The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So, which class did you choose?

• Llokii_x
    Llokii_x
    Soul Shriven
    Dragonknight
    I'm currently playing a DK s&b tank, but I created one of each class which I'll eventually try out.
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Loved the templar healer to death in beta, thought i'd change it up abit now though. Going Templar Tank in the Aedric Spear skill line. And a Sorcerer with Restoration Staff for healing. My vote in this poll was Templar though since that's my main.
  • snaekolf
    snaekolf
    Dragonknight
    I went with Templar, Dragonknight and Nightblade. The one that clicked for me was the Wood Elf Dragonknight Archer/2-H. It was just the most fun.
  • Rabinson
    Rabinson
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Anzer wrote: »
    Imperial Nightblade Tank. Because it's way more fun than Templar Tank.

Nightblade Tank?? How this possible?? Using shield??
  • Branbran
    Branbran
    ✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Started as a sorcerer but I guess it's just not my thing. Then dragonknight which is alright. Might try out a nightblade next at some point.
    Winter-Time
    by Robert Louis Stevenson
    Late lies the wintry sun a-bed,
    A frosty, fiery sleepy-head;
    Blinks but an hour or two; and then,
    A blood-red orange, sets again.

Before the stars have left the skies,
    At morning in the dark I rise;
    And shivering in my nakedness,
    By the cold candle, bathe and dress.

Close by the jolly fire I sit
    To warm my frozen bones a bit;
    Or with a reindeer-sled, explore
    The colder countries round the door.

When to go out, my nurse doth wrap
    Me in my comforter and cap;
    The cold wind burns my face, and blows
    Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
    Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
    And tree and house, and hill and lake,
    Are frosted like a wedding cake.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Rabinson wrote: »
    Anzer wrote: »
    Imperial Nightblade Tank. Because it's way more fun than Templar Tank.

Nightblade Tank?? How this possible?? Using shield??

@Rabinson
    I haven't played nightblade much (I spent around a single minute looking through a few skills in beta...) but apparently a nightblade tank sorta works.
    The idea is that you use the siphoning skill line for some self heals and things, which really helps your survivability. Then, of course, 1h&s doesn't hurt.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • sgtpeppers
    Nightblade
    I also am trying a NB tank trying to use the shadow tree for mitigation and avoidance. The problem I am having is with groups and just plain DPs. Hopefully I figure it out soon. Edit: wrote wrong class
    Edited by sgtpeppers on March 31, 2014 9:25PM
  • Mantiss
    Mantiss
    Sorcerer
    Rolled a Dunmer Sorc on Daggerfall, but playing it like a Thane from DAoC. Rocking mostly heavy armor with medium and light thrown in just to keep the skills going up.
    Mainly use dual wield, but swap to my destruction staff as needed. The spells are amazingly fun and I try to keep everything melee/AoE focused with one nuke for finishing or burst.
    Already working up my tanking line of skills and really liking this. I will admit that my alt will be a Nightblade though, they lack synergies but is so damn fun for solo play. Should also be great gankers in PvP.
  • Beryl
    Beryl
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    It is cool to see nearly equal distribution between the classes!
    Templar here. A healing one.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    The more votes, the more even it gets. Nightblade is still in the lead, but the percentage of them are getting less. The other three are virtually the same.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Hellbane
    Hellbane
    Dragonknight
    I went with the Dragon Knight it's a lot of fun. I'm quite surprised to see the night blade winning.

I've been meaning to ask can we respec our health/stam/magicka as well as our skill points?
    Captain Hellbane of the Dominion at your service.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Hellbane wrote: »
    I went with the Dragon Knight it's a lot of fun. I'm quite surprised to see the night blade winning.

I've been meaning to ask can we respec our health/stam/magicka as well as our skill points?

Yes.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My second character will be a DK.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Really surprised to see Sorcerer last...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer with pets here.
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Inversus wrote: »
    Classes reasonably even. Ironic that a lot of people said nightblades were weak, but they're one of the most played class.

Those are the same people who play rogues in WoW and expect a uncloak one shot stun lock recloak faceroll class.

• F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Always played rogue-like mage hybrid in previous TES series (Sneak, Marksman, Illusion, Destruction, Alteration) and came to conclusion that Sorcerer class is almost completely incapable of getting the advantage of Sneak Shadow/Assassination skills. In other way, going with Nightblade seem like you lose close to nothing in magic abilities, you still have Destruction-staff and Mages Guild skill trees that are NOT class exclusive. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd appreciate that. (No, I didn't go the "summon-for-distraction" route ever).
  • PhilippSarnes
    Templar
    I started with a Templar, cause i like the skill trees. I start with the dmg skills and later i will go a little bit more to the healing skills. Cause i play it with my brother and he play a DK tank, so at this time we do not really need the healing stuff, but i think later we will need it.
  • dkrleza
    dkrleza
    Soul Shriven
    Sorcerer
    DPS Battle Mage. Heavy Armor, Greatsword and bunch of lightning / destruction spells.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    In the end i ended up changing , im going templar , not nightblade.

Atleast i think im :P heh.

My fav weapon is the lance , i thought it would not make much dif having it only being a skill tree , but even then it is still awesome to use it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Nadeir
    Nadeir
    Soul Shriven
    Nightblade
    I'm still unsure started a Redguard NB till lvl 8 then a High Elf Sorceror.Now a Bosmer NB still not sure:/
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade archer. The only thing my goop needed. Loving it so far!
    I live for science!
  • Aureli
    Aureli
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer with a bow, because a staff is too cliché.
  • xerxen
    xerxen
    Nightblade
    Love bows and stealth. But I will train Resto staff for some support healing
    Edited by xerxen on April 1, 2014 9:24AM
  • Raice
    Raice
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    In Beta, I played a Nightblade and really enjoyed playing with a Bow and Stealth.

My first character I made was an Argonian Templar in Daggerfall Cov. I got him to lvl 6 before I decided I wasn't enjoying it. I was doing sword and board and half and half DW and Healing. Maybe I was split too thin, but really what happened was I went against what I initially wanted to play which was a straight up S&B + Healing. For some reason, I got caught up in a guide or two, and they all said Dawn's Wrath is the beez-neez. Oh well... I abandoned this character.

So then I made a new character and was determined to go against the grain. So, I made a Redguard Sorcerer that uses 2-Handed weapons and both Light, Medium, and Heavy armor. I'm loving it.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorc, Heavy/Light armor mix, and Resto staff as primary... only weapon right now actually.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer Healer
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Zilyana
    Zilyana
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    I went Dragon Knight, using Draconic skill line and Heavy/Medium armor mix. Sword/Shield for weaponry. Finding solo to be fairly painful especially for the 1v1 boss fights, seems to be getting stronger getting closer to lvl 20.
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer all the way :) I love my Clannfear
  • TheladBible
    Sorcerer
    Went for a Sorcerer in the end! Was hoping for a Ranger class of some kind though!