Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP EmoteToy

Rytfield
Rytfield
✭✭✭
This mod gave access to multiple emotes which didn't have slash commands but the mod will not longer be supported due to API changes.
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info43-EmoteToy.htm

"The Emote API has been changed so that it no longer allows emotes that didn't have slash commands to be used by the player."

Well, fudge!
  • Cormoran
    Cormoran
    ✭✭
    I guess... it was going to give an unfair advantage in PvP...? :|
    Cormoran Venim, level 6 Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
  • TIMEandETERNITY
    This is disappointing... I loved these emotes and it added some things to do when taking a break from questing or hunting and it makes good screenshots with friends. Maybe someone will make an alternative version of this and continue. Lets wait and see.
    "Here's to me, and Here's to you, Here's to love and laughter. I'll be true, as long as you, but not a moment after."
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    Most of the API changes I support but things like this are ridiculous, especially given the default UI is so eager to prove its immersion, it doesn't allow to make a hotbar full of such things, if we want.
  • SatHereQuesting
    This should be rectified... There is no competitive justification for the removal of Emotes.

I would like to see the devs either fix this breaking of EMOTE TOY or add these emotes to the standard emote list.
  • AZope
    AZope
    Actually, emotes and controlling PC characters (which is what emote coding does) is something I've never seen a game allow modders to look at. The coding could easily be changed and modified to do all sorts of things.

Also, there was an emote in the addon that allowed you to become invisible for about 4-5 seconds almost constantly if you kept applying it. It'd be a hassle, but that'd be a huge advantage in a PvP setting.

So while it sucks and some of those emotes were soooo amazing and I'd love to use them in RP, I can't argue with them removing access to it because it makes sense. I'd love to see some of them added to the general list later on, though.
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The emotes mentioned was not suppose to be usable by PC that's why there is no command for them. They simply remove the access of it from mods.
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them might have been abusable but there were some really cool ones too which do no harm whatsoever. /blades for example. It's an emote where you sharpen a sword.
  • AZope
    AZope
    Right. The issue is that in order to let the addon show some, it'd have to show all the coding. It's not like they can only let some emotes be shown.

So while I agree, some were totally badass and I'd love to see them in-game, there isn't a way for someone to mod it in without also having access to coding that is abusable.
  • Ignatz
    Ignatz
    Oh i have coded a Emote Tool my self and its working. There are 174 Emotes to use.
    Edited by Ignatz on March 31, 2014 11:00AM
  • HaljaNifheim
    HaljaNifheim
    ✭✭
    The emotes are fine and have not been blocked. What changed was they took out the emotes that had no text labels and/or were just place holders. It was an enumeration of 1-256. It dropped to 176 after the API change. Two are duplicates in name and animation. There is a minor issue with the early release version that they switched from a starting index of 1 to 0. That cuts off the /torch emote.

My emote add-on (ESOTheater )has been and is available to use at http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info59-ESOTheater.html

--halja
    Edited by HaljaNifheim on March 31, 2014 1:08PM
  • Ignatz
    Ignatz
    The emotes are fine and have not been blocked. What changed was they took out the emotes that had no text labels and/or were just place holders. It was an enumeration of 1-256. It dropped to 176 after the API change. Two are duplicates in name and animation. There is a minor issue with the early release version that they switched from a starting index of 1 to 0. That cuts off the /torch emote.

My emote add-on (ESOTheater )has been and is available to use at http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info59-ESOTheater.html

--halja

Yeah i knew the empty strings in the Emotelist i dont used them in my Addon. I thought they will maybe deleted! Now we see they did :)
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody said all emotes were blocked. The addon we're discussing had mostly emotes without /commands in them and some of them were really cool so we're sad to see these go.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the emote list will be expanded in the future. I don't think too many emotes is possible.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Sure hope so! Made a topic to suggest this but it didn't get that much attention. Perhaps because there isn't really a good /feedback system other than in-game.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73954/suggestion-even-more-emotes/p1
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    Give them back :(
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    AZope wrote: »
    Actually, emotes and controlling PC characters (which is what emote coding does) is something I've never seen a game allow modders to look at. The coding could easily be changed and modified to do all sorts of things.

Also, there was an emote in the addon that allowed you to become invisible for about 4-5 seconds almost constantly if you kept applying it. It'd be a hassle, but that'd be a huge advantage in a PvP setting.

So while it sucks and some of those emotes were soooo amazing and I'd love to use them in RP, I can't argue with them removing access to it because it makes sense. I'd love to see some of them added to the general list later on, though.

You cant change code that is server side unless you are working for ZOS, well, unless you hack their servers.

The emote that made you invisible didn't make you invisible to enemies, we know cause we tried it during beta.

Edited by Wreaken on April 14, 2014 1:10PM

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • AZope
    AZope
    @Wreaken I mentioned nothing about servers or server side code. I mentioned the API they gave addon creators, which, until the change talked about in this thread, was a much more extensive list than I've ever seen for a game- going all the way into looking at functions preformed by NPCs (The emotes in this addon.)

And while I can't say for sure if the invisibility emote affected NPC enemies, I know for a fact (due to testing it in beta!) that it works against other players. My friends could not see me, nor could I see them when they used the emote, making us potentially overpowered in pvp.

Which sucks cause the addon was cool and the emotes were cool. But given all the above mentioned information, it's a loss I'm willing to take for now, and hope that they implement some of them again as regular emotes!
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭

You were talking specifically about emotes here and how they could be abused by changing the code or modified to do all sorts of things. These cannot be force coded or changed other then from server side. In other words, as you are assuming, you cannot make an Emote to force another character to become uncontrollable as a form of CC by forcing them to /dance or something along those lines.

The only thing addon creators could of done was implement them in to their addons, so when a certain parameter was met, it would trigger the slash command or in this case, the non-slash command. This would of no way had an advantage over any other player other then looking cool after you got the kill shot on someone and you were automatically /cheering.

And while I can't say for sure if the invisibility emote affected NPC enemies, I know for a fact (due to testing it in beta!) that it works against other players. My friends could not see me, nor could I see them when they used the emote, making us potentially overpowered in pvp.

Which sucks cause the addon was cool and the emotes were cool. But given all the above mentioned information, it's a loss I'm willing to take for now, and hope that they implement some of them again as regular emotes!

The invisible command didn't work in pvp, you were seen in full sight, we tried it.

The only people who did not see you were the same faction or friendly targets.

I am agreeing with you that some of these emotes were cool, however, they have added a few cool new ones as well.

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia