The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you duel wield as a healer?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I seen this done before and was curious why people would do it and how it works.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my healer is dual wield front and destro back. Vet dungeons only, mostly as a third DPS'er. Especially nice when your pug team is a bunch of 10K dps bow spammers.

Otherwise, there is no need in dual wield due to Heavy Attack Online meta.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't.

Destro/resto is what you run.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you? I’ve seen people with sword and shield and bows healing, too, but all this seems sub-optimal for healing (granted, healing is not super necessary in most dungeon content). Perhaps it’s someone useful for someone who wants to spam their execute or something for DPS? Not sure...
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I use to because I farmed the gear a long time ago and couldn't be bothered to farm again 100 times just to get a lightning staff, its usually people that use to be dps but now want to heal but still want to dps, but really destro will do more damage, dual wield is old school and not as strong as it use to be.
    It also adds another slot which may be a reason people still want to do it, that's why I did it a long time ago.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only healers that can get away with any type of non resto staff setup and thus dw on any bar, is warden and templar but even that is pushing it. The extra SD and set peice isnt really worth it, all things considered. For dungeons its fine if you know whats up.
    Edited by exeeter702 on March 3, 2018 5:55PM