Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Guide] Defeating Gutstripper

CaptainCamper
CaptainCamper
Soul Shriven
Hey all!

This cruel little ******* caused me a ton of problems during beta and it's nice to see they didn't destroy the difficulty as yet again he left me with a big repair bill. It could well be that I'm just awful but in case anyone else is struggling with Gutstripper during the Mage's Guild quests, I've created a video showing a reliable technique to take him down.

Sorry there's no commentary. Having problems with the computer at the moment, seems only Skype is able to register my voice :D

http://youtu.be/hgsO0kE2a1o

If you'd rather read text guide, you can do so here.
Edited by CaptainCamper on March 31, 2014 12:46AM
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went in at level 8 with a nightblade dual wield/siphon build and tore him apart. All you have to do is not stay in the red area, really. He's a pushover.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Bolts. Cannot emphasize this enough. Go beat up on Doshia (she's relatively easy as long as you squish those orbs), grab dem bolts, and Gutsy becomes an absolute snoozefest. Even better if you're a DK and have Stonefist. You can literally keep him permanently knocked-down until he dies.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • dionysis_gt
    Nice work on that video!

I was kiting him back and forth between the two side platforms which was substantially more error prone.

I managed to beat him with a level 5 Templar in beta by kiting him back and forth between the platforms in his lair and healing after I sprinted away from combat, but it wasn't nearly so smooth as your approach.
    Edited by dionysis_gt on March 31, 2014 3:29PM
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    In Beta I remember him being nearly impossible... but last night I killed him so fast he did one tail whip and one charge before I realized he was at 10% health and just charged in and finished him off. They must have nerfed his damage and HP some...
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

• Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    No health potion slotted?
    Rather gutsy, or rather forgetful. ;)

I also had a very hard time with my barely lvl8 2-hander Templar during beta. He was rather frustrating without a proper long range ability and not much luck on dodging or kiting. Came back at 10 and had a much easier time.

Looking forward to finding out if he´s indeed nerfed now, which would be a pity.
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Beta I remember him being nearly impossible... but last night I killed him so fast he did one tail whip and one charge before I realized he was at 10% health and just charged in and finished him off. They must have nerfed his damage and HP some...

They did. And Doshia too. I believe that the changes were implemented on the last beta.
    A shame, really. I liked the quest better when it was actually a challenge.

Edited by Abeille on March 31, 2014 11:32PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • scholar666
    scholar666
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread! Delete delete
    Edited by scholar666 on December 30, 2018 5:14PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's a blast from the past!

Challenging quest bosses, what a novel idea that was, too bad it got cut from the game ...
    sad.gif