The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Extreme Camera Sensitivity

Bughly
Bughly
Hello! I've been experiencing an issue with my camera for a while now which makes the game unplayable. What happens is with even the slightest movement of my mouse, the camera speeds up drastically (see on video). I can't play the game at all because of this and I've tried re-installing the game, which worked for the first time I loaded the game up after the install, but breaks straight after. Additionally, every time I close my game it crashes, which never happened before the camera issue.

Video

I do have addons, which I can list if needed.
Edited by Bughly on March 31, 2018 12:19PM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tried disabling addons?
    Smoothing off in game?
    You have enhance pointer precision off in wondows?
    If you have a gaming mouse, you have mouse acceleration off?

Edited by Yakidafi on March 31, 2018 2:21PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Bughly
    Bughly
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    You tried disabling addons?
    Smoothing off in game?
    You have enhance pointer precision off in wondows?
    If you have a gaming mouse, you have mouse acceleration off?

1. Yes
    2. Should be off
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok this happened to me the other day. My gaming mouse will change speeds if I press the middle button. Check if your mouse has a similar feature
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bughly
    Bughly
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ok this happened to me the other day. My gaming mouse will change speeds if I press the middle button. Check if your mouse has a similar feature

I do have a gaming mouse but I have not touched the DPI button. My mouse is fine on every other game I have expect ESO.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @khoco there is a few threads about this with different time dates , but none have an answer.
    PC EU/NA
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was for another mouse problem, maybe ut might work for you?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client

and right-clicked on ESO64.EXE (because I was using the 64 bit client, but I imagine the same would work for the 32-bit eso.exe) and selected Properties.

Then clicked on the "Compatibility" tab and Checked the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box and clicked Apply/OK.

Then I ran eso64.exe and the drifting camera was gone! Hope it works for you too.
    PC EU/NA
  • Bughly
    Bughly
    I found a solution.

I have been using Razer cortex and it's ingame overlay with my games and it seems that was the cause of the issue. For anyone else having that problem,. that''s a fix if you own Razer products. Just turn off the ingame overlay.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khoco wrote: »
    I found a solution.

I have been using Razer cortex and it's ingame overlay with my games and it seems that was the cause of the issue. For anyone else having that problem,. that''s a fix if you own Razer products. Just turn off the ingame overlay.

This solved it for me, too. I have a Razer Naga Hex mouse, and the camera sensitivity would change seemingly at random. Opening the task manager and killing the "Razeringame" process fixed the issue.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Hemi9712
    Hemi9712
    Soul Shriven
    Snit wrote: »
    Khoco wrote: »
    I found a solution.

This solved it for me, too. I have a Razer Naga Hex mouse, and the camera sensitivity would change seemingly at random. Opening the task manager and killing the "Razeringame" process fixed the issue.

Does that turn off the settings you set for the mouse or keyboard? Like any keybinds you set in synapse or is the razeringame different?
    Edited by Hemi9712 on August 13, 2018 3:02PM