Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are the minions worth it?

TPSou
TPSou
Just spent a skill point on the mining minion last night - any know from beta whether they're actually a big help or not? Iron seems fairly easy to find, even with the massive population in the early zones, but I'm more interested in the 'other' items they can apparently get you.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    No one from beta could really fully give you an answer on this. You should find out by today if the first level minions are worth it.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minions/Hirelings gahter material for you, but you have also the chance for special weapons, improving material, even the high end stuff. And it is free, sent daily to you. And you will have plenty of skillpoints. So yes, I think it is totally worth it.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • inephilimi
    inephilimi
    Soul Shriven
    My minion has gotten me some Iron, and Moonstone, which isn't bad considering. As you level up, you get more from it (I am level 8 and that was my first days gain from him/her)
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    My GF spent a point there as well - will find out today how it works out :smile:
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    My minions better bring me something nice ... or it's their "employment" that is in discussion ;)
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you sack them? - I would love that.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    you cant stack them, but the later levels give a higher chance to give you higher level crafting material and they give you the materials twice a day.
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Any idea how long it takes for them to start bringing you things? Is it a full 24 hours after purchase?
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to sack mine but the sacker was sacked and until I can find a suitable sacker to sack the sackers I am out of luck. I did get a point in it in beta and received usually some ore and some gems.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    I only used one for enchanting during beta, but yes, he was totally worth employing. And amusing with tales of his misadventures as a bonus.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea how long it takes for them to start bringing you things? Is it a full 24 hours after purchase?

I took the Miner Hireling perk yesterday evening at about 22:00 i guess. And logged in at 16:00 today i had gotten some stuff from a very overentusiastic Nord! :D
    PC EU
  • TwistedRiddlesb14_ESO
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »

I took the Miner Hireling perk yesterday evening at about 22:00 i guess. And logged in at 16:00 today i had gotten some stuff from a very overentusiastic Nord! :D

Do you just get a mail? I'll keep an eye on my mailbox.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    yes, in the mail.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    The items come in the mail with a 24 hour cooldown timer. Also note that it is VERY worth it. The metal is not the big deal... what is awesome is they will also send you the tempers (Rare things to improve the items.)

These tempers are pretty rare. They do not drop in the world and the only way to get them is by breaking things down or with a hireling. On my crafting main I have 5 skill points total and three off them went into the hirelings... one for metal, one for cloth/leather, and one for wood. The other two are for fighting skills.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Skellan
    Skellan
    I cant say if it is worth it because i just have one point in cloth/leather .. today i got 4 pieces of jute from it .. well have to see over the next couple of days
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Only "problem" I foresee with the hirelings is that the great, rare things they give you will not stack with other stuff you have, so you have yet MORE inventory space clogged up with things you cannot use yet.

Inventory space issues REALLY hit hard Sunday and Monday; I have five characters to spread materials around, so each one has about half their inventory free for looted stuff (including resources that I will then transfer through the bank to their proper "holding mules")...
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    With the chance at rare daily mats.. not doing it is fallacy.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Temper materials.... a chance at purple and gold temper materials at high level with out breaking things down..... yes, towards endgame they are super worth it.
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    Only "problem" I foresee with the hirelings is that the great, rare things they give you will not stack with other stuff you have, so you have yet MORE inventory space clogged up with things you cannot use yet.

Inventory space issues REALLY hit hard Sunday and Monday; I have five characters to spread materials around, so each one has about half their inventory free for looted stuff (including resources that I will then transfer through the bank to their proper "holding mules")...

You are able to buy more bag and bank space. In beta we were able to have 200 slots on your person. At low levels it might get rather expensive as the cost substantially goes up each time (400g for first 10, 2000g or so for next ten).

• TheBusStop
    TheBusStop
    ✭✭

You know that when you put your crafting materials in your bank, you can still access them from a crafting station. This way they won't clutter your inventory.
    It is rather handy
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    My enchanter hireling brought me a single white rune. LOL
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Allonan
    Allonan
    ✭✭✭
    The hirelings are random on what they give you. But as you put in more ranks they get better. Also over the life of the game it is a crazy amount of stuff they send you up to twice a day with the perks filled in.
    Nothing is impossible... there are only differing degrees of probability.
  • Riny01
    Riny01
    ✭✭✭
    In beta there was a chance of receiving rare mats that you don't necessarily come across yourself.
  • Artemys_Knight
    I've gotten 2 Legendary improvement items for BSM so far with my level 1 minion. Definately worth it
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    First item sent to me was a legendary temper for cloth.
  • cpmworknrb19_ESO
    YES!!!! last night my blacksmithing hireling gave me the legendary temper.. ( i know this is a rare thing but yea)
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    Well I orginally did not think it was worth it, but now... seeing what people have said in this post, it seems worth it for sure. B)
  • Crosswielder
    Guessing that the Legendary tempurs at low level is like the level 50 recipes dropping from level 8 targets. But hold on to them. You will want everything you can get from them in time.
  • inephilimi
    inephilimi
    Soul Shriven
    Level 2 minion - has brought me 2 books so far on the other race styles. Not bad for 5 days of work! :)
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is a good thing that level 1 characters are getting Legendary drops from this...multiple times...