The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Mathiisen Too Big To Properly Furnish?

strangeradnd
strangeradnd
✭✭✭✭
I have not bought any large houses yet but was considering Mathiisen, the only thing holding me back is it seems like it will be half empty when I run out of slots. Has anyone found this to be a problem of this house?
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    That really depends on how you intend to use the 'Furniture' slots.

If you are trying to build your own custom wall and doorways and structures out of blocks and planks and rocks... you will probably run out of slots.

If you are just decorating the existing structure with actual furniture and you try to use furniture items that a 'fully detail' meaning you use the 'Basket Of Apples' furniture piece that requires 1 slot instead of making your own custom 'Basket Of Apples' by using an 'Empty Basket' and 13 'Apples' you stack inside taking up 14 slots... you should probably not have an issue.

I have a large home I fully furnished... I even made a hidden cave for my fence to hang out in and added scaffolding to reach normally inaccessible areas in my house... and I only used 377 slots.

I did not build walls or structure or anything like that though... I just used a many 'fully populated' furnishing as possible.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    That really depends on how you intend to use the 'Furniture' slots.

If you are trying to build your own custom wall and doorways and structures out of blocks and planks and rocks... you will probably run out of slots.

If you are just decorating the existing structure with actual furniture and you try to use furniture items that a 'fully detail' meaning you use the 'Basket Of Apples' furniture piece that requires 1 slot instead of making your own custom 'Basket Of Apples' by using an 'Empty Basket' and 13 'Apples' you stack inside taking up 14 slots... you should probably not have an issue.

I have a large home I fully furnished... I even made a hidden cave for my fence to hang out in and added scaffolding to reach normally inaccessible areas in my house... and I only used 377 slots.

I did not build walls or structure or anything like that though... I just used a many 'fully populated' furnishing as possible.

Thanks, I planned on using as many pre-combined items as I can but the place still seemed cavernous in size. I will probably give it a try anyway since I like the outdoor space as much as the inside.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @strangeradnd

NOTE: Gardens can also get 'crazy' expensive when it comes to 'Slots' used. I do have trees and rocks that I placed in my outdoor area, but all the trees, small rocks, and flowers probably makes up about 30 of the slots I used.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did a pretty decent job of mine, but I was never really happy with it.

If you want to make things a lot easier, sealing up one or both of those big bottom floor rooms will make your furnishings go much much further.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is the point. We shouldn't have to leave rooms empty because there are not enough item slots.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are on xbox na i can show you mine. it is absolutly perfect. although i did cut off one large room and a big porch. used aylied boocases to block doorways and it actually fits really well. gave me space to fill the rest in more and very not noticable.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The house isn't too big, the furniture limit is too small!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the home in the Preview furnished, that uses up 128 of the 300 slots (I have ESO Plus so my total is 600)

So you can see how your furniture budget will go
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are on xbox na i can show you mine. it is absolutly perfect. although i did cut off one large room and a big porch. used aylied boocases to block doorways and it actually fits really well. gave me space to fill the rest in more and very not noticable.

Thanks but I'm on PS4.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Look at the home in the Preview furnished, that uses up 128 of the 300 slots (I have ESO Plus so my total is 600)

So you can see how your furniture budget will go

That is what made think it might not fill up very well. I do have Plus as well though so it will help a little.
  • slicksteezin
    slicksteezin
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all houses in general - especially the bigger ones - the biggest issue is the lack of furnishing slots. While item storage is all well and good, I was really disappointed not to see an increase slot cap with the latest update. I built a very large farmer steamship at my hundings palatial hall that took up all 600 slots, so the rest of the House is empty :(
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not bought any large houses yet but was considering Mathiisen, the only thing holding me back is it seems like it will be half empty when I run out of slots. Has anyone found this to be a problem of this house?

The way that I feel things should be furnished virtual all large houses will be more than half empty with the amount of slots they give you. Mathiisen is better than most in this regard though. You should try to find somebody who has it. You may be reasonably happy with the 600 if you don't like to have a lot of little doodads or books on shelves and food on tables.

Overall the item limits on large houses are way out of line with what it takes to fill them. I blame, probably wrongfully, the filthy console peasants and their tiny, week, machines. The problem could also be that ESO loads about 1/3rd of a zones terrain for each house (all that background you see outside of your house is actually zone that has loaded and sometimes you can escape the invisible box and much about the countryside) In any case, ESO seems to be at somebodies memory limit and it is a real problem. Maybe the dropping of the 32bit client will help. We can hope, as the current limits are pathetic given the size of the houses they have made.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't they all ?