Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the Crafting Bag be an account upgrade in the Crown Store?

• DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, and i personally find, if you play regularly this Game, you should sub, this should be mandatory, you get a lot of content in this MMO and should support it. Also, with youre sub you get Crowns, so win/win.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely. I'm never going to pay for ESO+. I buy all my content outright and if I were to pay for ESO+, I'd only be getting the inventory benefits along with some cosmetic things that I don't care about. It's a huge talking point as to why people should not play this game and frankly I agree with them. A huge portion of the game is a massive headache to experience without the crafting bag and in a world where there's so many great free2play games with great business models, I can't in good conscience recommend the game anymore.

Everything is monetized. Does a pillar of the game really need to be gimped to the point where they make it a huge headache to do it without coughing up an additional $15/mo? At this point, just make the game pay2play again because this is egregious as hell.

Let me repeat this. I will NEVER pay for ESO+. They can either let me sink $50 in crowns into a crafting bag upgrade or I'll just continue ignoring crafting in the game and have someone else do all the crafting for me.

While I agree the crafting bag is a huge convenience, it is not required for a crafter. There was a time when no one had a craft bag and we made do.

They did not gimp anyone to push the craft bag. It is a great convenience that one gets for subscribing.

If they made the craft bag purchasable with a one time fee that would likely reduce subs which is bad for the game.

I wish the game was still pay to play but that clearly is not what the majority wants so ESO+ is a good compromise in my opinion.

For the base purchase price one gets an enormous amount of content without paying any more except for cosmetics or conveniences.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No Get the sub !
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Bye sub if this happens so that's the reason ZOS won't do it
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, if reasonably priced. I would buy the entire craft bag access for just 2k crowns but for like 5k a piece? That's just stupid and a waste of money, just like how the sub is a waste of money because why should I keep paying for something that I should have access to in the beginning?
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, and i personally find, if you play regularly this Game, you should sub, this should be mandatory, you get a lot of content in this MMO and should support it. Also, with youre sub you get Crowns, so win/win.

Except it is cheaper to just buy the crowns directly and purchase the DLCs once forever, then to keep giving Zenimax your money. The only real benefit of subbing is the crafting bag, which isn't that useful for the most part. It is just there to be convenience and nothing more. Something which the player should be able to unlock by playing the game, not by paying, but I am willing to pay for it if I only need to make one payment to it instead of constantly paying money to Zenimax for the "privilege" having such a convenience.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Jusey1 wrote: »

Except it is cheaper to just buy the crowns directly and purchase the DLCs once forever, then to keep giving Zenimax your money. The only real benefit of subbing is the crafting bag, which isn't that useful for the most part. It is just there to be convenience and nothing more. Something which the player should be able to unlock by playing the game, not by paying, but I am willing to pay for it if I only need to make one payment to it instead of constantly paying money to Zenimax for the "privilege" having such a convenience.

Oh how wrong you are....
    - ESO is one of only 2 successful Buy to Plays. So the fact that they have made it work speaks volumes. Its also the 3rd largest MMO. Again, they must be doing something right.
    - When you have the Craft Bag, you loot everything all the time. So when I decide I need to do something, like make Tri Pots, or level Alchemy, its amazing how much less of a chore that is because I have everything I need plus exta.
    - ESO has a staff to support the game, fix bugs make improvements. I personally like having those people there. To keep them there, and keep them loving there job, they need money. I am perfectly fine spending $15 a month for new chapters once a year, and new DLC ever couple months and to keep the classes balanced. No it isn't perfect, but considering I main a Altmer Warden tank for all content. My 2nd is a DK Healer all content. 3rd is a Orc Bowden, so far only up to a 30k parse. Race only makes a 0.1% difference at least as long as you stick to one of the top 5 choice for your build. I think they are doing a pretty good job of that too.
    - If Craft Bag was purchasable, the number is people who subscribe would drop significantly. So paying for the "privilege" of this "convenience" is exactly the kind of thing they should charge for. Just the same as having the "privilege" of making my character wear fancy costumes which have no usefulness what so ever is exactly the kind of thing to charge for as well. Especially considering the alternative is a Pay to Win model :s
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Normally I would say “sure, why not” but the Crafting Bag is basically the main reason for having ESO+ apart from DLC access.

