Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Those are no stallions.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're neutered to "gentle" them. I.e. so they don't get too frisky.

A wolf that's large enough to ride could be very annoying, if it takes a fancy to your leg.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. Really?
  • Sejha
    Sejha
    ✭✭
    Orticia wrote: »
    I don't care either way. Hardly any games adds it. Yeah seeing ken doll animals is a bit unnatural. On the other hand I am not fully convinced of the maturity of everyone in the playerbase, regardless of age. So yeah, I can see why ZoS might not want to add ***, even if something more modest like sheaths. I can underst and not going for the all hang out versions no matter what.

The thing is, they were in the game in oblivion. Like, its nothing new to the series you know?

I cant believe that the 90% of the responses to this thread are literally non contributive personal attacks and poking fun like.

Every time I play the game, and jump on my mount I'm given this as my immediate screen:
    WNLXdvc.png
    PbPFuAf.png
    ztNdGRL.png

I see it every timeI play and yeah it doesnt stop being uncomfortable to me. It actually wierds me out that for most people this is Normal.
    Give werewolves a taunt. Let us do what we were made for.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed a few posts that were off-topic and baiting. This is a friendly reminder to keep posts on topic with the OP and keep the conversation constructive. If you have any questions about our forum rules you can read through them here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would probably make it more awkward to be running on my mount and balls are just swaying on my screen. Especially if kids or friends were around and they are just looking at it like "WTF?". But that is more social related in my opinion.

Humans in some cultures are desensitized to animal genitalia to an extent, which is why we can neuter them and are comfortable with no balls on a dog or cat because it's became socially acceptable. As a result, we don't really take "male" or "female" mounts into account on a video game but some do such as yourself. Even 99% of plastic toys of animals have zero genitalia. It's not that we don't know what they have, we just don't care to show it because that's not the important part of domestic animals to us in our society (referring to cats and dogs). Until, that is, you need to sheath clean a horse then it is very real. But thankfully, that is not a part of the ZOS game.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on April 2, 2018 3:53PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • SirCritical
      SirCritical
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sejha wrote: »
      All of the mounts and creatures in game are represented as genderless eunuchs and its really uncomfortable.

Omg, what a real problem. What about lag?

• Goratesque
      Goratesque
      ✭✭✭✭
      Seriously? Is that your biggest problem in this game? If you want to see animal balls or a horse swinging his dingdong around then just Google it. I'm sure you can find a category on some of the particular websites for that.

This is a game cowboy, deal with it! There are more important things such as lag or trader system.
      Edited by Goratesque on April 2, 2018 9:49PM
      My Guilds:
      PC/EU - EP | Skyrim Lejyonu | GM
      PC/EU - DC | Black Horse Courier | GM
      PC/EU - EP | Siyah Atlı Kurye | GM
      PC/EU - DC | Imperial Trading Company
      PC/EU - EP | Unlimited Undaunted
      My Characters:
      Daggerfall Covenant
      [^]Master Arctus | DD - Magicka Nightblade (Breton, Battlemage of the Empire)
      Khaled al-Bergama | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Redguard, Forebear)
      Brother Marcel | Healer - Magicka Templar (Breton, Monk)
      Lucius Detritus | Tank - Health Necromancer (Imperial, Colovian)
      Sir Armand Dubois | Tank - Health Templar (Breton, Knight)
      Akhenatosh | DD - Stamina Templar (Imperial, Nibenese)
      Shrek Xl | Tank - Health Arcanist (Orc, Swamp Ogre)
      Selena Tharn | DD - Magicka Necromancer (Breton, Vampire)

Ebonheart Pact
      Goras Dagoth | DD - Magicka Dragonknight (Dunmer, Sixth House)
      Ada'Soom Dir-Kamal | Tank - Health Warden (Nord, Undead Kamal)
      Never-Gives-Up | Tank - Health Nightblade (Argonian, Shadowscale)
      Uruk gro-Mauloch | Tank - Health Dragonknight (Mountain Orc of Skyrim)
      Freydis Iron-Shield | Tank - Health Sorcerer (Nord, Champion)
      *Kelvedkaal | DD - Stamina Arcanist (Nord, Dragon Priest)

Aldmeri Dominion
      Robin of Valenwood | DD - Stamina Nightblade (Imperial, Strident)
      Tihullu | Healer - Stamina Warden (Bosmer, Druid)
      *Rilis Xll of Firsthold | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Altmer, Lich High Kinlord)
      Dark Kinlord Sauron | DD - Stamina Sorcerer (Dunmer, Xivkyn Dreadguard)
      Prince Taka | DD - Hybrid Templar (Khajiit, Two-Moons Warrior Priest)

[^]This is my Main character overall.
      *This is my Primary character in that Alliance.
      My Primary Residence: Strident Springs Demesne (Arenthia, Reaper's March)
    • Nihility42
      Nihility42
      ✭✭✭✭
      M_Volsung wrote: »
      I have a Dwemer clank horse...

