Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone have a clue on amount of AP and time it takes to get to level 50 alliance PvP rank

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
Any information I have found online seems to be inaccurate.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes around 64 million AP in total.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time can be anywhere from a few months to years, depending on how productive your time in Cyrodiil is. Total AP is a few hundred million.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

This is the info I have found, but other sources said that is all changed after 1 tamriel and we can get to 50 alliance rank in 2-3 weeks of everyday gameplay.
    On average, even really good players earn about 2-3mil per week.
    I'm getting mixed messages here.
    Have they increased the AP gain, lessened the time, or lessened the amount of AP to rank up at all?

As it is now, I am level 18 alliance rank and I'm not even a PvP player, I just did PvP to get alliance ranks up, search for skyshards and quests in cyrodiil, search for motif in chests from treasure maps (which gave a small amount of ap too iirc) And I played midyear mayhem last year on the weekends, which netted me 3-4 mil total.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increased AP per kill and the base AP you get for keep captures (6,000) and resource captures (1,500). So it's definitely much easier now than before.
    Edited by Feanor on March 12, 2018 4:19PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They increased AP per kill and the base AP you get for keep captures (6,000) and resource captures (1,500). So it's definitely much easier now than before.

Ok so that makes sense, increased AP gain, but amount to 50 is still the 64mil AP.
    People online might be exaggerating the 2-3 week thing, though on an estimate if I am 18 and not spent more than 30 hours in cyrodiil total, maybe it might have some truth to it.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on March 12, 2018 4:22PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount ox AP required per rank up increases with AR level so it slows down.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of several Wardens that are close to Grand Overlord (AR 44+). As Morrowind was released on May 22nd 2017 that gives you a rough idea how fast a good player can do it.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount ox AP required per rank up increases with AR level so it slows down.

Yeah I knew that, apparently after 24 the AP needed for each rank increases dramatically, similar to CP after 300.
    24 is supposed to be the 10% mark of the total AP one needs to max rank.
    I know of several Wardens that are close to Grand Overlord (AR 44+). As Morrowind was released on May 22nd 2017 that gives you a rough idea how fast a good player can do it.

OK, so like 1-2 years for an average player like me. Great.
    They trivialized my graft to master crafter, I should have jumped into PvP first. instead of leaving it to end game.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on March 12, 2018 4:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

This is the info I have found, but other sources said that is all changed after 1 tamriel and we can get to 50 alliance rank in 2-3 weeks of everyday gameplay.
    Have they increased the AP gain, lessened the time, or lessened the amount of AP to rank up at all?

As it is now, I am level 18 alliance rank and I'm not even a PvP player, I just did PvP to get alliance ranks up, search for skyshards and quests in cyrodiil, search for motif in chests from treasure maps (which gave a small amount of ap too iirc) And I played midyear mayhem last year on the weekends, which netted me 3-4 mil total.

I'll put it this way.
    How long do you want to play and how efficient are you at making AP?

Let's do some comparisons for effect.
    The top ranked players on PC/NA who are in the race for emperor making around 100k+ AP per hour, at least that was the last time I looked at their numbers. I'm going to use 100K AP because its a nice round number. If it turns out I'm wrong about the rate at which really good AP farmers gain AP, I can redo the math.

Mind you, that's players pushing for emperor, so no breaks, no missed ticks, no hanging around and relaxing.

The chart here seems to be accurate for the ranks I have (up to Praetorian) so I don't see a reason not to trust their numbers for higher ranks: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points

Situation 1
    So if the total is 64,000,000 AP and you want to get that total in 3 weeks, you'll need to make 127,000 AP every hour. That's every single hour, mind you - no sleeping, no breaks, just pure AP grinding.

At 2 weeks, you have to make 191,000 AP an hour, every single hour. Good luck doing that legit.

Situation 2
    Let's look at something more likely. A good player plays everyday for several hours, making approximately 200,000 AP each day. Sometimes they make more, sometimes they make less but we'll average it out to 200K.

At 64 million AP at a rate of 200K AP a day, it will take them 320 days to reach alliance rank 50. +/- some for any double AP events.