I love ESO, I think it is a great game and under appreciated by hardcore Elder Scrolls fans, and I am happy to support it with ESO+, despite some terrible practices ZOS does... Crown Crates. The Crafting Bag is just so handy and for $15 a month it is just worth it, plus the other benefits too.
  • efduncanub17_ESO
    efduncanub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    It wont happen as it is the biggest benefit of ESO+
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Stop this already. As said everyone will drop subs.
    The only way to make up for that is when price is 2-3 years of sub, so like 50k crowns.

Or give it to all accounts, then make subs mandatory again.
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. If you want it, you need to sub.
    Edited by MerlinPendragon on March 29, 2018 11:01PM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm going to say Yes just because I don't sub that often. However, the crafting bag seems to be the selling point for many subbers and by having it be an account upgrade i can see many people unsubbing.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whiphid wrote: »
    Stop this already. As said everyone will drop subs.
    The only way to make up for that is when price is 2-3 years of sub, so like 50k crowns.

Or give it to all accounts, then make subs mandatory again.

No no no! Spending a small amount every now and then for a game I play hours upon hours everyday should be good enough! /sarcasm
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BUT only if it gives something worthwhile instead to ESO+ for what they lost (exclusive craftbag/craft bag completely). ESO+ needs to keep equal value or people will leave it in droves. Not something ZoS wants I recon. Not a game system like a craft bag though (then it will be the same really), but something not game influencing but cool (no clue what). And the craftbag does not become to expensive to buy. As that would kick up a storm. ESO+-ers complaining they have to pay even more to keep what they had if the craft bag leaves ESO+ completely. Or people simply won't buy it and the whole thing is still the same.

I don't see this ever happening though.

That said I rather have a the housing item count upgrade out of ESO+ then the craft bag if I could pick one.

Making a sub mandatory again will never work after it's gone off of that. As people who payed for content outright instead of subbing (a choice given in the game set up and promise) suddenly will be kicked out completely if they can't/won't pay a monthly sub. So that is obviously a no go.
    Edited by Orticia on April 2, 2018 8:23AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Sure. It would kill the sub and hurt ZOS' revenue, but it would save me money and keep me more active in the game. Right now I sub a few month a year and don't play the other months because I am a hoarder, inventory management is crap, and there are only 2 narrative based DLC a year. I currently have 9k crowns and that will just increase each time I sub because I have zero interest in cosmetics.
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Yes, if separated into different sections.
    • alchemy
    • blacksmithing
    • clothing
    • enchanting
    • fishing
    • housing
    • jewelrycrafting
    • provisioning
    • woodworking
    Each category would cost 3-5k crowns.

Where would the mats for traits and motifs go? There are a lot of those. Additional sections?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I voted "Yes", but there are two conditions for this:
    1) The price should be 18k Crowns (1500 * 12)
    2) The price should be paid yearly

What's that? This is the same as ESO+?

Right. Because as a subber, the craft bag is the primary reason I sub.

Take this away, and I see no reason to sub anymore.

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This issue enrages me so much. I would actually be happier if the ONLY thing you got from the ESO+ sub is the crafting bag... They could call it "Crafting Bag Unlimited", LOL.

Then ZOS would at least have to be HONEST about what they are selling.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 2, 2018 1:52PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    360,000 crowns sound about right? That's a decade's worth of sub if purchased during a crown sale?

It's probably the primary benefit behind ESO+, with 2x Bank space and housing space following shortly thereafter.

What would be the point behind ESO+ without it?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Craft bag is the most OP thing in the game, and as many have said, the best reason to sub. Steady income for ZOS means more improvements to game.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As an ESO+ member I can tell you if they did I would buy it and drop +. Don't need xtra xp, gold or inspiration. The only reason I stay subbed is for the bag. The crowns are a nice touch but they don't go very far. So there would be no incentive to stay subbed, and that means a loss of a revenue stream.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same old question. Same old debate. It'll end the same old way.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    This issue enrages me so much. I would actually be happier if the ONLY thing you got from the ESO+ sub is the crafting bag... They could call it "Crafting Bag Unlimited", LOL.

Then ZOS would at least have to be HONEST about what they are selling.

How are they dishonest about ESO+ or the crafting bag? Why does adding a convenience perk for subscribers enrage you?
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:49PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    PetiteFire wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if they did, as I know not everyone can afford the subscription, but they'd have to offer something else to ESO+ members in return.