Would they be brass?

...this is, without a doubt, the silliest thing I've seen someone complain about on the forums so far...

I will only support this idea if the Dwemer horse balls click clack together when you walk.
    • Minyassa
      Minyassa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      They are all geldings, every single one. It's actually impossible to tame an intact male animal in Tamriel, balls just make them too intractable for even the most seasoned trainer.

...kinda sexist, now that I think of it. Alternatively we could imagine that the animals are all wearing super tight junk-constricting underwear like our toons.
      schip wrote: »
      ...there's just something gross about imagining animators carefully sculpting their genitalia...

Heehee. Actually all of the Breyer stallions I've ever seen and sold have had a little bumpy zone that probably took like three seconds to sculpt and they are still considered kid-friendly. It's just another part of animal topography to look weird and unnatural, and in a game that prizes bad conformation in horses, it would have been silly to pass up the opportunity!

Edited by Minyassa on April 2, 2018 9:56PM
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I understand it weirds you out and makes you uncomfortable not to see it. But I just don't think it would be a good use of ZOS development time/money to work on adding it. They probably had reasons for not including it - the awkwardness potentially felt by other players at seeing it could be a reason. Or perhaps they just couldn't get it modeled satisfactorily or it animated weirdly. Or, perhaps it was a matter of keeping details more simple all around for performance purposes. Regardless, adding it to me would serve no real purpose other than to keep one player (and perhaps some others) from being uncomfortable while making others uncomfortable, all at the expense of development time.
    • Jaraal
      Jaraal
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I see it every timeI play and yeah it doesnt stop being uncomfortable to me. It actually wierds me out that for most people this is Normal.

Did you just assume she-buck's gender? :o
      RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Those elk are very violent unless they're completely neutered. Intact elk have killed more people than Tilikum the orca at Sea World. True story.
    • Sejha
      Sejha
      ✭✭
      CradonWar wrote: »
      Seriously? Is that your biggest problem in this game? If you want to see animal balls or a horse swinging his dingdong around then just Google it. I'm sure you can find a category on some of the particular websites for that.

This is a game cowboy, deal with it! There are more important things such as lag or trader system.

As someone who's running on a satellite internet service with bad wifi, who has little to no lag at all I'd say that yeah it, definitely is my biggest problem with the game. Im really not getting the lag comments that much??? I wouldnt make a thread like this if I had other real issues with it, this is literally it.
      It would probably make it more awkward to be running on my mount and balls are just swaying on my screen. Especially if kids or friends were around and they are just looking at it like "WTF?". But that is more social related in my opinion.

Humans in some cultures are desensitized to animal genitalia to an extent, which is why we can neuter them and are comfortable with no balls on a dog or cat because it's became socially acceptable. As a result, we don't really take "male" or "female" mounts into account on a video game but some do such as yourself. Even 99% of plastic toys of animals have zero genitalia. It's not that we don't know what they have, we just don't care to show it because that's not the important part of domestic animals to us in our society (referring to cats and dogs). Until, that is, you need to sheath clean a horse then it is very real. But thankfully, that is not a part of the ZOS game.

This is the first real, response I've gotten. I'm not really asking for jiggle physics either, like they dont even have to give them balls even just the suggestion of a sex because even in oblivion the horses had sheaths and the horses in oblivion were ugly hellbeasts, but they still managed to give them Something.

Youre right about desensitization I guess. But that just in itself makes me consider this even more as a non issue, if its something people normally don't care about or focus on, then why would be an issue if they did do this?

Jayne_Doe wrote: »
      I understand it weirds you out and makes you uncomfortable not to see it. But I just don't think it would be a good use of ZOS development time/money to work on adding it. They probably had reasons for not including it - the awkwardness potentially felt by other players at seeing it could be a reason. Or perhaps they just couldn't get it modeled satisfactorily or it animated weirdly. Or, perhaps it was a matter of keeping details more simple all around for performance purposes. Regardless, adding it to me would serve no real purpose other than to keep one player (and perhaps some others) from being uncomfortable while making others uncomfortable, all at the expense of development time.

I cant modify textures or models in this online game, so making an appeal to the people who can fix the issue is the best option I have available to me.
      I have modelling and texturing experience, I'd gladly do it myself because (esp if you have resources to work with already) it wouldn't take much time at all.

While Im the first to probably bring this up on boards I know Im not the only player who it bothers, I've seen it in Zone many times, from Stros M'kai, to Vulkel Guard to Riften (especially in riften, oddly...).

I've been playing the game since it came out and I've seen it many many times as a complaint.