Situation 3
    Let's look at me! Yes, me. I play when I can, which is usually 3 nights a week and sometimes on other days. Every time I play, I usually make around 100,000 AP

At 640 million AP at a rate of 100k AP a day, its going to take me a LONG time to reach alliance rank 50. 640+ days of playing PVP (600+ for me, since I'm currently captain rank 2). So at a rate of 3 days a week...I'm at captain rank 2 on the character I'm playing right now...in a little less than 4 years, I'll be Alliance rank 50! Grand Overlord, here I come!

Divines, that's depressing. Clearly I need more time to play PVP in Cyrodiil.

Battlegrounds Math!

Battleground recently got their AP for matches increased. Its now 12K AP for winning, 10K for 2nd, and 7k for losing. I'm not sure of my math here because I have no idea how much AP a typical Battelgrounds player earns during the match itself in addition to winning or losing. (I've been informed by Feanor that you don't get AP for killing players in BGs, thanks!)

Someone who wins 100 percent of their battlegrounds matches will need to win 5,334 matches in order to make 64 million AP.

Someone who wins 50% percent and comes in 2nd place for 50% of their battlegrounds matches will need to win 5,866 matches in order to make 64 million AP.

Someone who loses, yes, loses 100% of their battlegrounds matches will need to participate in 9,142 matches to make 64 million AP.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 12, 2018 5:02PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get AP for kills in BGs.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get AP for kills in BGs.

Good to know! Thanks, I haven't played Battlegrounds since I got my Star-Made Knight achievement so my memories of specifics are pretty hazy.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    64 million ap to get grand overlord. Took me a long time to get an I pvp a lot :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are crazy it takes a lot longer than 2 to 3 weeks to get to level 50 AW.

I was looking at the leader board on DC Vivec, and I think the top player had like 11 million AP and we are 3 weeks into the campaign. So I was thinking if you are top earner then it would take you around 4 months to get to level 50 AW.

I don't think I will ever get to level 50 AW, I play with too many characters.

Edited by vamp_emily on March 12, 2018 5:32PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made this a year ago just to convince myself to give up on the AP grind. Enjoy!

hK1DUFb.png
    PC NA
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, I went and looked with my add-on...
    64,680,001 AP for Grand Overlord Grade 2.... :)
    I will gt there some day!!! Huzzah!!!
    2e657p4.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obscure7 wrote: »
    I made this a year ago just to convince myself to give up on the AP grind. Enjoy!

hK1DUFb.png

I wonder what that says about people with more than one 5 star..... I'm only on my second but what killed it and make it easy was the pvp events and double AP
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll put it this way.

The top ranked players on PC/NA who are in the race for emperor making around 100k+ AP per hour, at least that was the last time I looked at their numbers. I'm going to use 100K AP because its a nice round number. If it turns out I'm wrong about the rate at which really good AP farmers gain AP, I can redo the math.

Mind you, that's players pushing for emperor, so no breaks, no missed ticks, no hanging around and relaxing.

The chart here seems to be accurate for the ranks I have (up to Praetorian) so I don't see a reason not to trust their numbers for higher ranks: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points

Situation 1
    So if the total is 64,000,000 AP and you want to get that total in 3 weeks, you'll need to make 127,000 AP every hour. That's every single hour, mind you - no sleeping, no breaks, just pure AP grinding.

At 2 weeks, you have to make 191,000 AP an hour, every single hour. Good luck doing that legit.

Situation 2
    Let's look at something more likely. A good player plays everyday for several hours, making approximately 200,000 AP each day. Sometimes they make more, sometimes they make less but we'll average it out to 200K.

At 64 million AP at a rate of 200K AP a day, it will take them 320 days to reach alliance rank 50. +/- some for any double AP events.

Situation 3
    Let's look at me! Yes, me. I play when I can, which is usually 3 nights a week and sometimes on other days. Every time I play, I usually make around 100,000 AP

At 640 million AP at a rate of 100k AP a day, its going to take me a LONG time to reach alliance rank 50. 640+ days of playing PVP (600+ for me, since I'm currently captain rank 2). So at a rate of 3 days a week...I'm at captain rank 2 on the character I'm playing right now...in a little less than 4 years, I'll be Alliance rank 50! Grand Overlord, here I come!

Battlegrounds Math!

Battleground recently got their AP for matches increased. Its now 12K AP for winning, 10K for 2nd, and 7k for losing. I'm not sure of my math here because I have no idea how much AP a typical Battelgrounds player earns during the match itself in addition to winning or losing. (I've been informed by Feanor that you don't get AP for killing players in BGs, thanks!)

