The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will my characthers be there?

RAMAO
RAMAO
I haven't played eso in some years (about 3), and I want to know if zenimax deletes inactive characthers. I'm asking this because I had this unpleasant surprise in other MMOs. Will my characthers be there when I finish downloading the game? Thanks.
There's no hero without an event.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should still be there
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you sign in the old account, yes
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took a looong break from when I initially played until I came back late last year and mine were all still there.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you sign in the old account, yes

And play on the same platform and server.

There have been no character wipes since the game launched.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how it works on consoles but if you're on PC make sure you select the right server at the login screen. They changed it a while ago so they both use the same copy of the game files and you select it on the login screen instead of the launcher. I know when it was changed some people found they kept logging into the wrong one and thinking their characters were gone.

But as someone else said ZOS have never wiped characters, and I imagine there would be a lot of outrage if they ever did.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they will still be there.

however, from experience, i can assure you that you will be mystified by all the junk they are carrying around.

oh, and you will have to reassign all skill points etc.

have fun.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back :)
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you're familiar with the concept of One Tamriel. Given the massive change that introduced and the recent introduction of the leveling rewards, not to mention all the skill and other changes since you were last playing, I would strongly advise that you roll a new character and familiarise yourself with the game before looking at your old characters.
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came back after 23 months... toons were there...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • RAMAO
    RAMAO
    Thanks for the answers guys!
    There's no hero without an event.