Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Baseline Price of an Apex Mount in Scalecaller Crown Crates ($149.99 USD)

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
I just did this for fun, but am wondering if there are any thoughts on this.

Given that at minimum you receive one Superior Blue quality item (Dup=5gems), and at minimum 3 Fine/Common quality items (Dup=1gem). The least amount of Gems available to extract from a crate is 3.

Which means that in the event that opening a number of crates equal to the number of Superior items, you only pull Unique Superior Items, you will have up to x*3 gems.

For the Scalecaller Crates, the number of Superior Items is 18.

So at minimum you receive 54 Gems from 18 Crown Crates.

After this point, assuming Superior + 3 Fine/Common, each crate will at minimum yield 8 Gems.

An Apex mount is worth 400 Gems, (400-54)/8= 43.25 -> 44 Crates + 18 previous = 62 Crates needed in order to be assured one specific Apex mount.

At minimum this is 20,800 Crowns buying 4 15 packs and 2 crates.

Which means purchasing the 21,000 Crown Bundle will allow you to straight up purchase an Apex mount of your choice.

This equates to $149.99 USD without any other modifiers on Crowns Purchases.

(If you factor in RNG, the Worst case becomes around $190.00)
Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 31, 2018 11:47PM
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't check the numbers but seems about right. However, the chances of someone's "luck" being so bad that they need $150 just to acquire gems to buy the Apex they need is probably very low.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scam crates.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    except you can get better items that do not duplicate. so you may only get the 3 gems instead of 8.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • ArtCommissions
    ArtCommissions
    ✭✭✭
    I got better luck than that normally. In 30 crates I’ll normally pull at least one apex mount. God bless rng...
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to get one in $120 via some really lucky purple dupes and a couple grand exp scrolls

They really need to slant to odds higher toward mounts when you get an extra gold card. It's getting ridiculous, and I'm sure I and many others would have gladly dropped $50 of crowns for these things and bought some other cosmetics and costumes too.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jhalin

Meh. IMO I'd rather then up the exchange rates on gems for items. So I'd be able to "buy" a specific mount rather than hope for any who I may not even like the look of.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Jhalin

Meh. IMO I'd rather then up the exchange rates on gems for items. So I'd be able to "buy" a specific mount rather than hope for any who I may not even like the look of.

That too. I'd like to be able to exchange things for gems even if they aren't dupes. Half the body and face markings that I got I'm never going to use.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odds of me ever buying a crate: 0%
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone care to estimate the cost of a radiant apex?
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WrathOfInnos

Those are pure RNG. There are no fallback mechanisms in place.

It could be anywhere from 400 Crowns to your entire bank account.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but has there been enough data collected to get an approximate average? I wish we could get the real odds for these things.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but has there been enough data collected to get an approximate average? I wish we could get the real odds for these things.

Your odds are the same for the first and the 100th crate. So, no guarantees and is just luck. Some have gotten one in a free crate while others spent a lot of money with no luck. Best to not chase after a radiant mount.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    I would honestly be willing to pay the price you mentioned above before I bought crates to get these. At least it would be certain.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    I just did this for fun, but am wondering if there are any thoughts on this.

Given that at minimum you receive one Superior Blue quality item (Dup=5gems), and at minimum 3 Fine/Common quality items (Dup=1gem). The least amount of Gems available to extract from a crate is 3.

Which means that in the event that opening a number of crates equal to the number of Superior items, you only pull Unique Superior Items, you will have up to x*3 gems.

For the Scalecaller Crates, the number of Superior Items is 18.

So at minimum you receive 54 Gems from 18 Crown Crates.

After this point, assuming Superior + 3 Fine/Common, each crate will at minimum yield 8 Gems.

An Apex mount is worth 400 Gems, (400-54)/8= 43.25 -> 44 Crates + 18 previous = 62 Crates needed in order to be assured one specific Apex mount.

At minimum this is 20,800 Crowns buying 4 15 packs and 2 crates.

Which means purchasing the 21,000 Crown Bundle will allow you to straight up purchase an Apex mount of your choice.

This equates to $149.99 USD without any other modifiers on Crowns Purchases.

Yes, this would be the worst-case scenario if the math is correct.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would honestly be willing to pay the price you mentioned above before I bought crates to get these. At least it would be certain.

It is certain already, as you will obtain enough crown gems to buy the mount, if the OP's math is correct.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Soul_Marrow @DoctorESO

This is not the worst case in practice, but the worst case with absolutes (Superior in each crate with 3 Fine/Common, ignoring all RNG) The worst case would include all instances of the superior item being replaced by an unwanted/nonconvertible unique item of other rarity. Assuming the stars align and you get all nonconvertible items apart from Apex rewards, the worst case would instead deal with 43 total unwanted/nonconvertible items instead of 18.
    ((400-(43*3))/8) ~ 77/15 = 5 15 Crates, 2 Crates = 25,800 Crowns = 21K pack and 5.5K pack ~ $190.00 Before any kind of tax is applied.

However, as we don't know the drop chance of those rarities, whereas a Superior is guaranteed in each crate (Only a chance of a higher rarity), I omitted them.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 31, 2018 11:45PM
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actual insanity to me, I don't understand... They are just pixels and will be worthless when the game eventually goes out of style or until they drop a new Radiant Apex you think you need!!! If people just want to throw money away, I've got a few bills I can send your way! LOL You need to higher an accountant or something because y'all need help.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

This is actual insanity to me, I don't understand... They are just pixels and will be worthless when the game eventually goes out of style or until they drop a new Radiant Apex you think you need!!! If people just want to throw money away, I've got a few bills I can send your way! LOL You need to higher an accountant or something because y'all need help.

Well I never said I would pay it. I said I would pay it before I was ever willing to purchase crowns in order to gamble to get them. I personally think that 2000 crowns is too much to pay for pixels (although I'm a hypocrite in that regard because I have purchased a couple mounts...I just think it's too expensive for what you are getting). It isn't even available in a single player experience...so when the servers are down, literally everything having to do with the game is gone.

And before some elitist jumps my case because they got hurt feels over an opinion, I make 6 figures a year. I'm far from rich, but I'm certainly not "too poor to afford it" like some would insinuate just because you understand the value of, well, value.

• Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

It is certain already, as you will obtain enough crown gems to buy the mount, if the OP's math is correct.

Ahh! You are correct. I read the title of the thread wrong and was thinking of the radiant apex reward mounts.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accidentally read the title as ''Vaseline price of an Apex Mount'' and it freaked me out for a second.
    Edited by Ankael07 on April 1, 2018 2:35AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.