The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Templar Jabs & Puncturing Sweep Delay

• rickard_karstarck
    Cenom wrote: »
    Today's patch fixed nothing in terms of skills not firing when bar swapping and animation cancelling.

I can no longer buff myself by using skills and bar swapping to cancel the animations properly.

If I try to activate 3 buffs, by bar swapping each buff, it will consistently miss a buff.

It was not the question

It's clearly a related bug and ZOS has been silent about the core part of the bug, so obviously it's not fixed.

The jabs issue is the same as ALL OTHER SKILLS, but it's way more obvoius since jabs is a channeled skill.

Here's an idea, how bout if you don't have any actual details to add in these types of posts, you just keep quiet?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenom wrote: »
    Today's patch fixed nothing in terms of skills not firing when bar swapping and animation cancelling.

I can no longer buff myself by using skills and bar swapping to cancel the animations properly.

If I try to activate 3 buffs, by bar swapping each buff, it will consistently miss a buff.

It was not the question

It's clearly a related bug and ZOS has been silent about the core part of the bug, so obviously it's not fixed.

The jabs issue is the same as ALL OTHER SKILLS, but it's way more obvoius since jabs is a channeled skill.

Here's an idea, how bout if you don't have any actual details to add in these types of posts, you just keep quiet?

How bout you just stick to answering the question or dont answer at all.

There are other posts in relation to your post.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Puncturing sweeps still misses target every 3rd or 4th to me on my target dummy. I haven’t tried heals or my rotation in pvp or pve yet. But it seems better over all & I don’t hold my spear up in the air with nothing happening. Thank you for taking time to ask.
    Edited by Dutchessx on March 5, 2018 10:55PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I can confirm, for me at least the problem IS in fact solved. I most predominantly noticed the problem when trying to solo world bosses during my testing phase of the issue with friends. i was consistently able to spam my Puncturing Sweep many MANY times in a row, with are and proc set going and had no issue of delays. I will be sure to re-bump this feed though if the problem reappears in the next day or two.
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @AyeshaBelladonna
    .... PLEASE HELP! I submitted a bug report yesterday in game and have not received a response yet.
    In my experience, unless you use the "Ask for Help" option instead of the "Feedback" option, Customer Support will not respond to a bug report. Their response to a request for help, though, depends upon which staff member reads your message. Often their reply is to post a report in the Bug Report forum, or look for aid in their so-called "Knowledge Base". Or sometimes they simply give you bad advice. When they do take an interest in the matter, then they might offer helpful advice, or tell you how to research the issue and let them know the outcome, etc.

Unfortunately, we cannot attach a screenshot to the message when we use "Ask for Help", but we can attach screenshots to our reply to their e-mail.
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

For what it is worth, it looks plenty strange when an NPC continues attacking my character while the NPC's health bar is blank black. After about 2 - 6 seconds, they do fall over, dead. The continuing attack inflicts damage to my character (or to a familiar) unless I manage to reduce it by using Block or casting a Shield ability.

Since Update 17 network latency has increased on my connections from an average of about 115 ms. to an average of about 135 ms. Also, occasionally, the latency increases to red triple digits from about 300 ms. - 750 ms. for several seconds, then drops abruptly back to the usual range of 120 - 140 ms. If latency increases to 999 ms. then the game client will either drop the connection and return me to the desktop, or it will abruptly and obviously crash. Yes, this often happens during combat while my character is not in a group.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AyeshaBelladonna
    .... PLEASE HELP! I submitted a bug report yesterday in game and have not received a response yet.
    In my experience, unless you use the "Ask for Help" option instead of the "Feedback" option, Customer Support will not respond to a bug report. Their response to a request for help, though, depends upon which staff member reads your message. Often their reply is to post a report in the Bug Report forum, or look for aid in their so-called "Knowledge Base". Or sometimes they simply give you bad advice. When they do take an interest in the matter, then they might offer helpful advice, or tell you how to research the issue and let them know the outcome, etc.

Unfortunately, we cannot attach a screenshot to the message when we use "Ask for Help", but we can attach screenshots to our reply to their e-mail.

i DID do a /help with the bug report reference number. Sorry, i should've added that there. also- gina replied in this thread finally. I'm very familiar with the help/bug/tech support gauntlet of Zos lol ( i am one of their Mac gamers and it feels like the first 2 yrs were spent with tech support LOL) which is why i took to forums with my pleas as i was unable to get a response otherwise, and everytime a ticket gets started it starts the help/bug process all over again on their end. Having worked tech support before i totally get WHY their process is the way it is..... but that doesn't make it any less of a headache XD.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on March 6, 2018 4:15AM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

For what it is worth, it looks plenty strange when an NPC continues attacking my character while the NPC's health bar is blank black. After about 2 - 6 seconds, they do fall over, dead. The continuing attack inflicts damage to my character (or to a familiar) unless I manage to reduce it by using Block or casting a Shield ability.

Since Update 17 network latency has increased on my connections from an average of about 115 ms. to an average of about 135 ms. Also, occasionally, the latency increases to red triple digits from about 300 ms. - 750 ms. for several seconds, then drops abruptly back to the usual range of 120 - 140 ms. If latency increases to 999 ms. then the game client will either drop the connection and return me to the desktop, or it will abruptly and obviously crash. Yes, this often happens during combat while my character is not in a group.

i have also noticed the latency issues, although i have to see MUCH higher spikes to get DC'd. i have also noticed odd random drops in FPS with no explanation since the update. i can be nowhere near anyone, during off-peak hours, with no AOE or combat, and suddenly my fps with drop form 60 to 10 then come back up. I've thoroughly checked everything on my end and even run repeated trace routes for my ISP and cannot find any explanation for it. it sometimes is accompanied by a ping fluctuation and sometimes not. Either way its happening far more frequently. could be hot fixes still going on behind scenes i suppose as off-peak hours make that an optimal time for such things but it feels more like a game instability issue on their end. folks talk to on TS usually report similar odd things at the same times in totally different areas so it can't all be me or my machine, you know?
    NA EP CP1200+

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "delayed death" of some NPCs is not exclusive to Puncturing Sweep. I've noticed that effect when using other skills as well and not even playing a Templar. Usually the last mob from a trash pack remains standing, with a sliver of health, then promptly falls dead ~1s later. Sometimes I even have time to hit it a few times before it drops. My ping is normal, between 80-110 ms, and I didn't notice any spikes during this occurrence.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

This exact problem is back again after the murkmire patch this morning.
  • MrUntouchable
    MrUntouchable
    ✭✭
    Same here. My Templar on a Test Dummy today showing just this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrJZIwSBuI

@ZOS_GinaBruno Sorry I should have been more specific, this is the problem I was referring to.
  • DokThor90
    DokThor90
    ✭✭✭
    I do still have this, any1 else too? For me it is more like they Work as intended for 3-4 Times, then nothing Happening and they "fire" with 1-2 sec delay....?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DokThor90 wrote: »
    I do still have this, any1 else too? For me it is more like they Work as intended for 3-4 Times, then nothing Happening and they "fire" with 1-2 sec delay....?

I have the "new" problem as you described. It happens all the time during dungeon runs. My character gets "stuck" with her arm extended holding the staff for several seconds and then all of a sudden it pops and all my keystrokes that were pressed during that time fire at once.

It isn't lag either. I think it came about with the last major patch. I am going to make a new video of the problem and post it in a new thread soon.