Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Researching traits a pain in the ass??

AreoHotah
AreoHotah
✭✭✭✭
there are 34 researchable items each with 8 traits. it takes 6 hours for the 1st trait in a specific item to complete. and 10 hours for the 2nd trait and so on. this means it will take THOUSANDS of hours to become a master crafter.

isn't it a bit exagerated?? hm.
Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Notice a little down in the skill tree. You will end up being able to research more than one trait at a time... provided, of course, you stick with crafting.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    And when will i be able to research more than one at the same time??

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 8 in the profession, I think. Like I said, check the skill tree.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on March 31, 2014 10:21PM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides there needs to be something you need to work for in the long term.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    To master a single craft it could take a few years... but if you put skill points into it you can have them all in a few months. Yes to do it all takes a lot of work and is a challenge. Considering you can make end game legendary items in crafting it needs to be something not everyone is able or willing to do.

I personally love the set up and level of depth required to master one or even all of the skills. In some games you can go from no skill to max with just gold and the AH in a single day. That is not the case in ESO and I hope it never changes.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Rach71
    Rach71
    I like the crafting solution put forth in ESO so far; Since they have stated that some of the best gear in the game comes from crafting in makes logical sense that it be time consuming and take a little planning.

Given the time increase per trait per item, I have been prioritizing which traits I want to learn first on which weapon/gear.

Like @Allonan said I hope they do not change it to make it one day max out thing.
  • paladin_66_ESO
    I desperately hope they do not make anything easier or faster with crafting. Why does everyone always waah waah over not being able to max everything out in the first week? That's the whole damn point.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learning all traits for an item takes 64 days. With 3 research slots you should be able to learn all items in about 1 year. Woodworking will be faster because there are fewer items. Keep in mind that research time starts with 6 hours for each item. This is theoretical as you don't have 3 slots right from the start and you need also a lot of items with the needed trait at a certain time.... Dedicated crafting is not for pussys(khajit excluded)
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forgot the speed bonus... With that you could make it in 9 months...
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on April 1, 2014 2:21PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    i better get to work then :P planning on becoming the ''Grandmaster crafter'' fo my guild. :P

• crfurstenau
    crfurstenau
    Soul Shriven
    You could also craft with multiple alts, to avoid the extreme time increases
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The disincentive there is that the 'special' crafting tables require you to do all the researching on a single toon for that particular craft.
  • SourceError
    SourceError
    ✭✭
    So it actually takes time to learn everything? Gems are truly outrageous!
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with having alts spread out the learning is that you then need a lot of style books for each crafter. Not saying one is faster then the other but it is something to consider if you are going to a set look with all traits.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.