Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things you'd like to see in your house

kypranb14_ESO
kypranb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Personally I'd like to see the following for starters:
- Wayshrine, for traveling out.
- Crafting Writ Boards, To accept my crafting writs from my house, the most convenient place to complete them. A turn in location could be cool to have too.
- Stablemaster, To train my alts horses in the most convenient way possible.

Anyone else have suggestions or requests?
  • LanceFoxMcCloud
    LanceFoxMcCloud
    ✭✭✭
    More item space!!!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lusty elven maid.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Configurable Environment
    Allow the owner to choose to either adhere to the standard Tamriel day/night/weather cycle or to override the Time of Day and/or Weather with fixed selections (i.e. Always Night time, Always Stormy weather).

Ability-supported Collision
    Update existing class/weapon/guild abilities to support collision detection for players' furnishings. The goal would be to eliminate plummeting to your death or becoming lodged in furniture when hit with a javelin or Dragon Leap in a player's arena.

Housing Editor "Browse Mode" Furniture Context Menu
    Add a right-click Context Menu to the furniture listed in the Furniture Browser portion of the Housing Editor. This context menu could present the player with the relevant options for the selected furnishing, such as:
    - Configurable settings for a Switch
    - Roaming options for an NPC
    - Lock Conditions for a Door

Truly Interactive Furnishings
    The existing interactive furnishings are great; however, it would be amazing if we also had items that could interact with one another or take effect on the player that used the item (or even on a player targeted by the player using the item). For example:
    - Switches (like those added in Clockwork City) and Pressure Plates that can control other items.
    - Doors, Trap Doors and Gates that can be opened/closed and even possibly locked based on switches.
    - Linked Teleport Runes that jump the player between one another.
    - I would also refer to Fallout 4's Settlement system for additional examples (and, of course, adapted to Elder Scrolls lore).

Free-roaming NPCs
    Ideally, these could be tethered to a player-defined origin with a configurable radius.
    Ancillary options could include:
    - Aggressive/Non-Aggressive
    - Combat Role (Offensive/Support/etc)
    - Configurable Dialog or Greeting (written only, of course)
    - Configurable Outfits or Styles.

...oh, and the obvious, requisite (and very reasonable) request for an order of magnitude increase in furniture limits.
    Edited by R_K on March 26, 2018 11:40AM
  • MrWesleyPipes
    MrWesleyPipes
    ✭✭✭
    more item space. done with housing until i get more item space.
  • necr0o
    necr0o
    ✭✭✭
    In home bard and toggled night/day and weather cycle
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A simple straight wooden planks and beams, and not as a "luxury" or "Crown" furniture.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stablemaster i think everyone would love.

more space would be hailed as a win for players, and developers (why this hasnt happened is beyond me)

building simple structures kind of like what was in skyrim.

if your house does not have a stable for horses you can build one with a furniture plan.

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a toilet!
    and rooms, not just something like a stable where you must build your walls yourself.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Configurable Environment
    Allow the owner to choose to either adhere to the standard Tamriel day/night/weather cycle or to override the Time of Day and/or Weather with fixed selections (i.e. Always Night time, Always Stormy weather).

Ability-supported Collision
    Update existing class/weapon/guild abilities to support collision detection for players' furnishings. The goal would be to eliminate plummeting to your death or becoming lodged in furniture when hit with a javelin or Dragon Leap in a player's arena.

Housing Editor "Browse Mode" Furniture Context Menu
    Add a right-click Context Menu to the furniture listed in the Furniture Browser portion of the Housing Editor. This context menu could present the player with the relevant options for the selected furnishing, such as:
    - Configurable settings for a Switch
    - Roaming options for an NPC
    - Lock Conditions for a Door

Truly Interactive Furnishings
    The existing interactive furnishings are great; however, it would be amazing if we also had items that could interact with one another or take effect on the player that used the item (or even on a player targeted by the player using the item). For example:
    - Switches (like those added in Clockwork City) and Pressure Plates that can control other items.
    - Doors, Trap Doors and Gates that can be opened/closed and even possibly locked based on switches.
    - Linked Teleport Runes that jump the player between one another.
    - I would also refer to Fallout 4's Settlement system for additional examples (and, of course, adapted to Elder Scrolls lore).

Free-roaming NPCs
    Ideally, these could be tethered to a player-defined origin with a configurable radius.
    Ancillary options could include:
    - Aggressive/Non-Aggressive
    - Combat Role (Offensive/Support/etc)
    - Configurable Dialog or Greeting (written only, of course)
    - Configurable Outfits or Styles.

...oh, and the obvious, requisite (and very reasonable) request for an order of magnitude increase in furniture limits.

