also put a limit to the "chain kickers", the kind of people that sit in a DLC dungeon and kick every incoming DD unless he's full CP. 3 kicks = no more replacements from group finder.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The work around I use is not to buy the dungeon dlc. Then when the dlc dungeons really start to annoy me, I can just drop eso+ and bingo, no more dlc dungeons.

I suppose the easiest way for them to fix this would be to add the option at joining the queue of not being forced into an already started dungeon. If they added a little bonus for joint a dungeon already in progress people would still do it, and those that didn’t want to could stay out of dungeons that had a boss killed already.
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things i'd like to see fixed, and i'm not worried how:

1) when you join a group and realise you won't complete the dungeon as the first boss is dead
    2) when you join a group and are kicked immediately - imagine how i'd feel if I was a new player?
    3) fake tanks

These are only really an issue when you are waiting up to 45 mins to join, and are then presented with a 15 min cool down after being kicked. A kicked person should not have that cool down as it's out of their control. I've been kicked because I did not speak Italian before... and people wonder why dolmens are so popular for levelling... :(
    Edited by aeowulf on April 16, 2018 11:30AM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    Things i'd like to see fixed, and i'm not worried how:

1) when you join a group and realise you won't complete the dungeon as the first boss is dead
    2) when you join a group and are kicked immediately - imagine how i'd feel if I was a new player?
    3) fake tanks

These are only really an issue when you are waiting up to 45 mins to join, and are then presented with a 15 min cool down after being kicked. A kicked person should not have that cool down as it's out of their control. I've been kicked because I did not speak Italian before... and people wonder why dolmens are so popular for levelling... :(

Fake tanks are fine as long as they can actually complete the content. The fake tanks that are horrible players or too low for the dungeon are the ones that bug me. I cant fault a DPS player for queing as a tank for a random norm, when otherwise they may have to wait hours or never get a group. Just be reasonable enough to leave the group if it's a dungeon where you actually need a quest.

Also some of the "dungeons" aren't actually "dungeons".
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    I must have done a good 3 dozen dungeons this weekend to get two more characters to 50. most were good, but like 5 or so were failures. Usually its some idiot running ahead and agro-ing everything so its impossible to keep up.

I actually got kicked twice for complaining about that. I usually feel good about the attempt if I see I high-ish CP person in there..but a couple were just terrible like the example above.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny, I have a completion rate of DLC dungeons running Pugs of 80%...so obviously your numbers are off