Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is ZOS looking into the issues surrounding this last patch from Monday?

Azramel
Azramel
✭✭✭
Since the last patch on Monday, 2/26, the game has been very laggy. I don't even need to explain what is going on because there are so many threads open about it already. I have yet to find a response from ZOS related to this issue on the forums. If anyone knows of a thread which ZOS has stated they are looking into the last patch problems please link for me. Otherwise, all im asking is to know if it's being looked into. These are not just minor issues which can be overlooked.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dev Tracker at the top of the page is your friend.

ZOS looking into random resource drain: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4903477#Comment_4903477

That's the only response I see so far.
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    @Azramel Having unnatural lag, frame skip and broken audio too?
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    @Azramel Having unnatural lag, frame skip and broken audio too?

Yes, I notice it in Cyrodiil mostly. The most noticeable lag is not being able to see abilities like biting jabs. I notice a lot of skills don't display the animation but still function. For example, I'll cast biting jabs 3 times in a row on an enemy player, all 3 times will damage that player, but only the 3rd cast will show an animation. So I'm basically casting blind and the player who is taking damage doesn't show health loss until the skill starts animating. I notice this for many skills but it's most noticeable for skills with a channel or casting time. I've been on the receiving end of it also and have been blown up at full health by several abilities I never seen on screen. This is happening in Cyrodiil when the server is almost dead.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far no, they haven’t even acknowledged it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In yesterday's 'Live', they acknowledged the problems and said there will be a fix in Monday's maintenance.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yes, both posts are typically buried in a specific problem threads.

Where is the general announcement?

We aren't supposed to have to wade through developer comments in search of some acknowledgement about a number of major game breaking issues with the game that the forum is exploding about imo.
    Edited by Idinuse on March 4, 2018 3:26AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

We aren't supposed to have to wade through developer comments in search of some acknowledgement about a number of major game breaking issues with the game that the forum is exploding about imo.

That's what the Dev Tracker is for...that's how I found both of them.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Animation cancelling and bar swapping? Thats kind of laughable. Basically just goes to show they’re not really aware of the scope of the issues in this game right now.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus I know how to use the Dev tracker lol. My argument is that when a game (or any other product) is experiencing the kind of breakdown as the game obviously and without a doubt is having, it is by far normal business procedure to communicate about the broken product/game/software, what ever, in easy to find and reachable ways, like a sticky thread being among the first things you see when you brows to the Forum to either express your problems with the product or precisely look for any communication from the producer/manufacturer of the product about such problems/bugs/dysfunctions of said product.

The last thing to expect from customers, no matter how long they've been playing the game (March 2014 for me) or how long they've been using the Forum (March 2014 for me), is that they shouldn't HAVE to search around for any form of information or acknowledgment from the Moderators and/or Developers about huge issues their product may have, such as these issues that ESO currently has.

Yay, I can search through the Dev tracker which may or may not enlighten me about what the developers acknowledge about the widespread problems the product has, and if by any chance they are actively working on addressing each specific issue, rather than a nod to a specific problem being the topic of a small thread on page 15 of the General Discussion area.

ZTF4BU7.gif
    Edited by Idinuse on March 4, 2018 5:17PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a General Announcement thread, the Devs are happy to comment on individual posts. Got it.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, these issues are worse than ever. Skills, even looting and inventory access not registering or taking 2-3 seconds, enemy health bars lagging etc. No better after Monday's patch, if anything its worse. Could not even play tonight it was that bad.

Can we get some clarity on what has caused this in the latest patch? I understand things can go wrong with patches but the lack of communication on this recent batch of issues is a little concerning.