Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The beginning of roleplaying in ESO

Stormcrow
Stormcrow
Soul Shriven
Will Many People Be Committing To Roleplaying Their Characters?
"You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!" - Sheogorath
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    I, for one, sure will. I'm also thinking of sticking to mainly RPing on ESO simply because I love to do so.
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • LOVE
    LOVE
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the most part: Yes.

Aside from guildmates and possible friends I may meet, I'm sticking to playing it like any other TES. My TES name may be taken...but I will be fine (I hope). x)
    [ @LOVE ]
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    Ill Be Roleplaying ingame
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • VanillaSoap
    I will be roleplaying if the ESO team decides to allow us to zone in and out of these zones filled with trolls and non-roleplayers. I was told the survey idea was scrapped, and that is a major setback for us seeing as we will not be matched with other roleplayers =/

What do you guys think? Do you think the ESO team might be able to do something for us, or rather, if they will do something like that for us?
  • VanillaSoap
    And yes, I will be dropping WoW for ESO if the ESO team decides to support and listen to the roleplay community. Then ESO will be my game to play.

But I've already lost motivation though because of the fact that we will not be able to use the survey which was scrapped to get matched up with one another.
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    I was led to believe that they'll add it, but at a later date?
    I'm a roleplayer through and through, questions regarding that are always welcome!
  • VanillaSoap
    As far as I heard, it is being completely removed. As in the idea got scrapped.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will be full In Character all the time, everytime on every character from he time I log in to the time I log out.

I'm still looking for the survey. I have not heard a peep about it. Its naturally difficult to find Rp because you're matched with a bunch of people and everything feels so overpopulated already and this is just early access.

Now we can get decent floating text/chat bubbles so we know when and who a person is speaking.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on March 31, 2014 1:08AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to find an MMO that pays more than the barest sneering lip service to roleplayers. Either we make it ourselves or we do without. Time will tell if we can make a decent RP community here or not. It's damn hard to do.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• skywhales
    skywhales
    I find myself role playing with a foot in either realm. I play the character regardless of the scene or conversation.

It's amusing for me when my character Mauaji is being asked about something mundane in the physical world. I play it out as if Mauaji was actually confronted by such a device or place.

"No, no Mauaji does not like the apple, not edible, talks back, bad reception in morrowind."
    W̶̶̖̠̩̗͎͉͎͝h͏͔̪̖͕a̶҉̖͇̬̦̹t̷̡̳͇͚̯͜ ̷̧͇̬̯̳͟i̧̦̦̟̺̺s̴͍̠̺͇̩̙̳̥ͅ ͚̬͈̼̲̞͢t҉̷̳̱̹̳̣̠̪̫ͅh͉͉̱̥͉̣͈̕ę͚̣ ̨̠̜̰̳c̛̤͔̤͙͝o̴̮͖̼̳͕̯͜ͅl̶̛̗̹̺̼̞ͅo̰͍̼̦̘͔̪͙͡r͏̻̘̻̟̪̲̫̯̀ ̶̦̰͎͈͎͕̮o̷̥͖͔̙̞̳̯͓͞f̡̟̤̬͇̬ ̮͖͔͖̺͙̕n͏̛̹̬̟i͔͉̙g͔̺̱̱̝̺̕h̨̲̜͇͈̞̝t̮̗͓͚̻̘?̠͍̠̙̪̮͎̕
  • Trainerdc
    Trainerdc
    ✭✭
    I will roleplay constantly. I just hope I will find people who share the same interest in it.
    "You are far too hard on yourself, my dear, sweet, homicidally insane Pelagius. What would the people do without you? Dance? Sing? Smile? Grow old?"
    -Sheogorath
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trainerdc wrote: »
    I will roleplay constantly. I just hope I will find people who share the same interest in it.

If you're going to roleplay constantly. You can add me, as well as anyone else.
    @reagenlionel

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ready, willing and able for RP. How can you find me, you ask? Look for the player character WALKING instead of running everywhere.
    Also, feel free to add me, just make sure it's not a random invite out of nowhere. /tell first? @MercyKilling

Edit: Also, currently have a Dunmer, a Bosmer and a Redguard, so whatever faction...I'm ready!
    Edited by MercyKilling on March 31, 2014 5:44AM
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    I will be full In Character all the time, everytime on every character from he time I log in to the time I log out.

I'm still looking for the survey. I have not heard a peep about it. Its naturally difficult to find Rp because you're matched with a bunch of people and everything feels so overpopulated already and this is just early access.

Now we can get decent floating text/chat bubbles so we know when and who a person is speaking.

@reagen_lionel‌
    People are grouped together according to which friends they have and what guilds they have in. The RP community on TESO-RP has made an "OOC RP guild" which should increase the chances on being grouped together with roleplayers!

EU: http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/11758219-european-roleplay-collective/page/0

NA: http://teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/11625529-na-rp-community-guild-project-discussion-thread
    Edited by Foxesz on March 31, 2014 6:33AM
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Foxesz wrote: »

@reagen_lionel‌
    People are grouped together according to which friends they have and what guilds they have in. The RP community on TESO-RP has made an "OOC RP guild" which should increase the chances on being grouped together with roleplayers!