I´m all in for this suggestions, but in special i like the configurable enviroment one.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    a toilet!
    and rooms, not just something like a stable where you must build your walls yourself.

that would help with things like cold harbor

but it would open up ideas, where you could buy a plot of land and build your own house
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Working Sundial
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    c0rrzqy8bmpw.jpeg
    zu47k6po9it4.jpeg
    o0jvbteuwigs.jpeg
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with 99.5% of all the above.
    • It would be amazing if we could add on "rooms" or spaces to existing housing. As in they would have to rework/add on bits to housing, but you unlock them with in game gold...or crowns if ya wanna. Give the player a feeling of creating your own space fully. Adding on a tower there...or a basement/dungeon here.....just a thought. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My other characters available as services, so I could interact with their inventories. Would make inventory management so much less time consuming.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Open-PVP setting that, if toggled on, causes your damage to affect anyone not in a group with you. This would allow XvX, Grand Melee, or any number of possibilities.

Edited for typos
    Edited by GimpyPorcupine on March 26, 2018 2:01PM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to group-queue into Cyrodiil from your home. Tried it, doesn't work.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess Mannequins are a reasonable wish as we had them in previous TES games and already have them in ESO outside of housing. As far as I know they have actually been mentioned by ZOS at some point.

For a more complicated wish, customizable NPCs would be awesome. Stuff like guards, bards, cooks, argonian slaves etc.
    Edited by FakeFox on March 26, 2018 2:08PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I guess Mannequins are a reasonable wish as we had them in previous TES games and already have them in ESO outside of housing. As far as I know they have actually been mentioned by ZOS at some point.

For a more complicated wish, customizable NPCs would be awesome. Stuff like guards, bards, cooks, argonian slaves etc.

Bookshelves like the ones in Skyrim, which could be used to store the Mages' Guild reprints.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Cadwell could come and live with us. I think if you have completed Cadwell's Gold you should get the opportunity to invite Cadwell to come live with you. I go to the harborage on occasion just to check in on him and to see if his dialog has changed. I feel bad that we took him from Coldharbor and now he just sits there in that cave all alone.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Cadwell could come and live with us. I think if you have completed Cadwell's Gold you should get the opportunity to invite Cadwell to come live with you. I go to the harborage on occasion just to check in on him and to see if his dialog has changed. I feel bad that we took him from Coldharbor and now he just sits there in that cave all alone.

Well, I´m sure he doesn´t realize the pass of time.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People. :'(

• slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, obviously more housing space would be the biggest priority. Especially when taking in account the price and increased size/volume of space in the most recently introduced houses (ET sanctuary, red guard palace) the current 600/700 cap is just unarguably too low to justifiably to sell or purchase them. Fortunately, with the recent removal of 32 bit I think we are much more likely to see a considerable increase - hopefully sooner than later.

Aside from that, here’s some of the things I’d like to see added:

1.) a House Trader - the ability to have something essentially equivalent to the function of a Guild Trader but isn’t guild-affiliated and would therefore not require listing fees, but it’s contents would only be accessible to players via visiting that persons house. Needless to say, If something like this was to be added Id think it would need to be significantly difficult/expensive to acquire.
    This would-
    a) incentivize players to visit others’ houses and allow for those who enjoy the idea of owning/building a “shop” to actually be able to do so.
    b) increases the number of sales listings a player, or rather creates a new platform to do so.

2) more foundational furnish items for constructing creative structures (and better ones too for that matter - planks that are actually flat and filled in - grates and walling that aren’t bent or have holes in them.)

3) an actual ship house. Though players have created their own ships - myself included :)

Those are at least the ones that currently come to mind !
    Edited by slicksteezin on March 27, 2018 11:06PM
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reason to visit my houses.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..pile of hay and a gate/fence for stable and maybe other fencing options. ....just made post about this before I saw this one.

Oh, how about an option to set a secondary home that friends could port to as well?
    Edited by Cavedog on March 28, 2018 4:46AM
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Agree with 99.5% of all the above.
    • It would be amazing if we could add on "rooms" or spaces to existing housing. As in they would have to rework/add on bits to housing, but you unlock them with in game gold...or crowns if ya wanna. Give the player a feeling of creating your own space fully. Adding on a tower there...or a basement/dungeon here.....just a thought. :)

I want basements. Serious.
    Even the smallest dwellings in the real world can have decent sized basements.
    Adding basements to ESO houses (especially the smallest ones) would allow the players to put their storage coffers there, without ruining the design of their homes (because let's admit it, these coffers are awful and do not integrate well with the rest).

PC EU
    Healer
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This too, perhaps ...?

Erupting Geyser in Stonefalls (0:18)
    default.jpg?sqp=CLiP79UF&rs=AOn4CLCL3j6_hcAC2xU4YWZgBkstgzSYdw
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walls. Floors. Ceilings. Literally anything that's nicer looking than wooden planks everywhere. Number one ask, right here.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.