Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any thoughts on a sorcerer healer build?

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I guess i didnt make myself clear, by high end stuff i mean vhof, vmol and vas hm

Honestly it doesn't matter what people say to you. Clearly you are just looking for affirmation to continue believing what you always did. I have seen it before. You will simply keep escalating to number 1 on leaderboards or having something like tick tock torrementor. Even then I feel like there will be a excuse.

It actually matters when it needs 11 more people to do content, I could just ignore what they think and go hardcore, but most likely the healer spots will be taken by a templar. Or I could stick to not so hardcore players and struggle months progressing a content.

Also I am one of the believers the pet on consoles is way too stupid to avoid deaths, its impossible to control them

Im not entirely sure what you are trying to say. Group composition is always a factor, we arent talking about pugs since we are talking about vet trials. The difference here is that there are players that are educated in the capabilities and viability of non templar healers.

If you roll into a pug vet trial group, dont say a word and intend to heal as a sorc, there will be raised eyebrows but that has more to do with a stigma regarding non templar healers and also the fact that the majority of people that play end game do not know the first thing about how non templar healers actually execute the role.

For example, give me some key points as to specifically why templar healers completely outclass other healers on all fronts, and i will be happy to break it down for you from there, because 9 times out of ten its usually some objectively false nonsense claims like higher healing output, passives meant for healing, utility not available elsewhere etc etc.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main reason Templars are preferred for healing has nothing to do with efficiency or actual healing output. It simply comes down to the fact that Templars have a cheap, reliable, group wide purge, while all other healers have to use the overly expensive and limited support tree purge.

That's really the only difference in a trials setting. The burst heal from breath of life makes more difference in 4 man content, but in a trial you have more than one healer so at least one can get by without an emergency heal.

After purge it all comes down to what buffs you provide the group. Templars get minor sorcery (or prophecy? Can't remember which it is) for the group when casting a dawns wrath ability. They also have a more reliable method of resource support with luminous shards, while other classes will have to use mystic orb which is arguably less effective.

Wardens actually provide a lot more in terms of group buffs and support than Templars do, but lack that cheap purge which puts them in second place for trials healing. Dragon knight, sorceror, and nightblade healers all offer less group support as well, making them less desirable.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    I'm actually trying a Sorcerer Healer (level 25 at the moment) in battlegrounds. Not that bad.

O.o what it's like in battlegrounds?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    The main reason Templars are preferred for healing has nothing to do with efficiency or actual healing output. It simply comes down to the fact that Templars have a cheap, reliable, group wide purge, while all other healers have to use the overly expensive and limited support tree purge.

That's really the only difference in a trials setting. The burst heal from breath of life makes more difference in 4 man content, but in a trial you have more than one healer so at least one can get by without an emergency heal.

After purge it all comes down to what buffs you provide the group. Templars get minor sorcery (or prophecy? Can't remember which it is) for the group when casting a dawns wrath ability. They also have a more reliable method of resource support with luminous shards, while other classes will have to use mystic orb which is arguably less effective.

Wardens actually provide a lot more in terms of group buffs and support than Templars do, but lack that cheap purge which puts them in second place for trials healing. Dragon knight, sorceror, and nightblade healers all offer less group support as well, making them less desirable.

They fixed synergies with dragon bones so no longer and issue there.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When your build plan has 3k magicka recovery or close to it theres really no problem using the pvp skill version of purge.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.