EU: http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/11758219-european-roleplay-collective/page/0

NA: http://www.teso-rp.com/forum/m/9324623/viewthread/11758219-european-roleplay-collective/page/0

Yeah I heard of that. It just seems like an out and about way of suiting the enviornment to make Rpers be matched with more Rpers, and theres a good chance that a good number wont even know about it or know how the way the matching works right now.

I'm gonna take a look at it. Also both the links go to the same place for EU and NA.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on March 31, 2014 6:40AM
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
  • Twistedmind
    Twistedmind
    ✭✭
    Will be playing as my character almost all of my total time. Of course there will be less RP in PvE things or when playing with friends who don't RP. But still keeping RP as my main focus and reason I started to play this game.
    Egypt and Antarctica kills off more investigators each year than cancer does.
    Old Call of Cthulhu fact.
  • Tinfey
    Tinfey
    I always play in charakter but it bothers me that community driven ideas mentioned above are needed to push RP in ESO which is a shame. Zenimax does not even consider implementing things like Speech Bubbles which are essential for me at least while roleplaying.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tinfey wrote: »
    I always play in charakter but it bothers me that community driven ideas mentioned above are needed to push RP in ESO which is a shame. Zenimax does not even consider implementing things like Speech Bubbles which are essential for me at least while roleplaying.

yeah that is essentially my problem here as well. You have to go round and about about alot of things that have to do with Rp.

Glad to see another full rp person here too.
  • Foxesz
    Foxesz
    ✭✭✭
    I find it strange, but I never look at speech bubbles.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speech bubbles are something I've always turned off. Completely breaks immersion for me, just like having a nametag above a character's head.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speech bubbles are something I've always turned off. Completely breaks immersion for me, just like having a nametag above a character's head.
    And thats fine, those were options. The fact is the people that do use them and pretty much need them do not have the option whatsoever since its not possible to make an addon that can even remotely to any aspect do it.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely RP, but I don't think I'll be able to keep it up all the time. Only time will tell I guess.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• NytLite
    NytLite
    Ill be rping is well but possibly not in Cyrodiil. As much as I would like to, I also want to go tryhard in it.
    A sharpened tongue cuts deeper than any sword.
  • Osthareane
    I will definitely be looking for other Role-Players!
    "The gods have no mercy, that's why they are gods."
  • VanillaSoap
    I will be roleplaying as well but I think it is important that us, the RP community now as mad as it sounds but it seems to be the only way to reach the developers of MMOs.

what we should do is to nag about things that could be better for roleplayers. I am quite sure the chat bubbles will be forced into the game, there was two other major mmos that also did not have it during launch but people whined so much so they had to push it into the game.

With the megaserver technology they should have the technology to allow us to get a privacy button, what I mean with that is that we should be able to zone into a private stage of the zone you currently are in and then perhaps only friends and guildies could be allowed inside.

That is initially something they actually can do with the technology they are using now. Also would solve the problem with trolls and non-roleplayers ruining.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I am roleplaying but at the moment I am on my own, no guild yet.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House Gawad Du (Breton for Black Blood) will be a guild focusing on Breton Vampires. Yes, come to the dark side! LOL We plan to probably be a smallish but heavily RP focused guild. Naturally estranged from other Breton nobility due to their dabbling in the darker magics and amid a swirl of rumors about possible blood drinking, House Gawad Du stands alone and its members are not often considered fro intermarriage among the other Breton noble houses/clans. Therefore they resort to an admixture of inbreeding (cousins frequently marry) and infusing the line with new blood by literally adopting outsiders as part of the family. Although characters can join the guild as servants, retainers and a few other roles, actual adoption and inclusion in the family requires a close and careful vetting process. Our shadowy Matriarch is understandably... cautious. Though primarily an RP guild there will also be an intense PvP focus as we hope to fully participate in the many activities associated with PvP in the game. The Scions of the House are Devinadel Gawadunen and Morna Gawadunen, please feel free to hit us up in game for more info and invites.

I know plenty of people will roll their eyes at the vampire aspect of this Guild but we can promise that none of it is based on bad sparkly movie vampires nor other vampire RPGs. It will be lore based and fully compatible with the game. So if you're interested please also feel free to reply here and if not, no snarky comments necessary. We know we aren't everyone's cup of tea. ;) Thanks!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MortisST
    MortisST
    I'm an RPer and will be looking for a guild that supports that, or at least a group of people. I have a wood elf and a Kaji
  • Mothzombie
    I'm also looking for a Guild for starters that is supporting the RP community. From there I'm more than willing to find like minded people to RP with. :D

~ Da'Nali | Nightblade| Aldmeri Dominion~
    ~ Ve'laa | Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact ~
    ~ Klage | Templar | Ebonheart Pact ~
    ~ Jexla | Dragon Knight | Aldmeri Dominion~