Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Late game value for Blacksmithing

Sassy
Sassy
Does Blacksmithing hold any real late game value?
I'm legitimately curious, as it rarely seems to do in MMOs.
  • TIMEandETERNITY
    All I know is that Iron is resourceful. and when you level up you need better gear or else you will not make it in your own level quests without dieing. I mean finding gear and quest reward gear is nice but might not be suited for your class or your character. I have been smithing since launch and already have level 5 smithing, and level 4 enchanting. Enchanting is really good for your armors as well so dont forget. And as for the real question for this topic, I would say yes, you will be sought out by new players, players that do not have the time to get materials themselves, and players who rely on good armor that is highly enchanted for pvp. The better smithing = more armor you can make = allot of gold to be earned. Now fighting other players for resources will be an issue so smithing will be quite annoying. I hope this shows some insight.
    "Here's to me, and Here's to you, Here's to love and laughter. I'll be true, as long as you, but not a moment after."
  • Mylum
    Mylum
    I honestly think smithing will be drowned out by the masses of Smiths out there. I personally believe Alchemy and Cooking will be best in end game.
  • habbahen
    habbahen
    I would say there would be some constant demand for armor&weapon crafting later. But demad would be reduceed significantly after most gamers would get their armor at lev
    So yes demand for blacksmithing would be reduced. But real anser for question depends on nmber of new players and number of players that would have have top level blacksmith skill and would craft gear latergame. So there would be some demand, but would it be high or not - depends on players, and game popularity.
  • Nuahs85
    Nuahs85
    I think the other thing to consider would be whether you can send items from one of your characters to another. If you can do that you can just set up your alts easily however if you cant send them mail you will either have to level up black smithing again or get someone else to make your gear. In which case i know i would prefer to just buy to avoid the hassle.
  • Zargorius
    Zargorius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only blacksmiths can upgrade items to Legendary so...here's your value :smile:
    Honor is a dead man's code.
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    As Zargorius said, the best items will be available only by upgrading the dung drop by crafter. So blacksmithing will always have some value. Another question is, if everyone and their dog will be doing blacksmithing...
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuahs85 wrote: »
    I think the other thing to consider would be whether you can send items from one of your characters to another. If you can do that you can just set up your alts easily however if you cant send them mail you will either have to level up black smithing again or get someone else to make your gear. In which case i know i would prefer to just buy to avoid the hassle.

You have a "universal" bank. i.e. All of your characters share the same bank. This means you can easily move items from one character to the next but also decreases the amount of room you have. I personally think this was a mistake because room will become a premium down the line
  • Celdryn
    Celdryn
    ✭✭✭
    I am hoping the time sync for blacksmithing keeps the masses away. It feels like you will need to put some serious time into it.
    Deathrow Inc.
    Talloth Delong: Breton -Sorcerer-Tank
    "For King and Covenant!"
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Nuahs85 wrote: »

Bank it - the bank is shared.