The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sooooo.....when are the new houses getting released?

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I have no interest in paying over $100.00 USD for an in game house that has very little function in game.

The prices in this game a joke, an utter joke.

Hey, Lineage 2 revolution just released a mount for £100, think yourself lucky lol. There's a range of houses, plenty to be bought with in-game money too so yeah...
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    I have no interest in paying over $100.00 USD for an in game house that has very little function in game.

Hey, Lineage 2 revolution just released a mount for £100, think yourself lucky lol. There's a range of houses, plenty to be bought with in-game money too so yeah...

Just because one game over-charges on a mount, it doesn't negate the prices in other games. Star Citizen has ships that they sell for thousands. Cash shops right across the board in this industry are stomach-churning, and people like you are the reason why, because you think it's both funny and acceptable for consumers to be expected to fork out a fortune on virtual goods that will disappear once the game has gone. This isn't like a virtual currency where your goods can gain or lose value, where you can trade or hand-down items. Once you bought a house you can't sell it, or hand-it-down. It's a dead-end investment.

Just because you're desensitized to disgraceful prices, doesn't mean everyone is.

Can't even blame the games that do this, they're taking from people all too eager to give.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 2, 2018 7:21AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    afaik Coldharbour Surreal Estate will be available at ESO 2018 Jubilee - so end March,April start ?
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Housing isnt for everyone. I know hundreds people who buy multiple houses and decorate them so its not a utter joke lol

I buy houses and decorate them as well. I did not say housing was an utter joke, I said spending $100.00 United States Dollars on a pixel house is a joke.

Going out drinking is an utter joke.
    Buying tickets to sports events, utter joke.
    Going to the cinema, utter joke.

To each their own.

I don't disagree.

I don't drink.

Sportsball does nothing for me.

I prefer to purchase a movie or music for repeated viewings or listening.

Regardless, paying 100 (or in the case of this game, MUCH MORE) for a digital house item that does very little in game....is an utter joke, and you bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Housing isnt for everyone. I know hundreds people who buy multiple houses and decorate them so its not a utter joke lol

I buy houses and decorate them as well. I did not say housing was an utter joke, I said spending $100.00 United States Dollars on a pixel house is a joke.

Well that would depend on the individual. Some people get their enjoyment from decorating and making amazing things. So 100 bucks for them isn't a waste. Value is too subjective to make a blanket statement like that.

Your enjoyment of something is not the same as everyone else's. You enjoy whatever it is you like and let those people enjoy what they like.

Not an argument. Point still remains, paying 100 dollars or more on a digital item that has little to no purpose in a game, is an utter joke.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To each their own.

I don't disagree.

I don't drink.

Regardless, paying 100 (or in the case of this game, MUCH MORE) for a digital house item that does very little in game....is an utter joke, and you bought into it, hook, line, and sinker.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you think it's not worth it does not make the item not worth it for all of humanity.
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that would depend on the individual. Some people get their enjoyment from decorating and making amazing things. So 100 bucks for them isn't a waste. Value is too subjective to make a blanket statement like that.

Your enjoyment of something is not the same as everyone else's. You enjoy whatever it is you like and let those people enjoy what they like.

Not an argument. Point still remains, paying 100 dollars or more on a digital item that has little to no purpose in a game, is an utter joke.

@Raideen let's expand on that point. there are a lot of people in the world who don't "get" the allure of video games at all. they might argue that spending hunderds of dollars on a system that plays video games is a joke. that's multiple times the amount you find ridiculous, not to mention the time spent playing them, where upon turning off the game the world is left barely different from when you turned it on.

there are others to whom spending a mere hundred dollars for something they want is a given, scoffing at those who see it as expensive. "Why get worked up over a hundo? what a joke."

you just seemed to forget that you're discussing matters of relative value. i respect that you have a hard line you will not cross. i think it's also fair to respect that other people have placed their line elsewhere.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

To each their own.

I don't disagree.

I don't drink.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you think it's not worth it does not make the item not worth it for all of humanity.

Actually, no.

There is no value in a digital good that can not be sold.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

@Raideen let's expand on that point. there are a lot of people in the world who don't "get" the allure of video games at all. they might argue that spending hunderds of dollars on a system that plays video games is a joke. that's multiple times the amount you find ridiculous, not to mention the time spent playing them, where upon turning off the game the world is left barely different from when you turned it on.

there are others to whom spending a mere hundred dollars for something they want is a given, scoffing at those who see it as expensive. "Why get worked up over a hundo? what a joke."

you just seemed to forget that you're discussing matters of relative value. i respect that you have a hard line you will not cross. i think it's also fair to respect that other people have placed their line elsewhere.

There is no value in a digital good that can not be sold.
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    'Value' doesn't exist in a mutually exclusive relationship to capital/economics, lol (experiences, individualized/subjective goals & passions, etc.) Language & meaning are more complex than that. But to each their own. . . . .
  • Luciferazazell
    Luciferazazell
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Luciferazazell on March 7, 2018 2:42PM
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The surreal estate at least on pts was available for gold....think was a million. The other two crown only apparently.