Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the Crafting Bag be an account upgrade in the Crown Store?

Okiir
Okiir
✭✭✭
Would you like to see the Crafting Bag (unlimited storage for crafting materials) added as a one-time transaction in the Crown Store?

Why, or why not?
Edited by Okiir on March 25, 2018 11:02AM

Should the Crafting Bag be an account upgrade in the Crown Store? 299 votes

Yes
32%
Anthony_ArndtGilvothNewBlacksmurfcalitrumanb14_ESOdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESODaveMoeDeeDanikattimb16_ESO85MrGrimOkiirdennissomb16_ESOmakrethnight_shade3eb17_ESOphaneub17_ESORosveenfalcasternub18_ESOczarsrfrogg23TroneonBloodWolfe 96 votes
No
67%
SirAndyvailjohn_ESOElventRykothOakmontowls_ESOck37090SBCAcrolasashenehb14_ESOdannymcgr81b14_ESOArobainDysturbedGreevirHanokihsRDMyers65b14_ESOKendaricTryxusHrogunIruil_ESODhukath 203 votes
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    This is one of THE big incentives to sub, so im gonna say no.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If they did I would cancel my subscription (good for me, bad for ZoS).
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, if separated into different sections.
    • alchemy
    • blacksmithing
    • clothing
    • enchanting
    • fishing
    • housing
    • jewelrycrafting
    • provisioning
    • woodworking
    Each category would cost 3-5k crowns.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no objections provided they added something of equal value to ESO+. Because having it purchasable in CS would devalue and damage the appeal of ESO+ considerably.

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Its my only reason to be subbed right now.
    Looking at last years dlc content:
    Housing: was free.
    Morrowind: had to buy it anyways.
    Dungeon DLC: would have skipped (and gained grp finder advantage)
    Clockwork City: would have bought. (2k crowns) Or checked if one month sub is cheaper.

Concerning the "free access to all the dlc content" it doesnt feel like i get much for my sub. Free crowns r nice, but r stacking up, as theres rarely anything in crownstore i like. Craft Bag makes it totally worth it for me.

Edit: I'd profit alot from a one time purchase craft bag. but zos wouldn't. thus it'd be another step towards f2p ripoff cashshop bs.
    Edited by eso_nya on March 25, 2018 11:14AM
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    same questions been asked a million times.

Same answer from most, myself included is that the ONLY reason I sub is for the craft bag.

I have a ton of gold, max level etc, nothing else is worth the monthly sub for ME.

Sure the double bank space is nice, but for me isn't worth the monthly sub.

They hit the jackpot with the craft bag.

Of course I would like the option to buy it, but their income would plummet if they ever did this (hence would have far less money to invest in future game enhancements etc ) and they are fully aware of that.

Edited by Ojustaboo on March 25, 2018 11:16AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Value per month is about 1500 crowns. It can be in there if the price is right. I would suggest assuming 3 years. Price should be 55k crowns.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like it to be sold separately because I don't think it's worth subscribing for but if I could get it with a one-time payment I probably would (depending on how much it cost).

But it will never happen because so many people say that's their main/sole reason for subscribing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    it sorta is. under eso+
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, if we want the game to stay alive.
    This is the only reason to keep subscription.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Now the only *real* DLC content is sold rather than available for the sub the craft bag is one of the few real perks we get.

Personally I'm not sure I'd bother with the dungeon DLCs as the constant messing with skills has left me apathetic about working on my DPS, taking or healing. That and the constant exploiting has left me unwilling to care about PvP anymore too.

So basically I get 1 light content drop a year for my sub which I could eaily retask the money and get directly for crowns.

Therefore dyeing (just emasculated in the Outfits changes) and craft bags are about the only reason not to drop my sub right now.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not gonna happen! They would lose so many subs including mine.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Okiir
    Okiir
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Now the only *real* DLC content is sold rather than available for the sub the craft bag is one of the few real perks we get.

Personally I'm not sure I'd bother with the dungeon DLCs as the constant messing with skills has left me apathetic about working on my DPS, taking or healing. That and the constant exploiting has left me unwilling to care about PvP anymore too.

So basically I get 1 light content drop a year for my sub which I could eaily retask the money and get directly for crowns.

Therefore dyeing (just emasculated in the Outfits changes) and craft bags are about the only reason not to drop my sub right now.