Can't see what else they could offer as good as the crafting bag
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll post here some thoughts I had when they first announced the ESO+ crafting bag, which I posted in several threads at the time. I had discontinued plus on console, after having been subscribed continuously since early access on PC. I dropped plus for about a year due to the issues with the service on XB (missing crowns every month, frequent loss of access to plus benefits, including DLC). I purchased all the DLC at the time, except IC, at FULL PRICE - there was no Guilds & Glory pack then. I resubbed when Homestead launched and I've been happy ever since (and, thankfully, haven't had any more issues with Plus).

In any event, it's highly unlikely that they would remove this perk from Plus, as many folks have already mentioned it's their main reason for subbing and ZOS would have to come up with something just as good to replace it, considering they've already removed one DLC/year from the service, and last year, we only got 2 DLCs. So, I'll offer some ideas I had at the time for a lesser crafting bag for non-plus members.

If the crafting bag would be offered as a one-time purchase, there is no way it would be unlimited. It would have to be limited in some way. Some ideas I had were to break up the crafting professions so that you would purchase separate bags for each, and they'd be limited and take up a bank slot. While the mats would be accessible for crafting, they would not be accessible for writ turn- in, nor would mats automatically go to the bag when harvesting. Now, I know a lot of non-plus folks wouldn't be happy with that, but let's face it - ZOS aren't going to remove it from plus and if you don't want to pay for plus but still want to have a crafting bag, a one-time purchase for what Plus members get would have to be extremely pricey - like AT LEAST a year's worth of ESO+. Thus, the alternative of having a lesser option available for purchase. It has to be not as good as the plus bag - so limited capacity and limited functionality. Even if it's just one bag that holds all craft materials, it would still have to have a much lower limit and not have the same functionality -e.g. items don't go directly to it.

Or, there may be other ways to limit it. But I think it would be a better conversation to come up with ideas on a non-plus version of the bag, rather than asking them to remove it from plus. We all know that's the main draw for the service - it is for me, since only one DLC a year interests me now, since they're going to 2 dungeon DLCs and one story DLC a year. The extra bank space and house slots are also good perks to me, but without the bag, I think I could live without the rest and would likely cancel.

Yes, having the crafting bag outside of ESO plus would certainly be beneficial to everyone in terms of their own wallet, but not to ZOS in terms of their bottom line. So, asking them to remove the bag and lose a lot of subs would be too costly for them to do. Rather, if there was a way to offer a crafting bag of lesser quality that would generate additional revenue but keep subs, that would be a more plausible suggestion to ZOS. Even then, cost and functionality would have to be such that it wouldn't be too enticing for folks to drop their sub, but enticing enough that folks who refuse to sub would want to purchase it.

TL:DR - ZOS more than likely won't remove the bag from Plus due to loss of many subs. Alternative is to offer crafting bag of lesser quality for direct purchase to those who refuse to sub.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. The crafting bag has ALWAYS been an abomination and a slap in the face to DLC purchasers since the day it was launched.

A lot of people here seem to forget that when "Tamriel Unlimited" was launched, subbing and purchasing were marketed as equally viable. It wasn't until much later, after a bunch of us had already invested a lot of money into DLC purchases, that ZOS pulled a fast one and made subbing the better value. I feel cheated every time I pay for ESO+ for the bag and the extra slots, because now I'm RENTING DLC content that I already PAID FOR!!!

A DLC crafting bag is not only necessary, it is long overdue.

I bought all the dlc.

I've had a sub since it was mandatory.

I have access to the dlc even if I have to drop my sub for some reason.

I considered that to be a good thing over all. I do crafting for my guilds and my full slate of alts on two accounts. The craft bag and double bank space is worth the sub cost, especially since I get crowns in addition to those perks.

The game is still viable if you don't have the crafting bag. Not as easy to deal with inventory perhaps, however not having the extra bank space/crafting bag won't stop you from running a perfect trial or getting to be the emperor. No month to month assured income for the company--more hassle to deal with inventory. Month to month assured income for the company, less hassle to deal with inventory.

• Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, if they sold the craft bags by crafting profession on the store for a reasonable (3-5k) price. Subs keep the game running, so gotta supliment that loss of income somehow.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • Oberick
    Oberick
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I play on xbox and pc, but I hardly ever play on my pc account because I'm only subbed on xbox and once you go craft bag not having one is painful.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I'm gonna have to say no. This and the double bank space is why I sub more than any other reasons.