The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I'm also getting "Error 102 - DownloadError_InvalidMetafile"

Nibkins
Nibkins
Soul Shriven
I'm also getting the Error 102 when opening the launcher and trying to patch. Clicking "Repair" also gives the same error. I've tried all the official troubleshoot steps without any success.
I've seen some have bypassed the error by using a VPN. I'm reluctant to trying this, as it's not a permanent solution. This issue happened today after the maintenance. The fault doesn't seem to be on the user end as far as I can tell.

I'm wondering if ZOS are aware and working on fixing this, or if there is any other way you can help me (and others with the same issue) to successfully patch the game and log in?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you multiply existing threads? This is the main topic about the problem and you should post there :/
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Answer ✓
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a VPN. Seriously, I tried everything for half a day and nothing worked. Then downloaded a VPN software, used it, updated smoothly and just uninstalled the VPN again.

While I agree it's not an optimal solution, it beats not being able to play for days due to this.
  • Nibkins
    Nibkins
    Soul Shriven
    My bad. You're right. I'll post there instead. :)
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Use a VPN. Seriously, I tried everything for half a day and nothing worked. Then downloaded a VPN software, used it, updated smoothly and just uninstalled the VPN again.

While I agree it's not an optimal solution, it beats not being able to play for days due to this.

@Carbonised could I bug you for some advise? Downloaded tunnelbear and connected it to the UK (originally from Germany) and the error just changed to a 210. Which country did you connect to? Or any tips for a vpn noob? L2vpn :)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »

@Carbonised could I bug you for some advise? Downloaded tunnelbear and connected it to the UK (originally from Germany) and the error just changed to a 210. Which country did you connect to? Or any tips for a vpn noob? L2vpn :)

Hah, not sure I'm the right person to ask for this, it was actually the first time I used a VPN, just armed with determination and Google.

I believe it was a UK server I connected to, but you can try various locations until it works out I guess.
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol fair enough, will keep trying. Thanks for the response!
  • Kannayael
    Kannayael
    The VPN is just a Option if you not need a full install ... it cant be that a costumer need a IP Hider to download the Patch.
  • Truenacho
    Truenacho
    Soul Shriven
    Just called my ISP, they dont offer IP hiding services.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there are currently multiple threads open about patching issues, we've decided to close this thread. If you wish to continue discussing this subject, please feel free to do so in this thread. Listed below are helpful articles and threads with troubleshooting for the different errors coming up.

You can also open a support ticket with customer service for further investigation if those steps do not help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.