Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Can you repeat a dungeon?

Flynnn
Flynnn
✭✭✭
I know once a quest is completed a user cannot repeat that quest to help a friend out, or even be part of the same phase without taking the quest to help a friend out. But what if a user does a private dungeon and then wants to repeat said dungeon with another friend?
Templar | Healer
  • Molek
    Molek
    Soul Shriven
    I was able to repeat the Spindle dungeon in Beta without having any quests for it. Cant imagine it would have changed since then, but I've yet to try :)
  • Flynnn
    Flynnn
    ✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for the reply! I'll be hopeful things haven't changed
    Templar | Healer
  • Yakiros
    Yakiros
    ✭✭✭
    Flynnn wrote: »
    I know once a quest is completed a user cannot repeat that quest to help a friend out, or even be part of the same phase without taking the quest to help a friend out. But what if a user does a private dungeon and then wants to repeat said dungeon with another friend?

I'm not sure, but shouldn't you've been placed in your friend's phase, when you are in group?
    Die Klingen von Akatosh
    [mehr über uns]
    PvE-Gilde, Ebenherz-Pakt, EU
  • Flynnn
    Flynnn
    ✭✭✭
    If you have done the quest you won't see what they are interacting with. Or for example the first mages guild quest I did I had to enter a portal but when I went to do it with him I couldn't see the portal so I couldn't go with him.
    Templar | Healer
  • Kaiem
    Kaiem
    ✭✭
    I don't know yet if you can repeat the private dungeons but I intend to try later today to help some guildies out.
    Edited by Kaiem on April 2, 2014 6:34AM
  • Phurba
    Phurba
    ✭✭
    You absolutely can run the instanced dungeons as many times as you want. Everyone in the group will need to leave the dungeon and possibly relog in order to reset it but yes you can repeat them.

If you've already done the quest for that dungeon and someone else in your group has not, you'll see them interacting with the npc's but you won't be able to actually see the npc's.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can repeat it, but currently exp gains are pretty much disabled inside dungeons. You get exp for the quests, but monsters give 3 exp each.

Very sad state of affairs for players who like to group.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phurba wrote: »
    You absolutely can run the instanced dungeons as many times as you want. Everyone in the group will need to leave the dungeon and possibly relog in order to reset it but yes you can repeat them.

If you've already done the quest for that dungeon and someone else in your group has not, you'll see them interacting with the npc's but you won't be able to actually see the npc's.

This is right. Also, you will still get chances at boss item drops so long as you're within the dungeon's level range.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Gohlar wrote: »
    You can repeat it, but currently exp gains are pretty much disabled inside dungeons. You get exp for the quests, but monsters give 3 exp each.

Wait, so there isn't any incentive to do the dungeon again. This could be awesome or awful. I hate grinding the same dungeon over and over again so if they keep the content flowing regularly it would be quite awesome. But if the content is released slowly it will be awful leaving us nothing to do.

What happens if you outlevel the dungeon? I haven't done the dungeon in my beginner zone yet, but I'm almost 15 and I see most doing it at 10-11. I'm assuming I can still do it?
  • charlesbr
    charlesbr
    spinedoc wrote: »

Wait, so there isn't any incentive to do the dungeon again. This could be awesome or awful. I hate grinding the same dungeon over and over again so if they keep the content flowing regularly it would be quite awesome. But if the content is released slowly it will be awful leaving us nothing to do.

What happens if you outlevel the dungeon? I haven't done the dungeon in my beginner zone yet, but I'm almost 15 and I see most doing it at 10-11. I'm assuming I can still do it?

You can do it but i didnt till elvel 18 so my dungeon finder didnt showed up the level 12-15 dungeons, then i had to join a lower level and he find or just make the pary in zone chat and go for it

• Flynnn
    Flynnn
    ✭✭✭
    charlesbr wrote: »

You can do it but i didnt till elvel 18 so my dungeon finder didnt showed up the level 12-15 dungeons, then i had to join a lower level and he find or just make the pary in zone chat and go for it

But if you out level the dungeon you won't get any drops. Not just the fact that the dungeon drops are too low for what you need but actually just *** drops. Minor soul gems and maybe a white item here and there. So pay attention to chests and they still have decent loot you can deconstruct.
    Templar | Healer
  • Cerid
    Cerid
    charlesbr wrote: »

Great news, though unfortunate that you can't use the grouping tool. I want to do the opposite faction dungeons, just for the sake of achievment. I was only afraid that if I'm over leveled, the other won't have any drops either, but that is not the case right?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cerid wrote: »
    Great news, though unfortunate that you can't use the grouping tool. I want to do the opposite faction dungeons, just for the sake of achievment. I was only afraid that if I'm over leveled, the other won't have any drops either, but that is not the case right?

Wow. They seriously need to redo their grouping tool. It's just not that good right now.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • brainstewed1
    I've noticed that when redoing some quests the monsters [especially bosses] seem harder to kill and i seem to die faster.I've noticed this when doing group dungeons with lower lvl players to the point where we'd have to give it up.So instead of helping by being higher lvl than quest it seems to hurt everyone.Any1 else experience this?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flynnn wrote: »
    if you out level the dungeon you won't get any drops.
    Yepp, ran (the non VR) Spindleclutch solo last night with my VR12 and didn't get any loot drops at all.
    ;-)