Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the Crafting Bag be an account upgrade in the Crown Store?

• Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'd have zero objections! That way I and many many others who only sub for the craft bag can immediately and permanently drop our subs.

Though with the loss of so many subs, which for Zos subs means residual income they can count on, Zos will have to find a new way to cover those losses because you know, businesses need revenue to continue to operate ya know?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Certainly I don't object to the idea of being able to buy it, I just don't see Zenimax doing that.
    Sevn wrote: »
    Though with the loss of so many subs, which for Zos subs means residual income they can count on, Zos will have to find a new way to cover those losses because you know, businesses need revenue to continue to operate ya know?

A note on this argument: ZOS is going to look to create more revenue streams regardless of whether or not they lose one. Just look at the overpriced Outfit slots. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Craft Bag should be added to account after 24 months of ESO+ membership. After 36 months of ESO+ should add Double Bank slots, 48 months home storage should double.
    Edited by neverwalk on March 25, 2018 4:58PM
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This is the main reason why a lot of people sub.
    With the intro of "chapters" the value of content from ESO+ has dropped significantly. Considering how often ZOS has DLC sales it would often be cheaper now to just buy the DLC instead of renting it through +.

So, ZOS will never make craft bag a separate item, it's way too lucrative for them.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I wouldn't be against a scaled down craft bag for direct purchase, maybe with a limit to how much could be stored in it.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    neverwalk wrote: »
    Craft Bag should be added to account after 24 months of ESO+ membership.

The more barriers to entry a game has, the faster its going to die.
    If an artificial barrier like that existed, it would discourage new players from starting. No one likes being treated like a second class citizen in a game.

A game without new players is a dead man walking.
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Dumbest business move possible would be to make it a CS upgrade, I and many others sub only for the craft bag.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    craftbag is why I sub
    PC
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    200.gif
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Never going to happen. It’s 80% of the reason anyone subscribe. The other 20% is double bank space. But double is nothing compared the the 300 or so crafting materials. Besides I’m fine with paying the monthly for a game I enjoy.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'd cancel.

But I think ESO needs to go back to Required Subs anyway.
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't vote because I'm not firmly on either side of the debate.

I sub for three reasons: craft bag, doubled bank/bag space, and to support the company that employs a friend of mine. I don't actually play enough to warrant the cash outlay, but as a hoarder I would find it impossible to play without the craft bag and difficult without the inventory space (I know this to be true because inventory management took up most of my play time before those perks arrived and I simply won't log in if I have to go back to that). So if it weren't for my friend, I'd probably start a sub any time I felt like playing, and drop it during the stretches when I didn't, and if I could have better QoL inventory without an ongoing sub I likely would find a way to save some dollars.

Thus for me personally, being able to do a one time expense to get the benefits for which I currently must pay monthly would be lovely, so I'd be on the side of changing it up to allow that. But for the game overall, subs need to be encouraged. Preferably with some other incentives added now that Chapters and Outfitting have given no nods to subbers.
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    No
    My main reason for being plus player isnt the bag. It is nice but I do it to support the comany. I enjoy the game and feel they deserve the sub to pay for it. Nothing is free in life and I see nothing wrong with paying a small fee to play.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They locked in their decision last year.
    They chose a replica Craft Bag as a housing item to represent ESO+ membership.
    In its description they continued Craft Bag as a proper noun.
    This eliminated both additional forms of the bag and alternative acquisition.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/display-craft-bag/

The proposal for change has no evidence to support it.

signing off
  • Adambaker25
    Adambaker25
    ✭✭
    No
    The crafting bag is the only reason i stayed subbed to ESO+..
    If they added this i would buy the crafting bag and cancel my sub and as someone said already in this post it would be good for me but bad for ZoS..
    [PS4/EU] CP 1088
    Dixie Normous MagBlade PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] DC
    Jab-Jab Binks MagPlar/Mastercrafter PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] EP
    Power Surge StamSorc PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] AD
    Black Panther StamSorc PvP AD
    High Voltage MagSorc PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] EP
    Tank Me Daddy MagDK PvE [Voice of Reason/Divayth Fry's Coadjutor] AD
    Xenon MagSorc PvP [Former Emperor] AD
    Tabella MagBlade PvE AD
    Xanthos StamDK PvP AD
    Subzero MagDen PvE AD
    Morning Glory StamBlade PvP AD
    Flappy Flapp StamDK PvE [Blackrose Executioner] AD
    You're A Lizard Harry MagDen PvP AD
    Praise The Sun StamPlar PvP AD
    Panther Stamblade PvE AD
    Xenon StamNecro PvP AD
    Kowalski StamPlar PvP DC
    Sawllow Sould PvP EP [Former Emperor] AD

