Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help, Crime Pays co-ords inaccurate

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Can someone please help? I'm looking for the exact locations of the Crime Pays merchant in Alik'r Desert, and the Destinations locations are wrong, I think because of the map shrinking. But I've searched the entire surrounding areas around the inaccurate locations and still can't find it, its very frustrating :(
Edited by AefionBloodclaw on March 22, 2018 1:34PM
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mean the thieves guild areas where you can pay to remove your bounty? It's right near the bridge in Vivec city to the right down below as soon as you hit that bridge leading to the Writs, for Morrowind atleast.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on March 22, 2018 1:31PM
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I stopped hunting for those Achievements but never asked myself why they sometimes appear or not, maybe there is a special chance or maybe another player already triggered the NPC ... hmm
    Maybe come back later to that location? not sure if that would help tho
    *shrugs*
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    You mean the thieves guild areas where you can pay to remove your bounty? It's right near the bridge in Vivec city to the right down below as soon as you hit that bridge leading to the Writs, for Morrowind atleast.

Nah, there's an achievement for finding this wandering merchant in each zone, and you intimate him to get stuff off him. I have this mod Destinations that gives the locations, but its inaccurate for Alik'r desert.

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Nah, there's an achievement for finding this wandering merchant in each zone, and you intimate him to get stuff off him. I have this mod Destinations that gives the locations, but its inaccurate for Alik'r desert.

Oh, woops lol
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »
    I stopped hunting for those Achievements but never asked myself why they sometimes appear or not, maybe there is a special chance or maybe another player already triggered the NPC ... hmm
    Maybe come back later to that location? not sure if that would help tho
    *shrugs*

Well I don't actually have the correct locations lol, the locations I do have from the Destinations mod are inaccurate.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destinations IS accurate.
    The thing is, these spawn locations are shared with other objectives and achievements (Give to the poor, Lightbringer) and they are just that : spawn locations. Whenever you go there, you can have a spawn for any of the three events - or no spawn at all. You just need to go to another spawn location, or wait... or come back later. It's RNG.
    It can happen that all spawn location are inactive. Just come back later and try your luck again.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, these spawn locations are shared with other objectives and achievements (Give to the poor, Lightbringer) and they are just that : spawn locations. Whenever you go there, you can have a spawn for any of the three events - or no spawn at all. You just need to go to another spawn location, or wait... or come back later. It's RNG.
    It can happen that all spawn location are inactive. Just come back later and try your luck again.

No, its NOT accurate in Alik'r Desert. I already read another forum post saying it was inaccurate because the desert size was changed.

• Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To OP. The Crime Pays achievement. They rotate between the three that you can get. If another player actives one, it will de-spawn as soon as they leave the immediate area. Not a lot is known about the spawn timer but when farming those, just plan on visiting all of the spawn locations because all three can and will spawn at all the locations. My theory is that they rotate which ones spawn and rotate locations. They may have a spawn cool down timer before they start rotating again.
    Edited by Fleshreaper on March 22, 2018 1:54PM
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This. Take a look at https://esomap.uesp.net/, search for crime pays and it will show you the position - last time i checked it was pretty accurate. And anitajoneb17_ESO is correct if you are unlucky you get another event and not the one you are looking for.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked the Destinations markers, and they do seem to have moved a bit to the right of the actual locations.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    To OP. The Crime Pays achievement. They rotate between the three that you can get. If another player actives one, it will de-spawn as soon as they leave the immediate area. Not a lot is known about the spawn timer but when farming those, just plan on visiting all of the spawn locations because all three can and will spawn at all the locations. My theory is that they rotate which ones spawn and rotate locations. They may have a spawn cool down timer before they start rotating again.

Yes, thanks for that but I need the actual locations. The Destinations locations for Alik'r desert are NOT accurate because of the shrinking of the map. I will have to check UESP.

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

^This. Take a look at https://esomap.uesp.net/, search for crime pays and it will show you the position - last time i checked it was pretty accurate. And anitajoneb17_ESO is correct if you are unlucky you get another event and not the one you are looking for.

One of the Crime Pays locations, according to Destinations, is in the ocean. And one of the M'aiq locations is in the mountains to the south where you can't go. They are inaccurate on that mod. I will have to check the UESP, which probably has the correct locations.

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the Crime Pays locations, according to Destinations, is in the ocean. And one of the M'aiq locations is in the mountains to the south where you can't go. They are inaccurate on that mod. I will have to check the UESP, which probably has the correct locations.

Well you insist on Destinations being inaccurate... are you sure the add-on is up to date ? Because as far as I know, Ayantir SnowmanDK fixed the "shrinked map" issues long ago. (with version 2.0.7).
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on March 22, 2018 2:51PM
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Well you insist on Destinations being inaccurate... are you sure the add-on is up to date ? Because as far as I know, Ayantir fixed the "shrinked map" issues long ago. (with version 2.0.7).

Yeah I updated my mod and those co ords in the ocean and in the mountains are still there in the wrong locations. But I have consulted the UESP locations which are correct, I found the campfire people in one of the locations. I may have to uninstall and reinstall the mod in case I haven't done something properly lol
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on March 22, 2018 2:36PM

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also found M'aiq at one of the UESP locations just then, verifying they are correct.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    check you have the latest version -. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html & also any comment of the addon there as well
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    check you have the latest version -. http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info667-Destinations.html & also any comment of the addon there as well

Ok so after reinstalling the mod the Destinations in Alik'r desert are matching those in the UESP lol /facepalm. Thanks all :blush: