The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kinda bored

ThanatosXR
ThanatosXR
✭✭✭
3 hrs in lvl 8 I'm kinda bored, everything seems disorganized, the UI is really bad on PC, the lack of information compared to other pc games, just seems like the whole game was built around controllers. The graphics are quite bland, the whole product is bland, this should be buytoplay. This will 100% be f2p in 2 months. Really lackluster even compared to SWTOR/GW2 which had no endgame, this doesnt seem to have much of a game at all. It just feels like the company wants $15 a month in free income. Didnt work out to well for SWTOR.

The scrollercaust has begun it has.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I bet you were bored in Morrowind as well. Ever heard of it?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This will 100% be f2p in 2 months."

Love it when they make predictions like this.

At least ZOS can read forum titles, this is Q&A not rant and stupidity.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind had interesting quests and a large world to explore, this feels small and boxed in way too theme parky.
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    "This will 100% be f2p in 2 months."

Love it when they make predictions like this.

At least ZOS can read forum titles, this is Q&A not rant and stupidity.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-online-will-eventually-be-free-to-play-analyst/1100-6375882/
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThanatosXR
    That is a link to a 2012 article, created a week after the game was announced.
    The writer had literally no information about the game to go on.

Furthermore it does not give a specific prediction like your '2 month' prophecy, which you have exactly no reasoning behind, despite the precise prediction.

Furthermore, I see no question in this post. This is the Q&A forum.
    If there is a question I can answer, please post it.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • tommipalub16_ESO
    tommipalub16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lame threat. wrong section. just close it zos :D
  • Miths
    Miths
    I'm sure every company who launches a subscription based MMO these days have already done the calculations and planning for the future potential (these days likely) change to F2P, but it's probably rather unlikely to happen within the first six months, and more likely a year.

Anyway, aside from some annoying quest bugs (so far fixed by logging out and back in again) I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

And I particularly don't get the "doesn't have a large world" to explore argument. While ESO is more linear than past Elder Scrolls games, the game world is certainly larger than in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3hrs to level 8 - sounds like your clicking through the quests and then complaining it's bland. [Shakes head]
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Bet ES games are known for being an open world.

Why give them $15 of free money a month when GW2 gives you content all the time for buying the game. The sub is 100% no tgonna fly this game will lose most of its playerbase at the end of the month.
    You get no content with ESO and have the privilege of making them richer each month.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please don't feed further.
  • Dragonetti
    ThanatosXR wrote: »
    3 hrs in lvl 8 I'm kinda bored, everything seems disorganized, the UI is really bad on PC, the lack of information compared to other pc games, just seems like the whole game was built around controllers. The graphics are quite bland, the whole product is bland, this should be buytoplay. This will 100% be f2p in 2 months. Really lackluster even compared to SWTOR/GW2 which had no endgame, this doesnt seem to have much of a game at all. It just feels like the company wants $15 a month in free income. Didnt work out to well for SWTOR.

Bold text invalidates non-bold text :)

“Never let your sense of morals stand in the way of doing what's right”
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Cool story lol. I love this game, all I.did last night was craft and it was a blast. Also. . I know it's the internet but just because you type it does not make something a fact.
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    ThanatosXR wrote: »

all that in three hours, talk about jumping to conclusions, the devil is in the details.
  • dispatcher505_ESO
    Just another " Enter MMO Here" fan boy trying to spread negative in our positive world. Please quit feeding the trolls.
    Edited by dispatcher505_ESO on March 31, 2014 11:53PM
  • ThanatosXR
    ThanatosXR
    ✭✭✭
    Internet+$60 a box+Xbox LIVE/PSN(for console goers)+$15 a month+DLC/xpacs

I don't see a sizable amount wanting to pay that much for the privilege for playing another linar theme park game especially when Elder Scrolls prided itself on open world gameplay.
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Want to discuss what you feel is lacking? Or just ride the "f2p soon" train ?

Tackling your points real quick:

1. Interface issues: Try out esoui.com and find what suits your style. you seem like a Foundry tactical combat person. LootDrop comes to mind too, as it is really really good.
    2. kinda bored because you just rushed through and click click click is always boring.
    3. Do not do the starter island. Do harder quests, higher level up. Explore! Go somewhere. did you see a dark anchor yet? Lvl to 10 and pvp. Group up and ...well try to find your way of having fun.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Please don't feed further.

Quoted because truth.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• marine142
    marine142
    Nice try OP. no F2P here. :smile:
  • Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course the world seems small when you're level 8. That's like asking an 8 year old where the best vacation spot is. He's never been anywhere, so is going to give a ridiculous, naive answer.
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Greetings! As this thread is not a new player question topic, we will now close this thread. Please post comments and other discussions in the content related areas of the forums. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.