Trials I've Completed
    VAA -=+=- VSO -=+=- VHRC -=+=- VMOL -=+=- VHOF -=+=- VAS HM-=+=-VBRP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. The crafting bag has ALWAYS been an abomination and a slap in the face to DLC purchasers since the day it was launched.

A lot of people here seem to forget that when "Tamriel Unlimited" was launched, subbing and purchasing were marketed as equally viable. It wasn't until much later, after a bunch of us had already invested a lot of money into DLC purchases, that ZOS pulled a fast one and made subbing the better value. I feel cheated every time I pay for ESO+ for the bag and the extra slots, because now I'm RENTING DLC content that I already PAID FOR!!!

A DLC crafting bag is not only necessary, it is long overdue.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly I don't object to the idea of being able to buy it, I just don't see Zenimax doing that.
    Sevn wrote: »

A note on this argument: ZOS is going to look to create more revenue streams regardless of whether or not they lose one. Just look at the overpriced Outfit slots. :\

Couldn't agree more! Now imagine what they would charge if they lost tons of subs?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I’m going with yes but I would have too compare the revenue of people currently having subs for it vs people who would buy it in the store. Regardless I will keep my sub so doesn’t effect me much either way.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I want them to have people subscribe. Without craft bags, many fewer people would subscribe.
  • Ggrab
    Ggrab
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think they should just add mini-crafting bag with limited slot and 5 upgrades

5500 Crown for a 500/500 slot crafting bag

Then 2000 crown per upgrade for a total of 1000/1000

It seem like it be the fair thing for both type of players
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The guild limit should be <server pop>+1k, absolutely sick of trade guild hopping so that I can use somewhere to sell to other players

This way we can all be in "Auction House" & it can hire all the traders & 1 PvP per faction plus a social/progression/rp guild or any combination of our choice!
    Edited by Gythral on March 25, 2018 8:13PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. It should be a part of the base game for free.
    The Moot Councillor
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it should in the same increments as the bank slots.

I’m O K with eso plus being unlimited and crown purchases being limited.

There are other benefits eso should have instead of this.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    ZOS shouldn't take away benefits from loyal subscribers just to appease everyone.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    You think crown store and Expansion prices are bad right now. They would be even higher due to the lost revenue from the closed sub's.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The subscription value is rather thin without the craft bag. And this game needs the revenue of subscriptions or just watch the microtransactions REALLY get out of control.

In fact, with the biggest chunk of new content each year requiring a separate cash purchase, the value of ESO+ really needs to be buffed, not nerfed.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Subbing provides an ongoing income source for ZOS. If they made the craft bag available as a one off purchase they would lose a truck load of subscribers. Happy to keep on subbing here but I'd hate to lose my only real benefit.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    ESO+ Craft Bag is the only reason I have ESO+. Make that available to all and ZOS will lose ESO+ Membership.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Absolutely. I'm never going to pay for ESO+. I buy all my content outright and if I were to pay for ESO+, I'd only be getting the inventory benefits along with some cosmetic things that I don't care about. It's a huge talking point as to why people should not play this game and frankly I agree with them. A huge portion of the game is a massive headache to experience without the crafting bag and in a world where there's so many great free2play games with great business models, I can't in good conscience recommend the game anymore.

Everything is monetized. Does a pillar of the game really need to be gimped to the point where they make it a huge headache to do it without coughing up an additional $15/mo? At this point, just make the game pay2play again because this is egregious as hell.

Let me repeat this. I will NEVER pay for ESO+. They can either let me sink $50 in crowns into a crafting bag upgrade or I'll just continue ignoring crafting in the game and have someone else do all the crafting for me.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would not mind. It is the only reason I sub. I hate inventory management, the game. Give me some other benefit or reduce cost of sub. They will still get my money! DLC, Chapters, cool hats. I'm in.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.