Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

couple of weeks left, will we get building components soon?

immozz01
immozz01
✭✭✭
in about a month the Coldharbor house will become available. Very nice, my compliments, a lot of people have been asking for something like that. Question is when will we get building blocks such as floors, walls with sizes like 50+x50+ tiles?? It's not asking for animated, complicated designs, i bet a decent designer makes a plain floor in 10 minutes. furthermore, database must be full of them. please do not turn something some people look forward to into one big joke....
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric Platforms and the Decorator OCD Mod are having to suffice for me on the PTS. The coldharbor rock formations have 1 flat edge if you don't want to build hollow structures
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    My very rough estimate is that it is 250x250 buildable tile space.

i took daedric platform to do some numbers, because they are basically the only decent building platforms, perfectly straight and decent looking. Yes you can use boulders that are bigger, but they are odd shaped and not totally flat on any side.

250x250 tiles means 62500 usable space. lets say we just want to create our own floor using platforms.

daedric platforms are roughly 20x8 tiles > 160 tiles

so if you just want to make your own flat floor it would require you using 390 platforms..........................

• Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just want a black pyramid or ziggurat the daedric platforms work quite well.
    Edited by Thannazzar on February 26, 2018 11:15PM
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am hoping for a lot more than a big floor. (Unfortunately I have seen no posts from Test Server users indicating any kind of new and innovative furniture types... unless you count storage boxes... so I think the odds of getting any of the things listed below are slim to none)

People are doing incredibly costly things right now like building entire walls and stairways using relatively small blocks which costs them 100's of finishing slots.

Hell I have seen people wasting 20 to 30 slots just to make small fruit stand.

They need to give people more fully designed structural components like:

Walls (Floor to ceiling and with different construction styles to match housing types)
    Walls with 'Doorways' (They don't have to be animated just an Fing hole in a wall would do)
    Large Wide Flooring platforms (I am talking about the 'base' of an Arena here not a simple walkway or plank)
    Stadium Seating (Again for people who want to create Arena they need the ability to create raised coliseum style seating quickly and using minimal slots)

As a secondary concern they really should give us more 'Full' structures like:
    (These should be a complete structure with walls and a roof that can be placed 1 unit)

Small/Medium Barns/Stables/Barracks (These could be pretty simple square building but should match architectural styles)
    Watch Towers (This could basically be a simple cone structure with an exterior ramp/stairway that leads to the top)

Finally we need more 'Fully Populated' furnishings. (Another thing eating up people slot counts are place settings and Knick knacks on shelves).

Dinner tables that have place setting and food already displayed on them
    Bookshelves that are populated with books and little items.
    Tables that have display a dice game in progress or some kind of reading or writing activities.
    Kitchen table that are pre decorated with food being prepared for cooking
    Racks with food or kegs already on them.

Some of these thing already exist but their should be more variety.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on February 26, 2018 11:46PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Ty for replies, i fear ZOS never will..

I'm just a tiny bit amazed, this is like launching a new class and forgetting to give it skills and never getting back on the subject.

You would like to think someone would like to make a buck here, copy paste some stuff you have in data base anyway, launch 2 designs for gold and 2 tiny bit better looking items in the crownshop for like 100 crowns.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @immozz01

I would not give up yet.

Housing is only 1 year old and people are complaining like crazy about a lack of furnishing slots.

ESO Can't easily add significantly more slots since there are hardware limitation for minimal specs that they have to take into account.

However, 1 large wall or a wall with a doorway costs about the same system resources as a simple small stone block... which means the most likely way they can address the 'slot count' issue is by adding new more complete furniture structures.

Once ESO realizes that... I am sure they will start adding those things. Look at a game like Halo that has a complete level editor that has to obey minimal spec requirements. It took them 3 iterations over 7 years to finally figure out a good set of well designed modular building structures.

But... don't expect those new items to cost 10 crowns .. expect something closer to 1000 crowns.
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    Ty Woef,

I'm aware of limitations like adding extra slots. I wouldn't ask for that, would be nice options. System has limits and that requires a lot of work and testing to change and tbh it doesn't sound like a smart fix to me. I don't get it that we have stuff like trinket boxes, detailed and all, but no decent sized walls etc (doesn't even matter how they look) because they have those templates anyway and takes zero effort to launch them. As mentioned, we are "only" a year since housing was introduced, just don't get it why they launch a barren piece of land in coldharbor soon without components. of course you could build an odd shaped mountain there with boulders and place your trinket box on top of it..
  • trevhunt
    trevhunt
    Soul Shriven
    Building components would be good, I looked at coldharbour property and thought wouldn't it be nice to build a nice little cottage in the middle of a hellish place, but at the moment its not doable. I like to be able to build structures at my homes, but components are limited so any construction takes up a lot of slots , would be nice if zos addressed this :-)
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @immozz01

First let me just say I am not trying to excuse ESO for not producing the more complete object types like Walls and Walls with doorways and large floor sections.

Those are really cheap for them to make and would resolve a lot of 'slot' complaints.

Second I actually think the 'Coldharbor' empty space is a 'good' sign indicating they might actually be planning to release something like this, and new furniture can be released without a Patch.

What I hope is that they want to give us 'good' walls and floors that match architecture styles and maybe make them 'sizable'....

However, when they 'do' deliver crappy blocks and bolder that don't even have a flat side to them... it makes me skeptical that they are being that concerned with the 'look' of these items.

I can only think of two reasons why they have not done something like this already:

1.) Furniture' is not considered a good revenue stream for them...Perhaps the only people spending crowns on them are using their 'allotted' crowns from their subscriptions... which means these items don't bring in 'new' revenues.

2.) On the flip side, maybe the revenues are so good that they want to squeeze the last dollar out of sales of blocks and planks before they do something more useful.

Personally I think it is more likely to be option 1 coupled with prioritizing work on new 'Game' features like the latest Update and Dungeon packs.

Remember they have stated are planning 3 updates (dungeon add ons) and 1 major system expansion (Something like Morrowind was) this year.

If that is why they are taking so long... I can forgive them.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on February 28, 2018 10:47PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    ty woef, good arguments

yes they are probably busy giving us new updates, however..... ZOS seems to be a smart company, wth do they invest time and effort (read money) to design the coming coldharbor "house" and apparantly will sell it for 1M gold when they dont do the follow up that has at least the potential to yield income? as a company you want roi (return on investment) and from what i hear in guilds etc is that no one wants to own and do something with it unless they also provide the tools to do so? as mentioned before that would be like launching a dlc with a new class with no skills, no one will buy it. It's sad on what dev's answer on and don't sometimes :)
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    @immozz01

That is a good point.. why deliver an 'empty' space when there are no options to effectively fill it...

I wish I could even guess at a 'Good' answer to that question...

Unfortunately I can only guess a bad answer, which would be that some people asked for it... meaning they specifically asked for an 'empty space' because they did not want the 'house'.

I know there have been threads on that... but from what I remember people wanted a 'Cheap Or Free Empty Space' meaning some small area where they could place a small 'Camp Ground' and ESO does have 'Tents' and things like that available.

The key here is that people were asking for something 'Free' or 'Very Cheap' not a 'Manor Home' priced location.

So... their definitely seems to be a disconnect here and ESO's intentions for this home are definitely not clear.

Edited by Woefulmonkey on March 1, 2018 9:21PM