Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate ESO's 4-Year Anniversary With Us!"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
c0ec434f95cb1e02066879672e2c294d.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Celebrate ESO's 4-Year Anniversary With Us!" article.

The Elder Scrolls Online turns four! Join us in celebration of this amazing milestone by taking part in our in-game event and enjoying XP buffs, unique rewards, and cake!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    (Sorry this thread went up so late, everyone!)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing what happens when the cake gets too tall for more layers. ;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone made that cake irl before, now I'm "hongray"
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the drop rate on Worm Cult? Is it viable to attain without all character slots active...
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just want to say that this game has made some AMAZING progress since the first time I played it way back when.

Kudos to everyone involved. Even if I struggle with some of the changes as a player, the overall changes to this game have been amazing.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 years... 4 long years!
    I was a freshman in college when ESO was released on 4/4/2014, 2 days before my 20th birthday!
    ESO turns 4 today, April 4th, 2018, and I'll be 24 on April 6th, 2018 haha.
    I can't believe how much ESO has grown throughout these 4 years, and how much more there is on the way in the next 4 years and beyond! :)

As my signature says, I've been an ESO subscriber since launch! I have the Striped Senche-Tiger mount, the last reward from the now-defunct loyalty program (I really wish they kept this going). I currently have 17,200 crowns. (I spent 20,000 crowns or so on the Linchal Grand Manor mansion house in The Gold Coast!). :smiley:
    I've gotten so many crowns accumulated from the 1,500 crowns per month allotment, plus a few discounted 5,500 crown-packs during the Crown Sales that occur every once in awhile.
    It took me many purchases to get my Storm Atronach Senche Mount in the first Crown Crate seaspm, but I finally got it myself after converting and using 400 crown gems to directly choose it! Other big purchase was the Chroma-Blue Dwarven Spider, shortly after Morrowind's release.
    I don't even "own" any of the DLCs, not even Imperial City, since I've always been subscribed and have always had full access to each of them, as they became available one by one, lol.

And aside from my Gaming Community (Absolute Virtue & Absolute Vice) and my independent start-up game development studio (Absolute Virtue Entertainment) that I have been growing and building since graduating college, my other major in-game achievement was finally getting Emperor for the first time, 7 months ago, back in September 2017 (at the ESO 3.5-year mark).
    I got Emperor 3 days before Hurricane Irma hit my area in Southwest Florida. I held Emperor on and off for 3 days on Shor, then Hurricane Irma permanently dethroned me, right around when the campaign ended, too. Did not have electricity, air conditioning, internet, water, or even cellular internet/data (cell towers were down, too!) for over a month in SW-FL! But at least I had gotten emperor before it all went to hell! :innocent:
    That idealization and fact kept me sane while the mosquitoes ate us all alive. :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 4, 2018 4:57AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing since beta and eso has come a long way. I remember 4 years ago when it was released on my birthday, so every year I get to celebrate my birthday playing eso celebrating their b-day. :smiley:
    No Lollygagging.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvilKiwi wrote: »
    I have been playing since beta and eso has come a long way. I remember 4 years ago when it was released on my birthday, so every year I get to celebrate my birthday playing eso celebrating their b-day. :smiley:

Haha, that's great. And happy birthday! :smiley:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 4, 2018 4:58AM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    EvilKiwi wrote: »

Haha, that's great. And happy birthday! :smiley:

Awww, thank-you. :blush:
    No Lollygagging.
  • Royal456
    Royal456
    Soul Shriven
    Can we have pleas more statistics of 4 years Elder Scrolls online? In special more numbers of pvp like, numbers of keeps captured, how often a player becomes Emperor and much more (numbers) of that kind.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭

Should I report this for double-posting?
    Rawr
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy Annversary! Have been playing since shortly after launch and LOVE this game!

Also, really enjoyed reading the statistics! Can we get more?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what all those wild parties over the weekend do! :tongue:

Looking forward to this, all alts are now certified for writs so I'll get at least those every day.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want that cake tower so tall that someday we can dance atop it and speak its protonymic. What does the Loremaster have to say on Cake Tower lore?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been a bumpy ride to say the least, but im still here so they must have done something right (pvp)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    So for the book to track dailies, where will it be found to read?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we need to think outside of the cake box yes for next year before we have a terrible accident involving a hungry orc and a leaning tower of cake.

