Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Levelling up clothing skills

cmoulsdale
How do you quickly level up the clothing skill in ESO, I'm finding that making things only results in a tiny increase in the skill level
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    Deconstruct items. It was stated if you deconstruct looted or crafted items by other players, it will yield more exp then deconstructing your crafted items.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    My main problem is creating medium armour. I can find plenty of jute but getting limited leather from beasts.
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kill mudcrabs ..they are everywhere and plentiful. That will get you leather bits.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Kill mudcrabs ..they are everywhere and plentiful. That will get you leather bits.

But... it upsets my mudcrab when I kill his cousins ....
  • DelraelNavarre
    Thete wrote: »

But... it upsets my mudcrab when I kill his cousins ....

Kill him first then. ;)
  • DelraelNavarre
    Seriously though, I've learned to level up with my Jute, because I never see anyone else picking it up. Then I save the leather for when I want to craft armor for myself or someone else.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    Very true. Level with Jute and save leather for when it counts. :smiley:
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Jonplummer99b14_ESO
    Getting the ability that helps you spot the Jute more easily was a big help for me..
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    My friend is playing Nightblade and were a small group of people playing together so I make his armor from leather and give back flowers for his alchemy and iron to other person for his gear while getting also Jute from them.. all three benefit. ;)
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    My main problem is creating medium armour. I can find plenty of jute but getting limited leather from beasts.

There are a bunch of places that will provide rawhide scraps. Obviously I don't know what Alliance you're in, but in particular just outside Daggerfall is the Baelborn rock, full of imps. You can run a quick circuit there and get rawhide.

Also kill any wolves you come across; easy rawhide there. Also harpies. I haven't played the Dominion or the Covenant since the beta (focusing on one character at the moment), but I do remember plenty of easy kill rawhide areas.

Also, slaughter the wild animals (deer, etc.). When they drop something, it's either a food item or rawhide.

Yesterday, during my Baelborn run, I got about 50 rawhide in about 10 minutes.

• psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, I've learned to level up with my Jute, because I never see anyone else picking it up. Then I save the leather for when I want to craft armor for myself or someone else.

Also, this too; I level and make the highest level stuff I can with jute (14), sell it off (because deconstructing it is basically useless since I made it and I'd rather have the gold), lather, rinse, repeat. Jute is so easy to get, I end up having hundreds of it.

• scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I agree that leveling with jute is the way to go. I wish there was an easy way to swap crafted items with people to get the increased IP bonus from deconstructing.
    Actually, does anyone know if the bonus from other player's items is better than from alts? I found that deconstructing an item made by my alt yields almost twice the IP as making the item. But I heard that in beta deconstructing an item from another player was almost 8x the IP as making the item yourself.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Since I am too impatient to wait for others, I just had a mule start crafting and swapping gear through the bank to my main crafter who deconstructed them. It "wastes" communal resources but the decon xp is much better.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    psychounz wrote: »
    There are a bunch of places that will provide rawhide scraps. Obviously I don't know what Alliance you're in, but in particular just outside Daggerfall is the Baelborn rock, full of imps. You can run a quick circuit there and get rawhide.

My issue isn't that I don't know where to get them, it's that there aren't anywhere near as many of them. I am a crafter and so always go after resources at the expense of everything else. I go after every iron node, flower, rune, maple, jute and I kill every furry creature I see (even if I have to travel some distance). But on all characters I end up with 3-4 times as much jute as scraps.
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I suggest going on these farming runs; it's just that you have to kill stuff instead of just look for it. I don't think there are any less, I just think that because you have to get them in a different way (killing vs. finding) it seems like there are fewer.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Start killing critters, Thete, your rawhide problems will be over.
  • TheBusStop
    TheBusStop
    ✭✭
    If you are in the DC area (Glenumbra), the best place to get rawhide scraps is or Bealborn rock, or just north of Aldcroft, where there are a lot of werewolf's. In beta that is where most my gear came from