Someone who wins 100 percent of their battlegrounds matches will need to win 5,334 matches in order to make 64 million AP.

Someone who wins 50% percent and comes in 2nd place for 50% of their battlegrounds matches will need to win 5,866 matches in order to make 64 million AP.

Someone who loses, yes, loses 100% of their battlegrounds matches will need to participate in 9,142 matches to make 64 million AP.

tl;dr
    god damn, OP was a simple question really, why did you have to go over the top to complicate things/

The questions have been answered anyway.
    it is still 64mil AP to level 50, the AP gain has been increased, it takes about 1-1 1/2 years irl of everyday playing to get to level 50 alliance rank.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on style of play.
    If you have a goal to do it within a year you better go grind 220k APs every day 5 days per week. To get that it can take anything between 4-8h depending on how good you or your group are. Small scale PvP tend to net more APs than megazerging, and solo bombing zergs is probably BiS for getting APs.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Depends on style of play.=megazerging, and solo bombing zergs is probably BiS for getting APs.
    This will be my plan all along, when i eventually get into PvP.
    When I get into it, I will be a PvP player, no longer doing PvE at all, and I will have to do it solo (no friends) so solo bombing zergs with a resto on the back bar will be my plan.

• LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude 40k ap / hr is already good, assuming you work, then you play 20 hours a week top, say 15 of which is pvp. You need at least 2 years.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healers soak up AP as well.

Healers don’t work all that well solo or grouped with potatoes. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obscure7 wrote: »

hK1DUFb.png

I wonder what that says about people with more than one 5 star..... I'm only on my second but what killed it and make it easy was the pvp events and double AP

The game's been out almost 4 years, so even the most moderate estimates of 10 hours a week (2 hours a day M-F say) and 50k AP per day would get you close to cap by now. This is on the assumption that the AP gain before the changes are balanced out with the double AP event and not counting the AP farming crisis that got most people their last 20-30 levels.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing over 2 years ago and I just hit August Palatine this weekend and I am not even half way to a 5 star AP wise. :/
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on March 13, 2018 2:47PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Stinkyremy
      Stinkyremy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dude 40k ap / hr is already good, assuming you work, then you play 20 hours a week top, say 15 of which is pvp. You need at least 2 years.

No I don't work I'm a NEET, but playing video games aren't my only hobby, nor do I only play ESO. I guess for me, 1-2 years of pure PvP to get 50.
    • thankyourat
      thankyourat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm still not at 50 on my main and I been playing since before imperial city. I spent some time dueling and I only really play solo PvP so the AP doesn't always flow in. If you really want AP, join a zerg guild I've seen players get there in months just zerging keeps and farming AP
    • HighKinlady
      HighKinlady
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also depends if you’re a Breton .. they get a 1% increase in ap each time AP is made . That cuts off a little bit of the grind
      XB NA
      High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• driosketch
      driosketch
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      2-3 weeks of /played time, probably. That's likely not referring to irl time.
      Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
      ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll put it this way.

Situation 1

Situation 2

Situation 3

Battlegrounds Math!

tl;dr
      god damn, OP was a simple question really, why did you have to go over the top to complicate things/

it is still 64mil AP to level 50, the AP gain has been increased, it takes about 1-1 1/2 years irl of everyday playing to get to level 50 alliance rank.

Because I like math. Situation 1 answered the OPs question. Its entirely possible to make 64 million AP in 3 weeks if you make 130k ap an hour, every hour.
      Edited by VaranisArano on March 13, 2018 4:27PM
    • Stinkyremy
      Stinkyremy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Also depends if you’re a Breton .. they get a 1% increase in ap each time AP is made . That cuts off a little bit of the grind

Yeah, also doing a delve and amount of keeps taken increase AP gain. My main is a nord DK tank, so being a breton is moot.

I'll put it this way.

Situation 1

Situation 2

Situation 3

Battlegrounds Math!

tl;dr

Because I like math. Situation 1 answered the OPs question. Its entirely possible to make 64 million AP in 3 weeks if you make 130k ap an hour, every hour.

np, I gathered you like math from your reply lol.
      I appreciate the input anyway.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      driosketch wrote: »
      2-3 weeks of /played time, probably. That's likely not referring to irl time.

If you make between 200k AP and 127k AP an hour while playing PVP, yes that's true.