Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for Dungeon Groups (to prevent ppl from kicking you)

Lotka
Lotka
✭✭✭
I've got a healer and see a LOT of things in normal because I don't have a lot of wait time.

Things that annoy people are
1. Pulling aggro when you don't have the DPS or heals to handle it so you keep dying.
2. Starting boss fight aggro before before everyone is together (if you start a fight before a member gets through the door/gate, they won't be able to join the fight. that means less DPS)
3. Mostly pulling too much aggro and dying all the time as a TANK.

Not much is required of a tank in normal mode. If you plan to tank, poke the boss (distract it) and stay alive. Don't cause the rest of the group to die because you're impatient.
If you think it's a solo act and don't work as a team member, I'll leave the group or just not heal you.

I see people marked as DPS go in with a frost staff (that pulls aggro) and other things that just attract aggro instead of causing damage when they're DPS. (Mostly an issue in Vet)

The other day, there was a guy who came in and just stood there. Did NOTHING. He had up lightning form and just stood there.
We noticed so we stopped our DPS. You're in a group, do group stuff.

And for goodness sake contain your pets, if you have them. If you don't disable them when not in combat, they will start fights with anything (they're good tanks for single target bosses though).

[EDIT]
This is incorrect. Pets do not aggro unless a player has entered combat first. Common misconception but unless a player enters combat pets will not 'start' fights.
Thanks, @Princess_Ciri

In VET:
1. Assuming everyone knows the mechanics and just jumping in (when they make a big difference)
2. Not having food on you
3. Being a build (DPS, Heals, Tank) and saying in the group finder that you're something else. Vet isn't normal mode, mmmkay?
4. Same things I posted above about normal. Just makes things more difficult.
5. Don't read the effing scroll (learned that the hard way) unless your group has enough DPS.
5. You need good DPS in Vet. There's always a DPS check.
6. Stay out of the RED CIRCLES. They're usually one-shot kills.

For mobs, use encase/talons or some kind of roots so you can kill them without them doing much to you.

Edited by Lotka on March 15, 2018 2:19PM
PC NA Server
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-dlc 4 man dungeons really can be done solo.

Whenever someone has issues completing these dungeons, I feel, need to look at their own build.

For example: I can solo vet Banished Cells on Hard Mode.

If 3 players are struggling with this, they each are about the value of 20% of a single good player.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I read you have 900+ CP which makes a HUGE difference. Not everyone is CP capped. I solo the public dungeons below level 10 to get skill points for kyne. Haven't tried the dungeons. Typically only doing those for pledges. I'm CP 4 hundred something though.
    Edited by Lotka on March 14, 2018 9:35PM
    PC NA Server
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotka wrote: »

And for goodness sake contain your pets, if you have them. If you don't disable them when not in combat, they will start fights with anything

This is incorrect. Pets do not aggro unless a player has entered combat first. Common misconception but unless a player enters combat pets will not 'start' fights.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    You're right. I think the issue I have is going into a dungeon with mobs and pets attacking multiple mobs when you're trying to just get one.
    PC NA Server
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    download.jpg
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    download.jpg

If only ESO had targeted heals. I'd love to let my mates die for the fun of it.

But I have to either heal everybody or nobody.... much less fun.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    lol Was talking to some friends and they told me I should start using /playdead or some other emote
    Edited by Lotka on March 20, 2018 4:05PM
    PC NA Server
  • Darkyne
    Darkyne
    Soul Shriven
    Non-dlc 4 man dungeons really can be done solo.

Whenever someone has issues completing these dungeons, I feel, need to look at their own build.

For example: I can solo vet Banished Cells on Hard Mode.

If 3 players are struggling with this, they each are about the value of 20% of a single good player.

Many non-dlc Dungeons can be done solo (ones like Direfrost Keep can't) but it's just faster with 4 good players instead of only one. Also if you do a vet dungeon you mostly do it for achievements or gear and the chance to get the gear is higher with 4 then with 1 guy.

But in general you're right.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Pulling aggro when you don't have the DPS or heals to handle it so you keep dying.
    2. Starting boss fight aggro before before everyone is together (if you start a fight before a member gets through the door/gate, they won't be able to join the fight. that means less DPS)
    3. Mostly pulling too much aggro and dying all the time as a TANK.

1. This is a FREQUENT problem in VET dungeons when one person decides on their own to run through adds, aggroing them all, assuming the rest of the group will follow them like a bunch of puppies. i tend to resent one person deciding how to run a dungeon without consulting the rest of us, so I usually just let them die. However, I have yet to see one of these doofuses get kicked for it.

2. A FREQUENT problem with tanks, in both norm and vet. Especially if the tank is stam and can sprint their way to the boss before everyone else. Again, have yet to see anyone get kicked for this.

3. Not really an issue I'm encountered often. The bigger issue is dps queuing as a tank, yet having no taunt and so someone else in group ended getting the aggro. If I'm on my healer, it's usually me. In these cases I only vote to kick if I'm in discord with the other players and we can all agree it needs to be done.

Honestly the ONLY two reasons I have seen people get kicked or have a vote initiated to kick them are:

1. WITH GUILDIES/PRE-MADE GROUPS that queue to fill a vacant spot: because the player is dps and queued as heals or tank.

2. WITH PUGS: in VET, because one person decided that someone in group is too low CP and initiates a vote to kick, sometimes even before starting the dungeons. I never vote to kick people based on their CP, so in every situtation, the vote-initiator ends up rage-quitting the dungeon. I'm cp720, and on both my dps and heals I can pretty much carry a lower cp player through non-dlc vet dungeons and I usually don't mind doing so as long as they queued for the proper role. The funny thing is is every time I run into someone wanting to kick someone for low cp they're usually under cp500 themselves or at least under cp600. You'd think if the cp720 in the group decides that having a cp50 player in the group isn't a problem they'd stop, but I've been in dungeons where the person would be repeatedly initiating a vote in middle of freaking boss fights like they think if they are obnoxious enough about it, we'll give in and vote to kick.
    Edited by jssriot on March 21, 2018 1:25AM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Find a friend to group up with before using dungeon finder, that way they can prevent any vote to kick.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.