Perhaps we could have a plate of sweetrolls in future - one for each year?

And perhaps each year a different furnishing in the shape of a cake too yes? So we may have a cake corner in our homes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3h 8min to go...... B)
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we need to think outside of the cake box yes for next year before we have a terrible accident involving a hungry orc and a leaning tower of cake.

Perhaps we could have a plate of sweetrolls in future - one for each year?

And perhaps each year a different furnishing in the shape of a cake too yes? So we may have a cake corner in our homes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    *cough* @Chufu *cough*

I was hoping we could get second cake tower, then a third and finally build the fifth onto the base made of those three.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This...
    one of the most useful and important additions..

GET YOUR DAILIES
    To help you identify what daily and weekly quests are available to you, we have also added the “Adventurer's Almanac, 2nd Edition" to the game. Upon reading it, if you have completed the Mages Guild quest line, the new book will be added to your Eidetic Memory and be accessible from your Journal at any time. You can find the book somewhere near Chef Donolon in each capital city.

The book contains everything you need to know about the available weekly and daily quests, including their location, activity type, requirements, and recommended level of experience to complete. There's always adventure to be had in Tamriel, and now, you'll always be able to find it!
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we have the April crown store showcase now too... please..
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    congratz to 4 years ESO
    pc/eu
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did somebody say cake? Where is my cake? Glutenfree? Nom nom nom!

Happy Birthday ESO!

We should build a monstrous cake in our gardens full of sweetrolls!!!
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cake should be a four layer ( 1 layer for each year ). Any way congrats!! :DB)
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four year anniversary event starts today.

And a four year forum badge just popped.

Coincidence?

Or deep conspiracy?

let-me-tell-you-about-a-conspiracy-theory.jpg
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    {I}n-game statistics from PC/Mac launch until today:
    • Total number of monsters killed: 15,881,472,493
    • Total number of players killed: 1,346,033,201
    • Total number of Soul Gems used: 1,183,836,570
    • Total number of quests completed: 2,064,266,404
    • Total number of items crafted: 7,415,834,454
    • Total number of achievements earned: 1,145,234,018
    • And, finally, here's some additional numbers that might surprise:
    • Most popular race: High Elf (14.98% of all characters)
    • Most popular Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (36.33% of all characters)
    • Most PvP Kills by Alliance: Ebonheart Pact (122,490,253 kills)
    • Highest unpaid bounty: 248,655,731 gold
    • Highest paid bounty: 362,324 gold
    Edited by tinythinker on April 4, 2018 1:57PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    The XP bonus does indeed stack with a scroll or potion and ESO+, correct?

Does the memento work like the Pie of Misrule?
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    The XP bonus does indeed stack with a scroll or potion and ESO+, correct?

Does the memento work like the Pie of Misrule?

The XP bonus from the cake stacks with XP scrolls & XP potions but overrides and refreshes the Jester XP buff (if you still happened to have the Jester XP buff active on a character, even one that is logged out, [the XP timer is saved and stalled when logged off]).
    After doing the short Cake quest (which is only a few lines of NPC dialogue), you can then summon and spawn the 3rd Annual Jubilee Cake from using the Memento, then click on the summoned Cake itself to get the XP buff.
    So, with the Cake, it is an extra step of clicking, whereas with the Jester event, you just used The Pie of Misrule and got the XP buff automatically after clicking it in the Memento list.
    Make sure to use the 3rd Annual Jubilee Cake Memento before entering certain places, like Cyrodiil, because you cannot use Mementos in Cyrodiil, for whatever reason that ZOS decided.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is there any particular reason why Mementos usage is disabled in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on April 4, 2018 5:07PM
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    "The book contains everything you need to know about the available weekly and daily quests, including their location, activity type, requirements, and recommended level of experience to complete. There's always adventure to be had in Tamriel, and now, you'll always be able to find it!"

This seems to be just a general snippet from Skordo the Knife. Or is that what it's supposed to be?
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't I put the cakes in my manor's kitchen as furnishings?
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule