Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, which class did you choose?

Inversus
Inversus
✭✭✭✭✭
Which class have you chosen to start with at launch?
Edited by Inversus on March 30, 2014 8:49PM
VR14 EH Sorc
VR1 AD NB Crafter

So, which class did you choose? 1976 votes

Sorcerer
22%
NyblingSirPuppingtonVonHatthatguyDantebabygirl97828_ESODaemonmudvayne7950_ESOAffrayerflintstoneThe_DrexillDaeneryscjhagie_ESOAureliLauraAevricGothicYarno9_ESOBubalobrowntallennmb.luce_ESO 449 votes
Dragonknight
22%
BaphometAldjorBrazenFoxmark.coogan_ESOsiriiven_ESOTrellDescantSwatchzIzzbanDramekKryborncwabell_ESODaddyBetaTestMorHawkaisriyth_ESOChuzpahmiked_1_ESOAlienPrimateAyianoyggdrasil1992_ESOeevilways 454 votes
Nightblade
29%
CastleJoelynecraranger_ESOAthikaMedwinSykotik_ESOLochabertyrak_ESOOtheym66_ESOKrybornMoonclawstephkisten_ESOYevoncrow_rat_ESOMoonchildeJalarisPodiscjwilke_ESOCremiceEnndr 583 votes
Templar
24%
TRRottinger_ESOKruppMallowayLadyletalSkookumStrythmws_95926_ESOOpioidmissbashfulfaceElonaDeathTrapBeastMarsammtnliverpoolBKTHNDRDuranBurnsjambam817_ESOarcticonrocket_ESOpantlessgnome_ESOricharddickharmer_ESO 490 votes
  • Decora
    Decora
    Templar
    I went with Templar and I'm going to focus on healing skills. People always need healers for groups!
  • Ehlnofey
    Ehlnofey
    Soul Shriven
    Templar
    Decora wrote: »
    I went with Templar and I'm going to focus on healing skills. People always need healers for groups!

Smart move; I haven't seen healers at all!
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Classes reasonably even. Ironic that a lot of people said nightblades were weak, but they're one of the most played class.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Brozgar
    Brozgar
    Nightblade
    I've started as a Redguard (for RP reasons) Sorcerer, switching between dual-weild daggers and a staff. However, magic combat felt so boring that I just couldn't resist and switched to a Nord Nightblade, switching between bow and dual-weild axes/swords. Combat feels much better, but I don't like it that much RP wise... I wish there would be spell-weaving for mages, like in Age of Conan - it was epic! Basically it prevents you from moving while you charge your powers over time and start to be really painful for others (although invulnerable if somebody gets behind).

Both of my choices are not 100% strict to the benefits (especially the Redguard mage), but I really hope that in this MMO it really will be possible to make a decent character in both PvE and PVP without any (or close to none) limits of how you develop it. So that while sacrificing stats I could get benefits in tactics. And most of all combat should be fun. I'd probably prefer to die more, but have more fun, than farm kills with boring 2-button tactics.
    Edited by Brozgar on March 31, 2014 6:42AM
  • Kroin
    Kroin
    ✭✭
    Templar
    i picked a Templar, i want a sun mage till now it works pretty well. the ult will come from the mage guild.
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Imperial Nightblade Tank. Because it's way more fun than Templar Tank.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • Dimz
    Dimz
    Soul Shriven
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer with Destruction staff, although I will start raising healing staff as well at some point. I'm still lvl 6 so trying to get basics set up first.
    Edited by Dimz on March 31, 2014 7:51AM
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknight
    Dragonknight shield & sword. Hopefully manage to make it ok as tank and not getting ass kicked if soloing in PvE.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I dont know what i will play yet , so hard to pick a class ...

I picked nightblade because in the other TES i always played a rogue/assassin.

Still , in this one i still cant decide.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Intergalactical
    Nightblade
    I have gone for Bosmer Nightblade (siphoning) and Bow. I'm having alot of fun, there's a fair bit of synergy between the skill lines, and its easy on the soloing.
  • Caph
    Caph
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Played Khajiit Nightblade in the beta and loved it enough to create and exact copy of the previous character (small facial style changes but meh). Dual wielding, love it! :smile:
    Lost interest in the game and canceled subscription. Maybe I'll come back if I gain interest again.
    Co Guild Master of Baby Face Bananas
    World record time Hel Ra (8min 08sec)
    Eu record time AA (8min 44sec)
    AA/Hel ra HM done.
  • Asyrin
    Asyrin
    Sorcerer
    Two-handed sword wielding, heavy armor wearing Sorcerer. Sorc has some great melee buffs and defensives and two handed has the damage.
  • Dado.veroBzb16_ESO
    Templar
    Templar , Sword & shield (aedric spears and healing ) but im sure that i will reset the skill points in order to make a powerfull PG .. but only when i'll understand all the mechanicals of the game
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Was a very tough choice between Templar and Nightblade, but I gave in to the dark side and made a NB. Love the shadow and siphoning trees.
  • Furgus
    Furgus
    Nightblade
    Nightblade loving it so far
  • Sarahyuki
    Sarahyuki
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer :)
  • Omnichron
    Omnichron
    I've started with three (NB, DK, Templar) of the classes already with more standard roles for each, and not sure what I am going to stick with.

I want to try something slightly different though, maybe a Nightblade Tank (heavy armor with 1h-shield), which might use two-handed sword for solo PvE or something.

Like some of the other MMOs I joined, I feel so unsure about what builds I should try out. Luckily you can reset skills if your initial idea doesn't work...
  • Ariane
    Ariane
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorcerer. I tried all four classes in the beta, but every time I picked a character who was not a sorcerer, I missed it. I missed it A LOT. That was the clue I needed :)
    "I am not an Argonian. I am a crocodile"
  • weedkingx
    weedkingx
    Nightblade
    I started as a nightblade because i played a rogue in WoW and did very well with it, achieving high pvp arena rating and pretty much mastered everything the class had to offer.... I thought maybe the similarities could help me get ahead of other ppl in pvp. Also, they look badass rofl.
  • albelnoxgm
    albelnoxgm
    Soul Shriven
    Dragonknight
    The poll is surprisingly even. Rolled Imperial DK tank. Fits my style and DK was the more interesting option from the bunch. Most players with sword and board have been more or less DK's what i've seen.
  • Raynekatt
    Raynekatt
    Templar
    Templar with restoration staff - going for a double healer.

Edited by Raynekatt on March 31, 2014 1:20PM
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    Templar
    I also went with a Templar with restoration staff :)
  • Dumbledalf
    Dumbledalf
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade khajit. I played Templar in the beta and loved it told myself I would make 1 as my main. Made all 4 classes to have a better chance at securing a decent name. The last character I made (nightblade) looked so badass I decided to try it first and never looked back.
  • DeathTrap
    DeathTrap
    ✭✭
    Templar
    I've got one of each at the moment, but mainly trying to decide between Templar tank and Dragon Knight tank.
    Cake is a lie. Pie is truth. Cookies are uncertainty. Muffins are the minions of a false God.
  • Mimik
    Mimik
    Templar
    I went with Templar, like the Paladin of older games, it looks really fun, and healing in PvP is always underrated.
    I am not surprised the Nightblade is #1, I mean they look the coolest, and just appear to crush everything.
    The Carolina Mountain Boys
  • dread67
    dread67
    Nightblade
    I went night blade archer. It's what I always play in an elder scroll game.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I think this is probably a reasonable sample of classes in the game. Dragonknight and Sorcerer are reasonably popular, I have seen a lot of polls showing nightblade being popular, like this and templar is usually the less used class - though in this poll it's pretty much as popular as Sorc/DK.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Mercurio75
    Mercurio75
    Soul Shriven
    Dragonknight
    Dragonknight - I like beeing a tank and soak up a lot of damage for my group. So I go for 1H-Shield all the way up
  • Lux
    Lux
    Nightblade
    Cause i like fast kills. No one suffers
  • Darrett
    Darrett
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Restoration Staff/Two-Handed Templar (With Bow as well) for main, Destruction Staff Shadowcaster Nightblade for secondary so far.