So I know it wouldnt be wasted, especially if there was an option to avoid it. Many other games that feature these aspects of anatomy (Rust, Loadout, etc) had a censoring option.
      Even if they retroactively ignored all previous mounts and just considered it going forward Id still be happier than I am now.
    • Katahdin
      Katahdin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This has to be a left over April fools joke right?
      Or you lost a bet and the pay was to start a horse genetalia thread on the forum?

We got 99 problems in this game.
      Horse nuts ain't one

Nearly spewed my lunch reading this
      Lmao
      Beta tester November 2013
    • Ohtimbar
      Ohtimbar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I love animals as much as the next person, but I don't think horse bollocks would add much to the game. I, for one, do not miss them.
      forever stuck in combat
    • Rouven
      Rouven
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Become a Spider-Rider, no balls needed.

Since we're at this topic, has anyone checked the dog pets yet? (How do you insert that trollface? lol)
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    • janesansibleb14_ESO
      janesansibleb14_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      I do not need to see any genitalia for any creature in this game. Yeech.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ohtimbar wrote: »
      I love animals as much as the next person, but I don't think horse bollocks would add much to the game. I, for one, do not miss them.

The horse might miss them, though.
    • fierackas
      fierackas
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The horse willy thread marches on :D
    • KanedaSyndrome
      KanedaSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭
      Any kind of nudity is more dangerous than violence, didn't you get the memo?
      Edited by KanedaSyndrome on April 6, 2018 5:29PM
      KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
      The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
      The Best Plans Require No Action
    • Sejha
      Sejha
      ✭✭
      Katahdin wrote: »
      This has to be a left over April fools joke right?
      Or you lost a bet and the pay was to start a horse genetalia thread on the forum?

We got 99 problems in this game.
      Horse nuts ain't one

Nearly spewed my lunch reading this
      Lmao

No this is real ;/
      Is a normal aspect of biology really that repulsive to you?
      Rouven wrote: »
      Become a Spider-Rider, no balls needed.

Since we're at this topic, has anyone checked the dog pets yet? (How do you insert that trollface? lol)
      Honestly I'd appreciate that too, there is a wolf mount after all. But one step at a time.
      Any kind of nudity is more dangerous than violence, didn't you get the memo?

This is the kind of mentality that makes me so frustrated to begin with. I'll never understand this at all, how murder and blood is more acceptable than a natural aspect of the world that literally is there on every living creature.

George R.R. Martin said it best, imo “I can describe an axe entering a human skull in great explicit detail and no one will blink twice at it. I provide a similar description, just as detailed, of a *** entering a ***, and I get letters about it and people swearing off. To my mind this is kind of frustrating, it’s madness. Ultimately, in the history of [the] world, *** entering *** have given a lot of people a lot of pleasure; axes entering skulls, well, not so much.”

Nevermind something as explicit as sex, I'm literally only asking for what should have been there from the start.
    • Numerikuu
      Numerikuu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      tumblr_inline_orrh3syHZX1sg06lu_540.gif
    • Tabbycat
      Tabbycat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I have said it before and yet I feel it bears repeating.

This is clearly the work of Sheogorath.

Also, ZOS should have borrowed the horse designers from Skyrim.
      Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
      0.016%
    • Dhukath
      Dhukath
      ✭✭✭
      Maybe all life on Nirn has an illusion spell cast on its junk.
    • UppGRAYxDD
      UppGRAYxDD
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dhukath wrote: »
      Maybe all life on Nirn has an illusion spell cast on its junk.

Or all genitalia was removed due to some evil Molag Bal initiative to make taking over Nirn easier...this also would explain why there are no children in Nirn either...
      "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    • SickleCider
      SickleCider
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Could they just fix the horse anatomy in general? Those necks and heads are seriously creepy. All the horses look like they were born with that short spine syndrome that plagues some dog breeds.
      ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    • Sejha
      Sejha
      ✭✭
      Could they just fix the horse anatomy in general? Those necks and heads are seriously creepy. All the horses look like they were born with that short spine syndrome that plagues some dog breeds.

Admittedly I'd love a general update. It would please a lot of people probably.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Then put up a poll and let the forums vote. Make it anonymous so no one gets bothered about their vote. Personally, I really doubt you are going to get all that different of results, but you never know.
    • Sejha
      Sejha
      ✭✭

Then put up a poll and let the forums vote. Make it anonymous so no one gets bothered about their vote. Personally, I really doubt you are going to get all that different of results, but you never know.

How do I, do that exactly? I haven't noticed the option for a poll.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I, do that exactly? I haven't noticed the option for a poll.

Under the General Discussion, when you create woukd create a New Discussion, there's a drop down that when let you choose to make a New Poll instead.
    This discussion has been closed.