Wouldn't it then be better to drop the sub and buy a Crafting Bag upgrade if that was an alternative?
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Since ESO plus no longer gives players access to all content I would be much happier to simply buy a one time crafting bag access just like the bank merchant etc. The move to "chapters" for me personally has killed any real value ESO plus had.

I have no problem paying for real expansions for an MMO ( I have purchased many an expansion in games like GW2, WoW, Rift, etc.) but the ESO model is nothing more then DLCs that ESO plus members still have to pay for getting no value from subscribing
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Don't give them another reason to add more microtranctions. There are too many in game already.
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.
    If they would make it an upgrade, they would lose a lot of subs.
    which would mean, they would have to add even more bonuses to the sub to increase the amount of subs again.
    i think, in the end that would be worse for all non-subs.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like to see it, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s probably one of the biggest incentives to subscribe and I don’t see Zos giving that up.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not gunna happen as salty subscribers over the past 2 years wouldn't want non sub peasants to get it.

Plus for the majority I know, the craftbag is their sole reason for subbing
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on March 25, 2018 12:20PM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've subbed for the last 2 years and no idea why anyone would be against this. A one off payment in any walk of life is always preferable to a monthly rolling cost. I understand why ZoS wouldn't do it as it would be the death knell for the sub for many people. Myself included. I pay £120 a year for it and even a 10k one off crown payment would be better value.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just the fact that this question gets asked means that the answer is "No." :neutral:

It means that it is working as part of the subscription part of the game.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, craft bag is pretty much the only reason I, and I'm sure many others, subscribe. Wouldn't make sense for Zos to change that
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't even sub, but I agree that the crafting bag is one of the primary reasons I even consider doing a subscription. I can buy nearly everything else that comes with a sub in some form or another.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If I could somehow exclude the DLC dungeons from my random dailies, I would subscribe to ESO Plus every once in a while for the Crafting Bag option. It's an amazing feature for altaholics and hoarders, its something to consider paying into separately for those who want it without the extra filler that comes with it.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I've subbed for the last 2 years and no idea why anyone would be against this. A one off payment in any walk of life is always preferable to a monthly rolling cost. I understand why ZoS wouldn't do it as it would be the death knell for the sub for many people. Myself included. I pay £120 a year for it and even a 10k one off crown payment would be better value.

You pretty much just explained why some of us are against this. ZOS would need some new revenue stream to offset this.

I want the game to be profitable so ZOS keeps growing it.
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not gunna happen as salty subscribers over the past 2 years wouldn't want non sub peasants to get it.

Plus for the majority I know, the craftbag is their sole reason for subbing

This.

Signed,
    Would be a salty subber.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Okiir wrote: »
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

Wouldn't it then be better to drop the sub and buy a Crafting Bag upgrade if that was an alternative?

I get your point but no - my impression is that when the game was sub only there was less cheating and the overall tone of the community was better. People value something they pay for more than something they don't and tend to behave better as a result. Thus overall I support the idea of subs and therefore I believe the sub needs to have sufficient value to encourage more people to sub.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • xXSilverDragonXx
    xXSilverDragonXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They won't put it there because it's the only thing of any true substantial value these days in ESO plus. Yes you get bank space but you can get coffers. Yes you get crowns but they aren't much. Yes you get DLC access but most I know play through that in a month or two and it's not like any of them can't be bought anyway. Everything else in plus is laughable. So craft bag is all they have going for them and they know it. Another fact, they sent out questionnaires asking about plus and what would make it better or worth it. Why? Subs are declining. They have a huge turnover in this game.

Subs were meant to be the bread and butter. They can't charge it to play because they would lose millions who pay in crowns for things. But they have to make it appealing in some way while also making sure they don't give you enough that they can't milk you more it seems.

I unsubbed and am quite happy without it. Really, paying real dollars for the equivalent of in game mat storage is a scam. Nothing else is really all that great. And considering it's around $15? That's insane. Netflix and hulu are cheaper and they provide IMO something far better and far costlier to them considering they have to license all of their stuff at some probably hefty prices. ESO needs a reality check.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

You pretty much just explained why some of us are against this. ZOS would need some new revenue stream to offset this.

I want the game to be profitable so ZOS keeps growing it.

They could allocate some of the CC profits to the ongoing cost of the game. Keeps everyone happy. Anything that saves me money is a no brainer. Money is better in my account than in some large corps.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Sure, but I'd cancel my sub
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes