Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Removal of WP/SP Damage from Maelstrom Weapons - Please Reconsider

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since staves will count as 2 set pieces and VMA weapons (and other "master" weapons) are part of set pieces now, id suggest the following:

1 piece : x stat bonus
    2 piece: ability altering stuff
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on April 4, 2018 12:50PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They'll all simply become 2pc sets, with 2pc bonuses. There is effectively zero change for these weapons.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bislobo wrote: »
    Dude they want us to buy their DLC. That is why Asylum weapons will be bis even for pvpers... Nerfing VMA weapons was part of the plan.

you do realise that vMA is also a part of a DLC
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to bring those "extraneous" stat bonuses back...

Agreed.

ZoS has zero direction now. It's like they're floating around this way or that, just getting pushed in whatever direction the wind is blowing. Which is it? 2h weapons are 2 set bonuses or 1 set bonus?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's another way to look at it, they'll still be unique set pieces with unique bonuses. I'm not sure why they necessarily have to be BiS.

They Any set should provide alternative build possibilities, not the only build possibilities.
    Kanar wrote: »

Agreed.

ZoS has zero direction now. It's like they're floating around this way or that, just getting pushed in whatever direction the wind is blowing. Which is it? 2h weapons are 2 set bonuses or 1 set bonus?
    Both...they'll be a 2pc set, with a 2 pc set bonus.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on April 4, 2018 1:27PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy. Only popcorn and laughter.

This feels like karma, for every thread screaming at anyone who dared to critisize the content. I hope the nerf goes through.
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭

I want you as community ambassador!

Right now the unique bonus from some vMA weapon is just slighty more powerful than a 5 piece bonus from a set. And noone wants to give up the stats from 4 set pieces for that (well, lets say it, in many cases not even) slighty better bonus. The chance to enchant vMA weapons presented as something good was a kick in the ass for everyone who mastered vMA just for the final rewards. This cannot be neglected in Summerset changes.
    Edited by TheMystid on April 4, 2018 5:22PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion,

Special Weapons = Full Monster Set (Head + Shoulders).

So yes, please reconsider!

I'd like a pattern. There is no such thing as "one weapon gives weapon damage, the other gives max stamina". Or all weapons give weapon damage, or all give max stamina. Obviously, I'm talking about Dual Wield, Bow etc.

The best bonus is: Weapon Damage, Spell Damage, Physical and Spell Resistance!

Weapon Damage
    • Two-Handed
    • Dual Wield
    • Bow
    Spell Damage
    • Destruction Staff
    • Restoration Staff
    Physical and Spell Resistance
    • One-Handed and Shield
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, this must be done if zos wants to try to keep them relevant. And then it might not be enough.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its time to put back the stats on ability altering weapons.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 8, 2018 2:55AM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless that stat bonus is less than what it used to be I don't think this would balance out. It would probably go back to when these weapons were BiS. On live, their competitive, probably won't be in SS.

I think it's better to buff the 3pc jewellery sets as those are what are most commonly paired with unique weapons anyways, essentially turning them into unofficial 5 pc sets in a way.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »

Unless that stat bonus is less than what it used to be I don't think this would balance out. It would probably go back to when these weapons were BiS. On live, their competitive, probably won't be in SS.

I think it's better to buff the 3pc jewellery sets as those are what are most commonly paired with unique weapons anyways, essentially turning them into unofficial 5 pc sets in a way.

thing is, these weapons were strong, but not that overpowered when they had 1.5x stats on them. Having a master's bow or a maelstrom maul was a great achievement. It was so serious that I remember all the compliments and questions I got when I dropped my first maelstrom 2h.

It was a trophy, a reward, for going against the torture that was maelstrom arena.

For example lets imagine I'm using a setup with seventh legion on body, and werewolf hide back bar+jewelry. Very classic brawler build there. And what If I were to use a werewolf hide maul with it instead of maelstrom maul?

The difference would be 60 weapon damage, due to ww hide having weapon damage bonus on 4th piece. Thats it. thats the stat advantage a maelstrom used to give you.

Of course this isn't always the case, and maelstrom weapons were usually paired with agility to provide much bigger stats than usual setups. Nobody gave a damn about the pathetic dot on it, which is why now maelstrom weapons are used by pretty much nobody.

So in a nutshell, they are either going to buff these weapons, or nobody will ever touch most of them again. They don't have to give them 1.5x stats, but a buff is definitely needed.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 8, 2018 4:49AM