Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

KB&Mouse Not working (PC) Windows, N/A

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello and good day, so I have this new problem now and can't do anything with this game. I first started to notice something wrong when I tried to use zone chat, hitting enter would not work. So I tried tab to log off, nothing. I use the controller and tried logging out, couldn't even get to that screen.

I used task manager to shut down, restarted my pc, even shut down completely and after the 4th try I have no idea what to do.

The mouse icon will move as I move it, it just won't click anything.
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright, after dozens of attempts to correct it, I did what any caveman would do. Used my entire hand to do some keyboard button mashing. Either it's a coincidence or I may have hit a combo of keys that unlocked KB&M functions. So it's back to working again, but I have to say that's pretty lame since I know I didn't do anything to make that happen to start with.

Close thread, I'm done.

Thanks.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still having issues where KB&M will not work again today, even just to get me into the game or close it out once at the character load menu. So I uninstalled it, hoping that once I reinstall it will work again, if not, pains me to say but a system restore back a week or two may fix it. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I'm using steam version BTW.

So once steam logs me in and takes me to the character menu, the mouse doesn't highlight my characters when I mouse over them, and I can't click them, nor can I click any settings on the left like quit, addons, settings. I have to use task manager to force the game to shut down. Well if the reinstall doesn't work, I'm going to try the system restore and go back a week or two.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe try hitting the Period key? That seems to lock some functions. If that doesn't help, I have no idea.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah after just now that I uninstalled and reinstalled, including reinstalling the Launcher, it seems to be working fine again. So, @VaranisArano , it's the period key that locks/unlocks? Well if it ever happens again I'll be sure to try that instead of wasting 3 hours downloading everything again. Since the Dragonbones launch too many things have been going wrong.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Yeah after just now that I uninstalled and reinstalled, including reinstalling the Launcher, it seems to be working fine again. So, @VaranisArano , it's the period key that locks/unlocks? Well if it ever happens again I'll be sure to try that instead of wasting 3 hours downloading everything again. Since the Dragonbones launch too many things have been going wrong.

That's what happened to me once. I don't know its that's causing your issue.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I ran into the issue again just now. So apparently force quitting the game with task manager causes the KB&M not to function anymore. I also tried your period key , alt+. , ctrl+. , Tab+. , and nothing worked. So I have to uninstall / reinstall again to make it work. It never did that before, I used to always been able to shutdown with tack manager if I needed to. It's only now recently I'm having this issue.

Windows 8.1 pc.

• chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trial and Error.

So after 7 hours of wasting my time I found a second solution to my problem.

1st was to waste precious hours uninstalling and reinstalling.

2nd was to hit the tild key, or shift + tild keys. Which unlocked KB&M functions.

I really do hope I don't have to go thru this again.