The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lets talk about Snipe...

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing Snipe needs is a range reduction

It should have the same range as skills like Crystal Frags or Dark Flare

Other then that it’s fine. Its still going to be the most common skill your peppered with while your already busy fight two or three people in melee. Your still going to get spammed with it. Only difference is the sniper will run the risk of being gap closer which IMO fit a high damage ability with high up front damage,curated poisoned status effect,and Major Defile I don’t think that’s unreasonable.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People that build for Snipe are fine...

They are generally made up of wet toilet tissue if you are able to close to within melee range with them and they are useless when trying to take the flags on Keeps, so let them have their ranged specialization...

Snipe spammers are an annoyance...nothing more.
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non stamblades snipe spammers and dark flare gankplars...closing distance on them and that's pretty much a wrap. As long as ur smart enough to dodge/ block the attacks. Ur good.

Now if they are in a group? Try to target them through the group.

If they are in a large group? You were gonna die anyway, or atleast be on the defensive praying you can get away.

Leave the skills alone. They are fine as is

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a problem with zaan. You should have 10x problems with something that deals similar damage in 2 hits from 41m and stealth. (With less counters.)
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 8, 2018 3:01PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not nerf snipe, but please make the sound a little louder.

There are few things in this game more satisfying than catching and murdering a snipe spammer. Don’t change that.

Defensive rune up. Hear sound. Shield and defensive rune again. Look around, there he is! Caged. Streak streak, curse. He cloaked. One one-thousand. Two one-thousand. Boom! Curse again. Meteor. Flame reach. Frag. Boom! Two explosions. Dead. Walk up. /lol /lol /lol
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think defile needs to be removed on such a hard hitting 43+ metre skill.

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably needs severe range reduction to the maximum gapclose range. Or have the damned sound cue fixed because it makes no sound until your char is cc'd or when damage starts to register. Not even projectile itself getting to you will make any sound until the damage is taken about 2-3 seconds later. It hits hard and has long range. It should... by ZOS's own rules, be brought into the line with other skills. I'd rather see range reduced and have sound fixed.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Barbaran wrote: »
    Roll Dodge into a counter.
    Shimmering shield, wings, BoL into a total dark, shield stack, cloak.
    I slotted wings when I play my Stam DK and it's amazing.
    I've made snipers kill themselves with my Templar.
    I can build ult with my warden.
    I can out stack a sniper on my sorc.
    I don't play my NB too much but I've ganked a few snipers.
    Don't be greedy with you skills, you probably need to open a slot for ranged defence

^This. Especially the last statement.

Everyone crying for nerfs because they're too lazy and incompetent to use the already existing counters in the game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lazerlaz wrote: »
    Barbaran wrote: »
    Roll Dodge into a counter.
    Shimmering shield, wings, BoL into a total dark, shield stack, cloak.
    I slotted wings when I play my Stam DK and it's amazing.
    I've made snipers kill themselves with my Templar.
    I can build ult with my warden.
    I can out stack a sniper on my sorc.
    I don't play my NB too much but I've ganked a few snipers.
    Don't be greedy with you skills, you probably need to open a slot for ranged defence

^This. Especially the last statement.

Everyone crying for nerfs because they're too lazy and incompetent to use the already existing counters in the game.

There's no longer an animation for snipe.... Kinda hard to counter what you can't even see
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds