The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Elf Staff Style???

ol_BANK_lo
ol_BANK_lo
✭✭✭✭✭
Didn't know what to title this. I made a new Dark Elf magblade, and quickly stole an inferno staff to replace the 2H I was given. I really like the style of the staff. So when I made training gear at level 6 for her, I made it in the same Dark Elf style (as listed on the weapon). Mine looks nothing like the stolen one. So I went to the outfit table to see if the stolen was a later version. Nope. Why/how did I steal a Dark Elf staff that looks nothing like the ones I can craft? I am sure I am missing something. In fact, I looked through all of the staffs in the outfit station, and none look like the stolen one. What am I missing?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 5th tier style that was supposed to be available to us, but isn't. The Master weapons are currently the only (usable) weapons that are 5th tier, aside from the stealable ones that don't do much.

I recall ZOS mentioning in a post similar to this that we might be seeing 5th tier in the future.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the stolen items use a Tier 5 style, where the crafted items only get to Tier 4.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a 5th tier style that was supposed to be available to us, but isn't. The Master weapons are currently the only (usable) weapons that are 5th tier, aside from the stealable ones that don't do much.

I recall ZOS mentioning in a post similar to this that we might be seeing 5th tier in the future.

Ahhh, now it makes sense. Kinda sucks.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the stolen items use a Tier 5 style, where the crafted items only get to Tier 4.

Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Hmmm, why are we waiting for Tier 5? Why can I steal better looking stuff than I can craft?
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a picture at least? I'm curious to see what tier 5 dark elf staves look like.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh also, only the 10 original races have the 5th tier, so daedric, primal, dwemer (dwarven?), and ancient elf wouldn't have another tier (sadly).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a picture at least? I'm curious to see what tier 5 dark elf staves look like.

@static_recharge

How do I post picture? I don't see "attach". Tried copy/paste which didn't work.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh also, only the 10 original races have the 5th tier, so daedric, primal, dwemer (dwarven?), and ancient elf wouldn't have another tier (sadly).

oh, got it
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@static_recharge

How do I post picture? I don't see "attach". Tried copy/paste which didn't work.

Right click the picture, select copy image address, and then in the image box paste that there and press enter.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭

@static_recharge

You have to upload the screenshot to an image hosting site such as imgur then copy the link here.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@static_recharge

Right click the picture, select copy image address, and then in the image box paste that there and press enter.

It's only on my phone/laptop.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u grabbed it during the Morrowind tutorial, there r a few staffs standing around that have dunmer t5 style.
    It is the style used for master inferno staffs, unique weapons droping in vdsa.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Available at a Crown $tore near you, get the ultra mega 5th tier weapon skin, only 1000 crowns each or get all weapons and armor for 6500.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    The-Masters-Staff.jpg
    I'm guessing it's the master inferno staff style, it has the same grip as dunmer staves.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The-Masters-Staff.jpg
    I'm guessing it's the master inferno staff style, it has the same grip as dunmer staves.

There you go...that looks like it.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    If u grabbed it during the Morrowind tutorial, there r a few staffs standing around that have dunmer t5 style.
    It is the style used for master inferno staffs, unique weapons droping in vdsa.

Interesting. I stole mine from Davon's Watch.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The-Masters-Staff.jpg

I guess so. That's weird. I didn't even put Dunmer and Master together. Not sure why they did that.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Hmmm, why are we waiting for Tier 5? Why can I steal better looking stuff than I can craft?

We are waiting for Tier 5 because it was originally designed to be Vet Rank 17/18 gear. But with the whole removal of Vet Ranks, the revamp of gear to be tied to Champion Level, and all monsters essentially auto-leveling to CP160 gear level, that kind of went out the window. If they introduced CP 170/180 gear, what would be the point? All the enemies would auto-scale to CP180. So you would grind/farm for the exact same gear you already have, only for it to be no upgrade at all over the CP160 gear you did have because enemies became more powerful to match. New crafting tiers would be busy work that just keeps you running in place. That defeats whole purpose of new gear tiers, which are a controlled form of power creep (every MMO must have some power creep - players quit if they never progress or get more powerful as time passes). In ESO, CP cap increases and new sets every 3 months are the controlled form of power creep.

I would be happy for ZOS to add Tier 5 to outfitting. As simply a skin to put over out existing gear. But I don't want them to add Tier 5 as a new CP 180 max gear level material, where it takes 10,000 "Aether Silk" or something like that to craft a full set of CP180 Julianos gear. Or where we all have to grind Maw of Lorkhaj for hundreds of hours (again!) to get Moondancer Staves in CP180. Or where all the Trials and dungeons become way harder overnight because we are so underpowered in our legacy CP160 gear while fighting CP 180 monsters. Anyone remember how insanely difficult VR16 monsters were when we were all still in VR14 gear because it took forever to farm enough ancestor silk/rubedo leather/rubedite to craft even one piece of VR16 gear? That was miserable. No going back to that, please.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Thanks.

We are waiting for Tier 5 because it was originally designed to be Vet Rank 17/18 gear. But with the whole removal of Vet Ranks, the revamp of gear to be tied to Champion Level, and all monsters essentially auto-leveling to CP160 gear level, that kind of went out the window. If they introduced CP 170/180 gear, what would be the point? All the enemies would auto-scale to CP180. So you would grind/farm for the exact same gear you already have, only for it to be no upgrade at all over the CP160 gear you did have because enemies became more powerful to match. New crafting tiers would be busy work that just keeps you running in place. That defeats whole purpose of new gear tiers, which are a controlled form of power creep (every MMO must have some power creep - players quit if they never progress or get more powerful as time passes). In ESO, CP cap increases and new sets every 3 months are the controlled form of power creep.

I would be happy for ZOS to add Tier 5 to outfitting. As simply a skin to put over out existing gear. But I don't want them to add Tier 5 as a new CP 180 max gear level material, where it takes 10,000 "Aether Silk" or something like that to craft a full set of CP180 Julianos gear. Or where we all have to grind Maw of Lorkhaj for hundreds of hours (again!) to get Moondancer Staves in CP180. Or where all the Trials and dungeons become way harder overnight because we are so underpowered in our legacy CP160 gear while fighting CP 180 monsters. Anyone remember how insanely difficult VR16 monsters were when we were all still in VR14 gear because it took forever to farm enough ancestor silk/rubedo leather/rubedite to craft even one piece of VR16 gear? That was miserable. No going back to that, please.

I see. Thanks...I'll add hundreds of hours of VMA to that list of things I have no desire to do if they increased the level again.

Hopefully we will see the tier 5 stuff, since apparently it only affects a small number of items anyway.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these 5th tier items not available in the Outfitting menu? Seems like a good place unless they are planning to use Crown Store to sell us access to the 5th tiers.
    PC-NA
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Are these 5th tier items not available in the Outfitting menu? Seems like a good place unless they are planning to use Crown Store to sell us access to the 5th tiers.

No, they aren't. That's where I first looked after my item didn't look how I expected it to look.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Only items available through crafting are available through the outfit station. Tier 5 is still uncraftable.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BANK_IT_HERE
    I'm kinda curious as to were in davons watch you stole it. I use a non set inferno on my nightblade, might as well have something unique :D lol
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darn. I found it, but it only goes up to CP 140.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BANK_IT_HERE
    I'm kinda curious as to were in davons watch you stole it. I use a non set inferno on my nightblade, might as well have something unique :D lol

@MercTheMage When you first go through the entrance of davon's watch, there is a set of vendors to the left. The very first one, the woodworker one, has an inferno staff on the table. I stole in twice...once when I first made the character, and a second time when I was figuring out the style issue. Both times I got "Dark Elf" style, I assume because my character is Dark Elf. So keep that in mind.
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn. I found it, but it only goes up to CP 140.

Oh just read this.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you REALLY like the style of that staff you stole you can actually make it into a somewhat kind of usable staff but you'll need to transmute it... Still won't be a set item so yeah.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ol_BANK_lo
    ol_BANK_lo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    If you REALLY like the style of that staff you stole you can actually make it into a somewhat kind of usable staff but you'll need to transmute it... Still won't be a set item so yeah.

Yeah, I would rather have set item. Not that big of a deal. I just didn't realize that after the outfit stations came out, there were still styles we couldn't craft.